ÆoD 6.66 Alpha 8 (11/20/2018)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: ÆoD 6.66 Alpha 8 (11/20/2018)

Post by Major Cooke »

Options -> AEons of Death Options.

You can turn it down to 1, but you can't exactly turn it off completely. It'll still spawn some over the cap though, but not to the point where it's troublesome.

Bear in mind monsters will just "pop" out of existence if they were to normally explode into gibs.
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

ok i see it thanks
YasuoProjectX

Post by YasuoProjectX »

Also i have another 3 problems (again?)
No. 1: Hellspawn boss, theres no taunt sounds from Hammer Hound and Hell's Battery for some reason, also their attacks had no sound effects, exept explosive sounds and other bosses from HS. Can you add taunts and sound effects from Realm667?
No. 2: BFG9000 Glitch, can fire bfg balls while the laser projectiles are clipping from the wall but nothing happens when damaged nearby enemies in next room. (while im using HontE Remastered)
No. 3: While picking a Hornet Guns (or Dual) can use alt-fire but noticed their bugs (homing projectiles) will attack you instead of their enemies.
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

That teaser video doesn't really tell me much about what this mod is. Some sort of randomizer I'm guessing?

Also which download links are the most up-to-date ones? The two in the main post or the two in the spoiler box below it? They are different links to different files, but they don't explain which of them are the most recent.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

YasuoProjectX wrote:Also i have another 3 problems (again?)
No. 1: Hellspawn boss, theres no taunt sounds from Hammer Hound and Hell's Battery for some reason, also their attacks had no sound effects, exept explosive sounds and other bosses from HS. Can you add taunts and sound effects from Realm667?
No. 2: BFG9000 Glitch, can fire bfg balls while the laser projectiles are clipping from the wall but nothing happens when damaged nearby enemies in next room. (while im using HontE Remastered)
No. 3: While picking a Hornet Guns (or Dual) can use alt-fire but noticed their bugs (homing projectiles) will attack you instead of their enemies.
1. If I modify them, I will not use anything from Realm667. Low priority. I have far bigger fish to fry in this mod.
2. Are you certain it didn't damage them? Remember, it doesn't always cause flinching. Also I have no idea what HontE Remastered is.
3. Will investigate.
skdursh wrote:That teaser video doesn't really tell me much about what this mod is. Some sort of randomizer I'm guessing?
T'was a shitty make during a moment of my life when things were crazy and chaotic. Thanks for reminding me to take it down. Personally, I hate recording video previews.
skdursh wrote:Also which download links are the most up-to-date ones? The two in the main post or the two in the spoiler box below it? They are different links to different files, but they don't explain which of them are the most recent.
The title of this thread says AEoD 6.66 alpha 8.
The spoiler has the label 6.06.2.
Therefor, it's safe to deduce that if the download links are inside the spoiler, that's version 6.06.2.
The download links outside of it are for 6.66 alpha 8.

-----

Just a heads up, I've been recently working on an upcoming patch to ensure this mod is 4.2 compatible. But as usual I will not establish a release date.
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Yeah, but it seems like the version numbers are kind of randomly handed out throughout the post leading to confusion. Like why does it say 6.07 at the bottom, is 6.07 the same as 6.66? Also 6.66 is obviously not a legitimate versioning number in the tradition of computing so it can be interpreted being tongue-in-cheek due to it's recognition as the "Satan number". What then IS 6.06.2? Why is the README 6.06 if the most recent version is legitimately called 6.66? I think it should be clearly outlined, it's better to be explicit than just assume that everyone is going to know what your exact intentions are. Also, it's quite literally in the forums rules that projects should have screenshots and information about the mod and I don't understand why you would even want to obscure that information anyway.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

6.06.2 is indeed the latest official release (one that's very old now, and which I cannot support due to GZDoom changes breaking the old mod version). I think I made it abundantly clear that if something belongs to 6.06, it should be labelled as such - and that's exactly what I did. Hence the readme says 6.06.

6.66 is not considered a full release, it's an open source alpha. I follow the general rule of alphas and betas: if it has those key terms in them, unless the author states otherwise, it's not a full release. Because it's not a full release, some things might not be updated until a full release comes around, such as documentation. This is due to the fact that development could change at any time.

Also:
Rules wrote:2) Just to clarify from the above rule: you need to post something from your project! If a project thread is posted without screenshots, we'll give you some time to get them added, or else your project thread is going to get locked. Not everybody wants to download a large-ish WAD file and puzzle over what exactly is changed, so it helps to show people what it looks like without making them read a wall of text or download a file and be surprised. If the mod has already been released in the thread's first post, screenshots are merely suggested, not required. We can be more lenient for mods where a screenshot does not convey what the mod actually does, i.e. for music and sound patches or mutators.
If you absolutely must have a video:

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

It's amazing that the update is still going on. Worth the wait!
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Slowly but surely. Unfortunately, the new content I'm working on adding is more difficult to perform since I'm one-man army-ing this. If there are folks who are willing to help me out with these, that'd be most appreciated. Mainly, sprite ripping.
007kingifrit

Post by 007kingifrit »

Hey I'm real excited to hear your working on an update. I don't know what sprite ripping is (i assume its just cutting images out of another game and making it into an art asset that can be used in aeod6?) but if its more on the busywork side and less on the technical side I would be willing to look at a tutorial and see if i can do it
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

It's rather heavily involved in both I'm afraid. I prefer clean model rips if at all possible. Making those can be difficult if you're not careful and you're forced to rely upon dirty rips (ones involving screenshots with the background being a contrasting color to ease ripping). Dirty rips are acceptable for weapons, but good luck ripping enemies this way. Heh...

Some games have their own editor tools, like Team Fortress 2's model viewer, which I used to rip the current TF2 enemies. Man, that was so many years ago... Not even sure if it'll still work now. Was a twisted sort of setup.

Furthermore, you will have to learn those tools directly. Not all of them have tutorials. Sometimes you just have to improvise.

So in short, it's not easy. Very tedious stuff and time consuming. Also you have to own the game(s) to use them, so if you don't, you won't be able to do anything.

Where I tend to struggle with is learning the editor functionality itself and developing an easy to use method for putting the characters into their animations. Sometimes... those tools just suck. Or the learning process does. But that's mainly because I'm not as young as I used to be, and my patience with it can grow thin real quickly.
YasuoProjectX

Post by YasuoProjectX »

Wait did you add TF2 Enemies? but where do i found that theme?
LowEndPCGamer100

Post by LowEndPCGamer100 »

Does anyone have a link to the latest version of this mod? I havent played this in a good while
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

YasuoProjectX wrote:Wait did you add TF2 Enemies? but where do i found that theme?
Joke theme. I'll probably separate them into their own secondary monsters category. DBT originally put them there because he thought they weren't serious enough.
LowEndPCGamer100 wrote:Does anyone have a link to the latest version of this mod? I havent played this in a good while
On the front page. There's two links not far from the top. You'll need both.
Miru

Post by Miru »

Enjoying playing through the 1 Monster Megawad with this. There’s plenty of options. I have a question; will the custom monsters, such as the Death Bringer and Azazel, be put in the “Extra Monsters” section to be toggleable?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”