ÆoD 6.66 Alpha 8 (11/20/2018)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: ÆoD 6.66 Alpha 8 (11/20/2018)

Post by Major Cooke »

The death bringer in particular you must play with all the main themes enabled. This is the only way you'll get him to spawn. Azazel, maybe. I am actually probably going to put him in the Doom 64 monsters section instead.
Miru

Post by Miru »

I have a few other suggestions;

* I noticed that the Raise spell’s projectiles will fight living monsters and usually win. Maybe have them re-animate the defeated monster if they do?
* Reviving weapons/spells could perhaps work on dead marines for some quick allies.
* Some monsters like the Phoenix, The Light, and NME seem hard enough that they should more often drop a reward when you defeat them. Perhaps a “progressive randomization” system could work to make sure these don’t spawn too early?
* Maybe have a pickup ratio menu similar to the one for weapons?
* Maybe work out a system to detect bodies of (swimmable) water in levels, and from there spawn aquatic enemies? (Hexen Stalker, Shadow Warrior eels, etc?). A similar system might work for stationary enemies like the plant from Blood (use them to replace clusters of barrels?)
* I think the sticky mines could be dual-wielded. Would be interesting to have a dual-wielding throwing weapon.
* Maybe the SW ninjas could be able to climb walls like in the source game? Along with the DN3D Troopers gaining the abilities to swim and use their jet pack.
Last edited by Miru on Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Miru wrote:* I noticed that the Raise spell’s projectiles will fight living monsters and usually win. Maybe have them re-animate the defeated monster if they do?
It... should already, if it's close enough to and doesn't turn away. Not all monsters can be raised however.
Miru wrote:* Reviving weapons/spells could perhaps work on dead marines for some quick allies.
I'll consider it.
Miru wrote:* Some monsters like the Phoenix, The Light, and NME seem hard enough that they should more often drop a reward when you defeat them. Perhaps a “progressive randomization” system could work to make sure these don’t spawn too early?
A progression system would be suitable if the mod were smaller. I don't know who you're referring to by "the light". But yes, I do agreee they could be a bit more rewarding all around.
Miru wrote:* Maybe have a pickup ratio menu similar to the one for weapons?
I'm not sure what you're referring to.
Miru wrote:* Maybe work out a system to detect bodies of (swimmable) water in levels, and from there spawn aquatic enemies? (Hexen Stalker, Shadow Warrior eels, etc?). A similar system might work for stationary enemies like the plant from Blood (use them to replace clusters of barrels?)
No can do, due to technical limitations.
Miru wrote:* I think the sticky mines could be dual-wielded.
I'll consider it.
Miru

Post by Miru »

Major Cooke wrote: It... should already, if it's close enough to and doesn't turn away. Not all monsters can be raised however.
I know. Perhaps make the Bonestaff more potent at raising enemies than the Raise spell to make up for the scarcity of ammo?
A progression system would be suitable if the mod were smaller. I don't know who you're referring to by "the light". But yes, I do agreee they could be a bit more rewarding all around.
I mean that ball of light that shoots electricity, and I got the name from the obituary line from when it kills you.
I'm not sure what you're referring to.
Stuff like the ice shield, the runes, etc.
Levethian7
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Levethian7 »

V6.06 readme suggests that to turn off weapon slot limits we'd navigate to:

Main Menu->Options->Customize Controls->Weapons->Toggle Weapon limits

Where is this option in 6.66?
Thanks!
Levethian7

Post by Levethian7 »

Oh - sorry - found it at:
Aeons of Death Options > Weapon Slot Customisation > Weapon Slot Limits
longlong2002
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by longlong2002 »

use AEOD v6.06 as base to modding to make old version zdoom 2.8 and Zan3.0
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

No. This mod is made for GZDoom only.
YasuoProjectX

Post by YasuoProjectX »

Aha! My game crashed from Dice 11 - Stop... Hammer Time!

Here's my crash report:
Spoiler:
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

That's a bug that needs to be reported as a GZDoom bug itself.
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

So, this is probably been asked to death, but I haven't used this mod in ages. How to fix idkfa not working? I want a solution, please. I don't want an explanation why its better without cheats. If its a game bug or whatever, I'll just delete. Thanks.
YasuoProjectX

Post by YasuoProjectX »

Another problem with TNT Bunny:
While im using Weapon Slot Limit, i set the Slot 01 limit to 1.000, but i have Glyph and suddenly the TNT Bunny can also pick which my slot limit is 2, even will pick a different weapon in slot 01 and have TNT Bunny again will increase the slot limit but how :(

I have recommended:
Can you try to add ShuffleSphere. Cuz its too funny if you get Lucky Weapons or Items

Fixed in Dice-11:
Yeah cuz Gzdoom 4.1.1 will crash, using Gzdoom 4.2.4 with Dice 11 is fixed
UnbornDecay25

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

Unfortunately I found a small bug in the Vukan renderer. When you morph after collecitng 666 souls, you cannot see a damn thing, its stark white. I dont know how long it lasts, but I couldnt progress through the level and I'm not waiting for it to end. Sorry to report this.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Don't use Vulkan renderer and don't use the diabolical dice.

The vulkan renderer, after some point, will freeze the game due to out of memory issues. This is a bug with the backend itself. I've fixed the demon morph screen effect but you'll need the github version if you continue to use vulkan. However, again, I recommend you avoid the vulkan renderer for now until they fix the out of memory crash that occurs in the form of freezing the game solid.

The diabolical dice will need to be completely overhauled at some point. For now, don't use it.

I'll look into the weapon slot limit bug.
UnbornDecay25

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

Major Cooke wrote:Don't use Vulkan renderer and don't use the diabolical dice.

The vulkan renderer, after some point, will freeze the game due to out of memory issues. This is a bug with the backend itself. I've fixed the demon morph screen effect but you'll need the github version if you continue to use vulkan. However, again, I recommend you avoid the vulkan renderer for now until they fix the out of memory crash that occurs in the form of freezing the game solid.

The diabolical dice will need to be completely overhauled at some point. For now, don't use it.
Unfortunately, I gotta use Vulkan cause OpenGL doesnt play too nicely with AMD. I run 45-10 frames in openGl (when things get dicey) and 60 solid on Vulkan

Also I never had a problem with the Diabolical Dice, so I dunno. It spawned a Duke Nukem for me

Return to “Gameplay Mods”