WW-Cola3 [v2.5 bugfix release, 5/31/2019]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Chill_frostman

Re: WW-Cola3 [now on itch.io!]

Post by Chill_frostman »

wildweasel wrote:Try pressing the = key to increase the screen size.
Well, i had an inklin it was that simple. Just goes to show how little i still know. Thank you for the help dear creator <3
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I might as well give this a hearty Bump as I've almost completed most of the To-Do List. There is no new build YET, but there are enough new fixes and additions that I don't feel quite as bad about having to put one out eventually.

The changes, from memory:
- Rather than adding "proper" damage indication (never quite figured it out), I instead added a user option to disable the built-in one, for those who'd rather use a purpose-built add-on for it.
- Mister Cola now has a voice! Well, six of them, really. Choose from Male, Female, VERY Male, Gender-Neutral, WTF, and by popular demand, PEPSIMAAAN!
- Shotgun's upgrade path is now much more noticeable, as it comes with boosts to the number of pellets fired as well as the previous reload and fire speed increases.
- The "Showdown" altfire for the deck of cards now comes with an announcer (kindly provided by Marty Kirra).
- The Blastola Cola now has significantly more Blast to it (thanks to code provided by Yholl).
- The automap now displays icons and level indicators for every weapon you are currently carrying.
- There is now a fallback for equipped weapons that do not have defined ammo types, so the game no longer has a VM abort if such a weapon is equipped.
- The mod now works correctly with HacX 1.2 (2.0 alpha is untested). It is exceedingly difficult, however, because HacX expects the player to have weapons far more powerful (and health maximums much higher) than the mod provides. Hmm....
- Some considerations have been made towards a handful of third-party add-ons, released and otherwise. Most notably among them, weapons now have defined Inventory.Icon properties.
- The Smallfont has been replaced with one of my own design, replacing the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 font previously in use.
- Shell casing effects were added to the pistol and shotguns.
- The descriptive text in Cola Options was reworded to take up less room.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

I. can't. wait!
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

AvzinElkein wrote:I. can't. wait!
You're going to have to.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Since I haven't found any major game-killing issues with the new changes since yesterday, and nobody's reported anything, I feel like I can release this now. I expect someone to report a game-killing issue almost immediately. =P

Get it off the itch.io page. I've been doing my testing on GZDoom 3.4.1, so please assume that this is the required version if there are any problems making it work on older releases.
AvzinElkein

Re: WW-Cola3 [v2 now live! 6-16]

Post by AvzinElkein »

I think I had an idea for the Emerald Key in Hexen: "Green like a can of Mountain Dew!"
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

AvzinElkein wrote:I think I had an idea for the Emerald Key in Hexen: "Green like a can of Mountain Dew!"
There's already a reference on that message that I think you've missed. Believe me, I know exactly what I'm doing.
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

Hmm, an anomaly I'm noticing with the shotgun kickback, it seems to be covering a strangely large volume, like if I shoot at these guys the guys down here will occasionally take knockback, even though they don't feel that close. Nothing major, but it seems a bit odd.

Beyond that, all the altfires are new from the last time I've played Cola3, I'm enjoying them as they make you feel less bad for wasting exp on your favorite weapons all the time. Beyond that nothing too major to say at the moment. I'll run some more maps with it.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

InsanityBringer wrote:Hmm, an anomaly I'm noticing with the shotgun kickback, it seems to be covering a strangely large volume, like if I shoot at these guys the guys down here will occasionally take knockback, even though they don't feel that close. Nothing major, but it seems a bit odd.
Since I'm pretty much just using the existing Hexen A_Blast logic for the shotgun knockback, I'm unsure if there's a way I can remedy the problem, short of redefining A_Blast from scratch (which is a bit beyond my ability).
RustyController

Post by RustyController »

question: why isint the cola called "caco cola"? thats all
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

wildweasel wrote:Since I'm pretty much just using the existing Hexen A_Blast logic for the shotgun knockback, I'm unsure if there's a way I can remedy the problem, short of redefining A_Blast from scratch (which is a bit beyond my ability).
Hmm, weird, I didn't remember them doing that. I also need to double check if revenant rockets are being redirected right, it seemed a little weird when I was playing earlier.

One small request from my playing: Would it be possible to stick the ammo in the clip in the listing of guns shown when you bring up the automap? It seems like such a weird request, but especially with the missile launcher, I found that it would be handy to have some sort of at-a-glance ammo listing for making decisions while in combat, like with Doom's normal stat bar. In a few cases I found myself wanting to know quickly how many missiles I had before trying to switch. Though maybe I'm just worrying too much since switching is fast...
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

InsanityBringer wrote:One small request from my playing: Would it be possible to stick the ammo in the clip in the listing of guns shown when you bring up the automap? It seems like such a weird request, but especially with the missile launcher, I found that it would be handy to have some sort of at-a-glance ammo listing for making decisions while in combat, like with Doom's normal stat bar. In a few cases I found myself wanting to know quickly how many missiles I had before trying to switch. Though maybe I'm just worrying too much since switching is fast...
I could do this for the weapons for which ammo matters, sure. (There's not a lot of point doing it for the Autorifle, the Cards, or the Toothpaste Laser.)
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

It seems the game may or may not work right in 3.7.2:

Edit: It is still playable, but I just wanted to make sure...
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Guess that's another entry added to the dust-covered to-do (eventually-when-i'm-not-burned-out) list.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

What the hell.

I swear I didn't put anybody up to this. Just a happy coincidence. :mrgreen:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”