[RELEASED]Wolfenstein Infinity

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: [RELEASED]Wolfenstein Infinity

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I like it. Could work like a bombenschuss scope (wolfenstein the old blood).
Edward Marlus

Post by Edward Marlus »

GAA1992 wrote:I like it. Could work like a bombenschuss scope (wolfenstein the old blood).
http://imgur.com/aCcz8lw

Decided to go with it on the side still since every videogame does that, but I brought the scope closer to the middle.

Also hey GAA! Heads up btw, I'm probably gonna use that STG44 sprite in your resource thread as a reference for the new STG i'm gonna make!
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Would it be better for the G43 to just not even have a scope, and then be a solid mid-range semi-auto weapon, or did you have something else you intended for that role, like the M1 Garand?
Edward Marlus

Post by Edward Marlus »

-Ghost- wrote:Would it be better for the G43 to just not even have a scope, and then be a solid mid-range semi-auto weapon, or did you have something else you intended for that role, like the M1 Garand?
Well truth be told... They're both battle rifles, so they were kind of predominantly going to focus around mid-range anyways.
Edward Marlus

Post by Edward Marlus »

-Ghost- wrote:Would it be better for the G43 to just not even have a scope, and then be a solid mid-range semi-auto weapon, or did you have something else you intended for that role, like the M1 Garand?
Geez, I never answered that properly didn't I? ... I meant to say that both the Gewehr 43 and the M1 Garand were both going to be "solid mid-range semi-auto" weapons but that the G43 would keep the scope while the Garand would get some Iron Sights.

Anyways, ladies and gentlemen, at the risk of necrobumping and double-posting,

I am happy to announce that the mod has been updated! The grenade code has been rehauled so you have to bind your reload button in order to throw grenades, but you can now access those grenades from any weapon at any time! Additionally, a bunch of cosmetic and sound-based changes were made as part of a polishing phase which will continue until the mod is tidy enough to accept new content! (I should mention that I forgot to fix the dog sounds though... I'll hotfix that in the morning)

Cheers!
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

That main download link is giving me a 404. Do we download 1.0 or 1.0B from the alternate downloads to get the latest one?
Gardevoir

Post by Gardevoir »

Well, excuse us. Marlus accidentally rushed the update a little bit and didn't mean to release it yet. We're still patching few things and replacing sprites. An update should appear soon, possibly tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: Oh and apparently TSPG changed all links to wads. Here's the old version of the mod: http://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronum ... -v1.00.pk3
Edward Marlus

Post by Edward Marlus »

-Ghost- wrote:That main download link is giving me a 404. Do we download 1.0 or 1.0B from the alternate downloads to get the latest one?
Gardevoir wrote:Well, excuse us. Marlus accidentally rushed the update a little bit and didn't mean to release it yet. We're still patching few things and replacing sprites. An update should appear soon, possibly tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: Oh and apparently TSPG changed all links to wads. Here's the old version of the mod: http://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronum ... -v1.00.pk3
First off I wanna apologize! The versions were badly denoted from each other and to complicate matters the main download links for the new versions were listed in the alternate download links section. The dropbox links will be the main downlinks from now on, though older versions will be archived. Due to issues with TSPG we are discontinuing uploading over there for the time being. Sorry for the confusion, Ghost... (I sure as hell know better than to upload something at 2-3AM and then just go to sleep now...)

And as for me rushing the update, I personally felt like we had something we could release to the public and after sitting on it for a while I decided to release it for the public to test and at least give some feedback on while we make the final adjustments... That grenade throwing was a major oversight though, but otherwise spritework for ammo aside this is pretty much 1.10/1.1.0

Anyways, I got too anxious and insecure about the whole thing since we almost went the entire summer without updates. I'm going back to university in a few weeks and didn't want to risk not releasing anything. I'll admit that this could have been handled a bit better at the very least, and I would like to apologize to everyone.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

As long as nothing major is broken I don't think it's necessarilly bad to release versions early. Since as you said it gives people a chance to test things, and they might find bugs you haven't yet that can be fixed earlier as a result.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

One thing i don't like about this is the lost episodes dog maybe change the colors to something more realistic.
Edward Marlus

Post by Edward Marlus »

armymen12002003 wrote:One thing i don't like about this is the lost episodes dog maybe change the colors to something more realistic.
The idea with this mod was to include a slice of everything. Those lovely shades of Lost Episodes Blue aren't just reinforced by the dogs but by most of the enemies too, though if I have to be honest I suspect that these Lost Episodes didn't have enough colors left for realistic shades of black...

TL;DR? The blue dogs are staying but I'm down for dark-colored Dobermans... In fact, I had schemed for each dog to come in Brown, Wolf Gray/Black and Lost Episodes Blue at some point. It should come soon enough.

By the way Armyman, you wanted the Nazi dialogue changed. It's been changed with this update, go ahead and give it a shot then tell me what you think.
-Ghost- wrote:As long as nothing major is broken I don't think it's necessarilly bad to release versions early. Since as you said it gives people a chance to test things, and they might find bugs you haven't yet that can be fixed earlier as a result.
I think grenades were busted in that the throwing animation was busted. That's since been taken care and if it's not in the new version it will come in one more hotfix.
armymen12002003

okie dokie i'll look into it.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

I recognized The Axe but the yellow and grey masked Ubersoldaten are new. What are their names?
armymen12002003

could you make this compatible with heretic?
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Actually, now that I think about it, I wonder how this mod will make/break the Laz Rojas wolfendoom levels?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”