Tilt++ - Unified Camera Tilt Mod v1.65 - small bug fix!

Post your example zscripts/ACS scripts/etc here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Tilt++ - Unified Camera Tilt Mod [UPDATED]

Post by Hexereticdoom »

XASSASSINX wrote:
What version

Version 3.0.1;
which download link
https://gzdoom.drdteam.org/page.php?page=download
and in what way is it not working
Well, All options and configs (Including the menu) Are fine, But the mod simply don't work, It's just like i'm playing vanilla doom. I don't see any camera tilting.
Perhaps you might be loading a not compatible addon with Tilt++... Have you tried if just loading it without any autoload files gets to work? :?:

If GZDoom 3.0.1 still doesn't work with the mod, try luck with the most development build: https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/
Nash

Post by Nash »

Open up Tilt++'s MAPINFO and change "EventHandlers" to "AddEventHandlers". This was fixed long ago in my local copy but I just don't have free time right now to polish my releases

Also, tilting only works in OpenGL. It does not work for the software renderer.
XASSASSINX

Post by XASSASSINX »

Also, tilting only works in OpenGL. It does not work for the software renderer.
Too bad for me. My computer can't run OpenGL.
XASSASSINX

Post by XASSASSINX »

Hey, I forgot to say one thing: My GZDoom support OpenGL, But at the same time, It doens't. It's a really weird story, But here it go: Some days ago, I accidentaly activated OpenGL to gzdoom and had that problem: "R_opengl driver not accelerated", i had this a few years ago, And i tried to use the same fix: Went to the config file and changed vid_renderer to 0: But it was already at 0, and nothing was working, (I even made a post about it) and i had a crazy idea: I have zandorum too, so i replaced Gzdoom config file, with the zandorum one, And it worked! It worked even better! Some mods that used custom lights (Such as Lasting light or custom flashlights such as the doom ultimate visor) work now! but your mod still ins't working. Don't know why. Maybe all of this that i just wrote MAY help me about why your mod ins't working on my computer.
Nash

Re: Tilt++ - Unified Camera Tilt Mod v1.2

Post by Nash »

Mod finally updated to version 1.1 version 1.2. See here for full list of fixes -> viewtopic.php?p=981192#p981192

EDIT: Sorry, found a critical bug. Removed download and fixing now.

EDIT 2: There was some faulty code which would cause the tilting to simply not work. I have quickly fixed it. To the 1 person who downloaded it, please re-download and replace the file.

EDIT 3: Dammit! Fixed it for REAL. I consider it a major fix so I'm bumping up the version to 1.2. I swear it's fixed for real now!
Nash

Re: Tilt++ - Unified Camera Tilt Mod v1.2

Post by Nash »

I plan to remove Movement Tilting because not only do I feel it's kind of a pointless feature, I also get the impression it's the one that gives headaches the most. Please respond in Poll, thanks!
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Tilt++ - Unified Camera Tilt Mod v1.2 - New Poll

Post by Caligari87 »

I'd like to see it remain, even if disabled by default. No reason to remove potentially useful/wanted functionality when it can simply be kept off by those who don't want it.

8-)
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Caligari87 wrote:I'd like to see it remain, even if disabled by default. No reason to remove potentially useful/wanted functionality when it can simply be kept off by those who don't want it.
+1.

I also think removing the movement feature in the so-named Tilt++ mod is a big error, and that would make it pointless. :sadno:

So please my friend Nash, DO NOT eliminate it! Just make it disabled by default if necessary. Furthermore, people who value this mod also should be smart enough to toggle the options to make the tilt factor lighter and not becoming too dizzy that way...
kadu522
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by kadu522 »

I agree also. I like both tilts. And i think i have acentuated the strafe tilt also. Plus you already gave the options to turn it off or Just make it less noticiable.

The more the better i say. You can have it off by defalt If need be.
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

I don't care for movement tilting, myself, but I know how to turn a switch off.
Ayylien

Post by Ayylien »

Forgive me for rehashing, but removing the movement tilting outright seems too hasty, as you can just turn it off in the settings, not to mention I do like how it looks.
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Note: to anyone still experiencing jerkiness in their mouse movement while using this mod, enabling mouse smoothing in the options menu will fix it.
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

Gifty wrote:Note: to anyone still experiencing jerkiness in their mouse movement while using this mod, enabling mouse smoothing in the options menu will fix it.
In this case, the mouse control becomes more inert and less accurate.
Nash

Re: Tilt++ - Unified Camera Tilt Mod v1.3 - major code rewri

Post by Nash »

Tilt++ v1.3 has been released. Go go go go!

I highly recommend you reset all Tilt++ settings, as the new code might not work well with the old settings.
Nash

Re: Tilt++ - Unified Camera Tilt Mod v1.3 - major code rewri

Post by Nash »

Small but important update was uploaded. Tilt++ is now at v1.5. Front page as usual!

Return to “Script Library”