[WIP] The Trooper - 0.3.4 [INFINITE HIATUS]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.13b [EXCESSIVE POWER]

Post by Wivicer »

The key assigned to weapon state 2 in the controls menu
Evil Operative
Location: Inside a land where Walls and Decors are covered in Blood and Guts. (Brutal)

Post by Evil Operative »

Wivicer wrote:The key assigned to weapon state 2 in the controls menu
Ah, that did the job. Thanks! Though its quite confusing since more than half of the weapon state keys aren't named according to the function they perform, and 3 or 4 of the extra userkeys don't even have a function bound to them.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Evil Operative wrote:How do you use the Demon's Blood sword? I have seen graphics for it in the pk3 but I cannot get the weapon for some reason, even after picking it multiple times. I saw that it gave Berserk as an additional powerup. But it does not affect the knife either.
Try hitting Weapon State 3, I think.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

badcaradvice wrote:Noticed an issue when changing the firing mode of the VSK9. First press will switch it to burst fire, but pressing user 6 (I think that's the one that changes firing mode) will then just have it set the secondary ammo type to explosive shells each time. Haven't found a way to get back to full auto yet.
You sure you didn't hit User 5 by mistake (as far as I can tell, there's no reason why User 6 would get stuck in the User 5 states) As it turns out, there's a line that jumps to the User 5 state:

Code: Select all

User6:
		TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIfInventory("VSK9ADS",1,"User6ADS")
		TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIfInventory("VSK9BurstFire",1,"User5Alt")//------------Should say "User6Alt", which takes it to the Full Auto Mode select state.
		TNT1 A 0 A_GiveInventory("VSK9BurstFire", 1)
		TNT1 A 0 A_Print ("- BURST-FIRE -")
		VS9G A 5 A_PlaySoundEx("Weapons/VSK7Nightshade/Pickup", 5)
		Goto ReadyNoUser3
I'm uploading a fix now - also note some changes to the melee, what with the Punches and all...note that a couple of animations may not be polished yet.
Evil Operative wrote:I saw that it gave Berserk as an additional powerup. But it does not affect the knife either.
Berserk affects basic melee as well (knife melee damage is 57; berserk, it's 173; in fact, Berserk and Quad Damage stack on melee, basically allowing something around 12x melee damage).
Evil Operative wrote:
Wivicer wrote:The key assigned to weapon state 2 in the controls menu
Ah, that did the job. Thanks! Though its quite confusing since more than half of the weapon state keys aren't named according to the function they perform, and 3 or 4 of the extra userkeys don't even have a function bound to them.
It's because I'm sort of the middle of standardizing it right now - while most ROF setting are bound to the same keys, not all weapons will use extra user keys (the most one weapon uses is six - 3 and 4 for weapon slot switching, 5 for ROF, 6 for GL ROF, 7 for fire selector, and 8 for upgraded round selection, as well as an alternate reload, whereas a weapon like the Luxor only uses two).

EDIT: Melee animations tweaked somewhat; punches are now considerably faster (the latter two punches and the knife strike now deal more damage as well, from 57 to 86 and 120, respectively). Monsters can also now move with relative inpunity - expect crazy nonsense.
SergeantDiggs

Post by SergeantDiggs »

Is it just me, or is there not a lot of ammo pickups/drops. In Knee Deep in the Dead, I killed 15-25 enemies three times, and saw only one drop. I have never seen such a thing before.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

SergeantDiggs wrote:Is it just me, or is there not a lot of ammo pickups/drops. In Knee Deep in the Dead, I killed 15-25 enemies three times, and saw only one drop. I have never seen such a thing before.
I accidentally set the default value for health spawns to "Enemies" instead of "Ammo" - fixed. Also, while ammo drops are somewhat scarce, they shouldn't be that scarce - I'll see what I can do about it.
Firebat

Post by Firebat »

I really like this mod. Downloaded the version to the last one a few days ago and was playing it with the Ultimate Doom II maps and had a lot of fun. When the new version came out I immediately started playing the map from level one again, which was even better, but at one point the game becomes unplayable since I had already upgraded all the weapons I had to the top and the map becoming progressively full of experience drops (my PC is very old to be fair). Is there something that can be done about this, like having them disappear after a while if they don't get picked, or tweaking them to make them less resource consuming?
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Firebat wrote:I really like this mod. Downloaded the version to the last one a few days ago and was playing it with the Ultimate Doom II maps and had a lot of fun. When the new version came out I immediately started playing the map from level one again, which was even better, but at one point the game becomes unplayable since I had already upgraded all the weapons I had to the top and the map becoming progressively full of experience drops (my PC is very old to be fair). Is there something that can be done about this, like having them disappear after a while if they don't get picked, or tweaking them to make them less resource consuming?
Isn't experience the counter next to the spare ammo counter?
Ts879

