[RELEASED]Wolfenstein Infinity

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
durbdoogle

Re: [RELEASED]Wolfenstein Infinity

Post by durbdoogle »

Doomenator wrote:Some video:
Spoiler:
Hey neat. Where did you get that mapset? Is it the one that was converted by Nightfright here:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=48518&hilit=wolfendoom+nightfright

Just wondering if this mod plays nice with it because I remember using Wildweasel's "Nazis!" mod with them and there was a little glitchyness to them because of how they were converted. Still a good time though. I like the Wolf maps but sometimes you just want to spice 'em up a little :)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Nice and reasonable answers and such, gradevoir! But...
Gardevoir wrote:Gretel sounds like a man because it's just Hans with makeup ;p
I guess this means ends now to talk about gretel's real gender, eh?(jk)
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

durbdoogle wrote:Hey neat. Where did you get that mapset? Is it the one that was converted by Nightfright here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=48518&hilit=wolfendoom+nightfright
Yep.
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

I remember playing this mod (and possibly frequently talking to you) when it was still in it's very early testing stages on Zan back in 2016/2015 or so. Kind of nice to see it get it's own thread, As in all honesty: It's really rad.

I'll give this new version a shot soon, Although one thing that used to bug me in the older versions I played on back then was not all the gun's muzzle flashes lit up making it kind of inconsistent.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Right now, they all does lit up when fired. A bit, and at the short time.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Sorry for the double bump, but the download link at first page doesn't work!
Edward Marlus

Post by Edward Marlus »

Ladies and gentlemen, we have just updated! The link for the new version will be included in the main post, and as for the changelog we have a public version on display here;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1fwpl8m261ho0 ... g.txt?dl=0

This link will also be on display in the main post as well. Notable changes include three new CVars, two of which control the type of infantry that spawn on the map, as well as the inclusion of Trans Grosse as a boss! Stay tuned for more updates! And as for everyone whose feedback I have yet to attend to, let's just say I have had a few crazy weeks at home! I will be with everyone shortly to address the latest round of feedback though!

SoundOfDarkness, one of those CVars in the newly released changelog controls the behaviour of the Bazooka, if that's your thing! As for the german speech, I've had that complaint before but I haven't taken the time to look at our options in resolving the issue! I'll look into it with Garde on the weekend! As for the sound clips you're too kind!

Captain, first off it's a pleasure having you here with us! I'm happy you took the time to give us some feedback! I'll try to narrow down the list as much as I can over time... Though for Gretel I think those voice clips might have been her original Wolf3D voice clips... She didn't seem to have good ones...

Doomenator, I don't think you actually said anything but nevertheless, I felt that I had to reach out to you! The first time I saw the mod in play on the Wolf levels I honestly had a knot in my chest! That was some great gameplay footage overall!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Edward Marlus wrote:Captain, first off it's a pleasure having you here with us! I'm happy you took the time to give us some feedback! I'll try to narrow down the list as much as I can over time... Though for Gretel I think those voice clips might have been her original Wolf3D voice clips... She didn't seem to have good ones...
It's a pleasure to me as well. This mod is beyond interesting and i'd like to support! And it's fine not to change her voice, all i want is her pain sound effect.

If you have some audio program such as audacity, you could edit her voice to make the pain sound.
Edward Marlus

Post by Edward Marlus »

Captain J wrote:
Edward Marlus wrote:Captain, first off it's a pleasure having you here with us! I'm happy you took the time to give us some feedback! I'll try to narrow down the list as much as I can over time... Though for Gretel I think those voice clips might have been her original Wolf3D voice clips... She didn't seem to have good ones...
It's a pleasure to me as well. This mod is beyond interesting and i'd like to support! And it's fine not to change her voice, all i want is her pain sound effect.

If you have some audio program such as audacity, you could edit her voice to make the pain sound.
I wonder if I can make the painsound high-pitched! probably not...
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

Good job with the v 1.00 update currently playing it with scythe 2 but could you quite possibly put a hotkey for the potato masher. instead of scrolling the weapons just to find it.
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

This feels like Metadoom, but Wolfenstein. Great work!!
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Yeah, this is a surprisingly fun mod. The best WW2 mods have that Wolfenstein angle with weird weapon tech and enemies. I agree with what's been said about the voice lines though, they really don't sound very high quality and sound bad when there's a big group of enemies. Honestly I'd say just go the route Nazis! did and use Medal of Honor/early CoD games for dialogue, since they sound a lot better.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

V 1.00 update? Is he updated the mod unnoticed?
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

this is solid! except one... kinda unnerving thing. You think you could change the dog death noise? its a bit.. too realistic, kinda unsettling <:X
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Probably the easiest solution; replace them into evil or lazy sounding yelping. Or maybe cut and separate the existing sound.

Why yes, it sounds kinda unnerving because i know the word all dogs go to heaven. :P

Return to “Gameplay Mods”