WW-Cola3 [v2.5 bugfix release, 5/31/2019]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
AvzinElkein

Re: WW-Cola3 [now on itch.io!]

Post by AvzinElkein »

I'm pleasantly surprised this is Heretic-and-Hexen-compatible! :D
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

if i use custom skins there will be marine face in front of crosshair
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Gorec wrote:if i use custom skins there will be marine face in front of crosshair
That is something I'd like to get to the bottom of as well; my damage-indicator hijacks the status bar mugshot logic, and it should be using its own unique sprites, but I'll have to look into why that isn't absolute...
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Thanks to some recent updates in GZDoom that added extra troublesome startup error spam encouraged me to tidy up my coding habits a bit, as well as some feedback from ICARUSLIVES and a few things I'd declared "missed opportunities," Cola 3 is nearing time for an update. So please let me know if there is any outstanding problem with the mod - I may be tweaking some numbers here and there for purposes of balance, in particular I'm hearing about the shotgun being a bit underpowered, among other things.

I'm also aware that there is a rare game-crash bug that occurs when the player has been killed, but not all the time. I'm having difficulty reproducing it, let alone tracking down any potential cause, so if there's someone out there that can figure this out for me, I will be extremely appreciative of the help.

Once all that's ironed out, I'll be pushing a v1.1 update, and putting the mod on the /idgames archive to be preserved for the foreseeable future.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

wildweasel wrote:Thanks to some recent updates in GZDoom that added extra troublesome startup error spam encouraged me to tidy up my coding habits a bit, as well as some feedback from ICARUSLIVES and a few things I'd declared "missed opportunities," Cola 3 is nearing time for an update. So please let me know if there is any outstanding problem with the mod - I may be tweaking some numbers here and there for purposes of balance, in particular I'm hearing about the shotgun being a bit underpowered, among other things.

I'm also aware that there is a rare game-crash bug that occurs when the player has been killed, but not all the time. I'm having difficulty reproducing it, let alone tracking down any potential cause, so if there's someone out there that can figure this out for me, I will be extremely appreciative of the help.

Once all that's ironed out, I'll be pushing a v1.1 update, and putting the mod on the /idgames archive to be preserved for the foreseeable future.
So far so good. By the way: was the deck meant to be the equivalent of the Nemesis?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Yes, it indeed was, though I saw fit to add an extra little incentive to level it up on purpose.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

wildweasel wrote:Yes, it indeed was, though I saw fit to add an extra little incentive to level it up on purpose.
I assume you mean its altfire.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

Yep, probably the alt-fire. I'd only really save that alt-fire for those super-crowded levels; otherwise, I like the level 0 version of the cards best. (Second being the pistol for early-game, as well as those "episodes" of megawads where you die from what I'd like to call the "Scythe Episode End" trick.) I agree with the shotgun being rather difficult to use, though the Sidewinder is actually really good at max level.

On another note, I like the toothpaste laser being quite useful for those slaughtermaps against the particularly deadly enemies. The damage reduction powerup's neat too. My only other gripe would likely be Colorful Hell's monsters usually being difficult, meaning the more dangerous ones (Purple pinkies, for starters) can still quickly down you; but Colorful Hell makes up for that by the porta soda bottles allowing me to heal up more often.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

...I admit I'm getting quite impatient! >_<
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

AvzinElkein wrote:...I admit I'm getting quite impatient! >_<
You're gonna have to wait. What I'm primarily waiting on is any more bug reports, or any potential solutions to the damn death crash. I'm not going to push a 1.1 that contains one fix for an error that doesn't even affect the game.
DoomFan25

Post by DoomFan25 »

Hey wildweasel! this is a great mod! very funny and original! how about a beer themed mod?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

DoomFan25 wrote:Hey wildweasel! this is a great mod! very funny and original! how about a beer themed mod?
I'm gonna be honest, what you'd get out of that wouldn't be any more than you'd get by playing The Last Eicchof. :D
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Funnily enough, i expect this game to be a doom mod that you're a beer bottle and shoot down the XXXX and budweiser stuff.
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

I have a suggestion; could the armor powerup also halve the barrier loss upon taking damage?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Tesculpture wrote:I have a suggestion; could the armor powerup also halve the barrier loss upon taking damage?
The armor power is already part of the barriers so I don't see the point in adding that to it.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”