Post by Ts879 »

You should really update the weapon listing on the first page. Not the one that lists all the upgrades, but the one that's only describes the different weapons.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Firebat wrote:I really like this mod. Downloaded the version to the last one a few days ago and was playing it with the Ultimate Doom II maps and had a lot of fun. When the new version came out I immediately started playing the map from level one again, which was even better, but at one point the game becomes unplayable since I had already upgraded all the weapons I had to the top and the map becoming progressively full of experience drops (my PC is very old to be fair). Is there something that can be done about this, like having them disappear after a while if they don't get picked, or tweaking them to make them less resource consuming?
Are the drops visible? I know that a few days ago I made XP awarded to the player directly upon enemy death as opposed to visible drops because they were slowing the game down too much - try downloading it again and see if this improves.
Gideon020 wrote:
Isn't experience the counter next to the spare ammo counter?
The counter in the center of the weapons bar, yes.
Ts879 wrote:You should really update the weapon listing on the first page. Not the one that lists all the upgrades, but the one that's only describes the different weapons.
I should - lately I haven't had much computer access owing to power being out at the moment, but the first page does need to be reorganized and updated, as it's kind of a mess right now.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

So, a couple of changes:

*Rare enemy spawns drastically reduced - it frequently made the game unplayable.
*Melee kills have a chance to drop a Blood Focus or a Might Focus, which grants your basic melee attacks lifesteal until the end of the level. The harder an enemy is to kill this way, the more likely it will drop (strong enough monsters have a 1-in-4 chance - bosses are guaranteed to drop it).
*Red USCM rate of fire halved - I mistakenly gave him a ROF of 2100, not 1050.
*Fixed bug where you could use the sword melee while holding the Aries Sharpshooter Prosthetic even if you didn't have the Demon's Blood Sword.
*ASP's Thunderbolt mode now consumes ammo more quickly (roughly by a factor of 4.5).
*The ASP now has a heat level mechanic - the more overheated it is, the more damage you take when you fire it.
*Firefly (explosions upon headshot - Surfeit Torment and Nishimura Seven) and Outlaw (fast reload upon headshot - Surfeit Torment) now trigger upon headshot kill as opposed to any headshot, lethal or not, making the perks accurate to their Destiny counterparts.
*Enemy spawn rate CVAR reimplemented (also, fixed the Mancubus problem).
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.13b [FISTICUFFS]

Post by TheRailgunner »

Eh, this is enough for a new post, right?

*You now have a Kick, which has greater range and damage (and takes longer) than punch melee attacks; quickly pressing Weapon State 1 triggers the kick, while holding it down leads to a series of punches instead. The kick does double damage in the air.
*There is now a very rudimentary Combo system; for example, while simply holding down WS1 triggers fist melee, pressing and releasing WS1, followed by holding it down during the kick animation, causes you to follow up the kick with punches.
*Blue armor is now replaced with Shield Upgrades, which permanently increase your shield/armor total by anywhere from 30 to 150 points, depending on which ones you find. Note that shield upgrades are additive; a common and an uncommon upgrade (which give 30 and 60, respectively) equate to a rare upgrade (gives 90).
*Added an Extra Jump CVAR which will afford you greater mobility throughout your adventures, should you so choose.
*The Demon Blood Sword is now subject to the effects of the Might Focus, allowing it to replenish both your shields and health upon strike.
*Monsters now have proper tags, mostly for compatibility with Target Spy. Also considering hosting a The Trooper-version of Target Spy (main difference is extra tag CVARS to allow distinguishing between various rarities of enemy).
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

Last version: it seems you forgot to comment out some "print(s:"Airborne");" and "print(s:"On the ground");" :)

Edit: Ultra_Boots.txt lines 149 & 154
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Mere_Duke wrote:Last version: it seems you forgot to comment out some "print(s:"Airborne");" and "print(s:"On the ground");" :)

Fixed. Also, forgot to mention that Shield Upgrades increase the speed at which shields begin to regenerate.
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

TheRailgunner wrote:
Mere_Duke wrote:Last version: it seems you forgot to comment out some "print(s:"Airborne");" and "print(s:"On the ground");" :)

Fixed. Also, forgot to mention that Shield Upgrades increase the speed at which shields begin to regenerate.
Thanks!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”