[WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.13c [TURBO]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.10 [MINIGUNS & MINIBOSSES]

Postby TheRailgunner » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:22 pm

Spoiler:


So, minibosses are going to be a thing. Also:

Spoiler:


Machiavellian Disciple is almost complete - just needs ADS. Note the absolute fuckton of damage it deals - with 75 base damage per shot, 112 damage for headshots on elite enemies, and 187 for normal headshots, at a rate of fire of 2100 RPM, this comes out to 2625 DPS on body shots alone, up to 3920 DPS vs elite enemies with headshots, and up to 6545 DPS vs common enemies with headshots. Right now, magazines hold 500 rounds, and the player can carry up to 9 (with a backpack) plus 500 loaded into the gun itself, so per mag, that's 37500/56000/93500 damage, which comes out to about 375k/560k/935k at full ammo. With Quad Damage, each number in that last set becomes larger than 1 million.

By contrast, the Crimson Spectre's projectiles combined deal 7300 damage - with 36 cells, that comes out to 262800 damage. The only real advantage that CS has over the MD is that its damage is explosive, and can therefore deal that damage to many more enemies at the same time, whereas while the MD deals far more damage, it only technically deals damage to one enemy at a time - that said, about fully half of the Spectre's damage is in the form of sporadic aftermath explosions, which may not damage all or even ANY of the targets it spawns near.
In light of this, I'm likely going to move the Disciple to Slot 0 (BFGs) because of just how strong it is. Boss monsters will also have much more health and/or be much more resistant to your weapons. Minibosses will have health totals similar to classic Doom bosses with the next update.

Also, I'm adding upgrades for the basic weapon set - the first will be the Firefly upgrade for the Surfeit Torment, which causes headshot kills with this weapon to spawn explosions both at the target and at any enemies that are close enough - this chain-reaction is amplified when more enemies are close together, capable of clearing out rooms of lower-tier enemies with a few shots or less (or, with enough enemies in close enough quarters, killing greater demons like Barons and such). Unlike the ST's normal explosive projectile, these explosions can't damage the player, so using "safe ammo" (non-explosive) with the Firefly upgrade (which causes all ammo the ST fires to cause explosions upon headshot) remains safe at close range. The name comes from a weapon perk from Bungie's Destiny of the same name, which more or less has the same effect ("Precision kills with this weapon cause the target to explode."), useful for killing swarms of weak enemies.
User avatar
TheRailgunner
Sunglasses Security Guy knows when you're necrobumping.
 
Joined: 08 Jul 2013

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.11 [TEST VERSION]

Postby TheRailgunner » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:25 pm

So, while I'm catching up to my brothers in Destiny 2, I thought I'd upload the dev build of The Trooper v0.2.4.11. Note things might be unbalanced (more so than usual) and there may be an enemy who has noticeably smoother animations than the rest of them. If you're wanting to use the Machiavellian Disciple, you're gonna want this file too.

Let me know what needs changing or balancing, if you are so inclined.
User avatar
TheRailgunner
Sunglasses Security Guy knows when you're necrobumping.
 
Joined: 08 Jul 2013

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.10 [ARSENALS & ADVERSARIES]

Postby LossForWords » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:39 pm

the url of the extra weapons pack is messed up
User avatar
LossForWords
your friendly neighborhood друг.
 
Joined: 13 Jan 2017

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.10 [ARSENALS & ADVERSARIES]

Postby Blue Shadow » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:05 am

It's fixed now.
User avatar
Blue Shadow
 
 
 
Joined: 14 Nov 2010

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.10 [ARSENALS & ADVERSARIES]

Postby Nems » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:28 am

So I'm kind of confused as to how the ammo system works and I dunno if it's a bug or working as intended. Maybe someone can explain it to me. As I understand it right now, it seems to work like this: you have so many rounds in your magazine/clip depending on the weapon being used and the alternate ammo types of these weapons pull from the same magazine/clip as the standard ammo type for the weapon. If you're out of magazines/clips for a weapon, regardless if you have ammo for alternate ammo types, you can't fire your weapon at all.

Is this right or am I missing something? Also, all the reload button does for the Surfeit Torment is switch which mouse button fires which ammo type. Dunno if this is the intended behavior.

Sorry for the newb question and the bump. Just trying to make sure I'm understanding how the mod works. x:
User avatar
Nems
Wait what
 
Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Location: I don't even

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.11 [TEST VERSION]

Postby Mere_Duke » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:52 pm

TheRailgunner wrote:So, while I'm catching up to my brothers in Destiny 2, I thought I'd upload the dev build of The Trooper v0.2.4.11. Note things might be unbalanced (more so than usual) and there may be an enemy who has noticeably smoother animations than the rest of them. If you're wanting to use the Machiavellian Disciple, you're gonna want this file too.

Let me know what needs changing or balancing, if you are so inclined.

Tell me what was changed from v10?
User avatar
Mere_Duke
Code Inspector
 
Joined: 28 Aug 2016
Location: Russia

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.10 [ARSENALS & ADVERSARIES]

Postby TheRailgunner » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:59 am

Nems wrote:So I'm kind of confused as to how the ammo system works and I dunno if it's a bug or working as intended. Maybe someone can explain it to me. As I understand it right now, it seems to work like this: you have so many rounds in your magazine/clip depending on the weapon being used and the alternate ammo types of these weapons pull from the same magazine/clip as the standard ammo type for the weapon. If you're out of magazines/clips for a weapon, regardless if you have ammo for alternate ammo types, you can't fire your weapon at all.

Is this right or am I missing something? Also, all the reload button does for the Surfeit Torment is switch which mouse button fires which ammo type. Dunno if this is the intended behavior.

Sorry for the newb question and the bump. Just trying to make sure I'm understanding how the mod works. x:


Sorry it took me so long to answer - yes, alternate ammo requires standard ammo to be used. This allows for alt-ammo loading/usage to be indiscriminate; as opposed to loading, for example, four of each alternate bullets for the Surfeit Torment, you can decide what combination of ammo you wish to use at the expense of standard ammunition.

The ST's ammo-switch does in fact switch which type of bullet is explosive at what time (either the single, accurate bullet or the pistol-shells) - this is because there may be reasons for a player to, say, use the shells for their painlocking/crowd control capabilities or deal point damage to a single, distant target, and having both be explosive at the same time removes the player's ability to counterattack in close quarters without self-harm.

I have to streamline the features and their keybindings soon - I will keep everyone here posted, of course (hee hee, posted).

Mere_Duke wrote:
TheRailgunner wrote:So, while I'm catching up to my brothers in Destiny 2, I thought I'd upload the dev build of The Trooper v0.2.4.11. Note things might be unbalanced (more so than usual) and there may be an enemy who has noticeably smoother animations than the rest of them. If you're wanting to use the Machiavellian Disciple, you're gonna want this file too.

Let me know what needs changing or balancing, if you are so inclined.

Tell me what was changed from v10?


Some minor damage adjustment that I can't really recall, an upgrade for the Surfeit Torment that dramatically increases damage done to groups of enemies, and the Machiavellian Disciple, a man-portable Gatling gun that fires at a blistering 2100 rounds-per-minute. Also, a bigger, scarier Hell Noble miniboss (using Zanieon's D3/4 Hell Knight set).
User avatar
TheRailgunner
Sunglasses Security Guy knows when you're necrobumping.
 
Joined: 08 Jul 2013

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.10 [ARSENALS & ADVERSARIES]

Postby shadstarn » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:19 pm

how do i reload?
shadstarn
Banned User
 
Joined: 22 Dec 2017

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.10 [ARSENALS & ADVERSARIES]

Postby TheRailgunner » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:26 pm

shadstarn wrote:how do i reload?


Reloading is involuntary - basically, you can only reload an empty weapon. If it is empty, attempting to fire it will trigger the reload.
User avatar
TheRailgunner
Sunglasses Security Guy knows when you're necrobumping.
 
Joined: 08 Jul 2013

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.10 [ARSENALS & ADVERSARIES]

Postby Nems » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:02 pm

TheRailgunner wrote:Sorry it took me so long to answer - yes, alternate ammo requires standard ammo to be used. This allows for alt-ammo loading/usage to be indiscriminate; as opposed to loading, for example, four of each alternate bullets for the Surfeit Torment, you can decide what combination of ammo you wish to use at the expense of standard ammunition.

The ST's ammo-switch does in fact switch which type of bullet is explosive at what time (either the single, accurate bullet or the pistol-shells) - this is because there may be reasons for a player to, say, use the shells for their painlocking/crowd control capabilities or deal point damage to a single, distant target, and having both be explosive at the same time removes the player's ability to counterattack in close quarters without self-harm.

I have to streamline the features and their keybindings soon - I will keep everyone here posted, of course (hee hee, posted).


All good, my dude. Thanks for clearing things up. I plan on giving it another shot with Kriegsland enemies and TNT: Evilution now that I have a better understanding of how things work in The Trooper. :D
User avatar
Nems
Wait what
 
Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Location: I don't even

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.10 [ARSENALS & ADVERSARIES]

Postby shadstarn » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:47 pm

whati would want....

reload on command

the red gun have different colour mod and aim..

better changing of ammo type or fire type not allocated to the R button rather to other ones
shadstarn
Banned User
 
Joined: 22 Dec 2017

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.10 [ARSENALS & ADVERSARIES]

Postby D3athStalker » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:41 pm

Whenever I fire a weapon, the game aborts and this message writes in console:

"VM execution aborted: division by zero."

By the way, I'm using the latest development version of GZDoom.
User avatar
D3athStalker
*cries in DECORATE*
 
Joined: 28 Feb 2016
Location: Kebabrealm

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.10 [ARSENALS & ADVERSARIES]

Postby TheRailgunner » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:38 am

D3athStalker wrote:Whenever I fire a weapon, the game aborts and this message writes in console:

"VM execution aborted: division by zero."

By the way, I'm using the latest development version of GZDoom.


Huh - I have yet to encounter this issue.

Anyway, something I'm working on:

User avatar
TheRailgunner
Sunglasses Security Guy knows when you're necrobumping.
 
Joined: 08 Jul 2013

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.10 [ARSENALS & ADVERSARIES]

Postby Gideon020 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:51 am

They're coming out of the walls! Also, 96 rounds instead of 99?
Gideon020
Fanboy
 
Joined: 28 Sep 2015

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.10 [ARSENALS & ADVERSARIES]

Postby TheRailgunner » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:16 am

Gideon020 wrote:They're coming out of the walls! Also, 96 rounds instead of 99?


It's because I want 4 round bursts to not leave uneven amounts in the magazine - lorewise, the M41A is generally loaded to 95 to prevent jamming or feeding/cycling problems. Note that the explosions don't occur on contact, as with the Mk. 48 or the Surfeit Torment - this is because the 10x28mm's armor-penetrating explosive bullet doesn't detonate until shortly after it breaches any armor or reinforced structure. You'd think that'd mean that it just punches holes through zombiemen and blows up after getting lodged in the wall...zombiemen have armor, right?

I put together a short demonstration of all of the weapons in their current state, along with some fun enemies and such. Also, see if you can spot the weapons I've added some zooming recoil effects to:

User avatar
TheRailgunner
Sunglasses Security Guy knows when you're necrobumping.
 
Joined: 08 Jul 2013

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: coolkid2000 and 13 guests