[WIP] The Trooper - 0.3.4 [INFINITE HIATUS]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.9b [RELOAD+AMMO CHEAT FIX]

Post by TheRailgunner »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:In the new version, the N7 only puts one bullet in the mag after reloading once or twice, and continues to do so. It made me use the thing like a bolt action rifle.
Can you tell me more about when/how this happened? I haven't been able to replicate this bug during testing (it used to occur in earlier versions of the mod). What version are you using?
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

The latest version of the Trooper, though I may not be using the latest version of GZDoom. I was at Dead Simple of Doom 2.

If you can't replicate it, then it might just be my outdated engine.
doomguy214

Post by doomguy214 »

The recoil Divisor cvar in not working properly i tried in qz doom,z doom & gz doom test builds.
It has following bug:-
1.It can not be increased beyond the default values set under options
2.Once a decrease it i am unable to increase it.

I am using strafe left & right keys to increase/decrease recoil Divisor when i am experiencing the bug as above
I tried in all git builds latest.

Is the bug mine or some other one is experiencing this.

Thanks for replying in advance
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

doomguy214 wrote:The recoil Divisor cvar in not working properly i tried in qz doom,z doom & gz doom test builds.
It has following bug:-
1.It can not be increased beyond the default values set under options
2.Once a decrease it i am unable to increase it.

I am using strafe left & right keys to increase/decrease recoil Divisor when i am experiencing the bug as above
I tried in all git builds latest.

Is the bug mine or some other one is experiencing this.

Thanks for replying in advance
Tested the recoil divisor in The Trooper 0.2.4.9b with GZDoom x64-g2.4pre-576-gc4a90f3, all weapons seem to work correctly, and changes to the divisors were both noticeable and reversible - the values were both increased and decreased more than once with no problems.

From the way your post is written, it sounds like you're changing the CVAR while the game is running instead of through Options, which doesn't seem right, somehow...but I have yet to encounter any bugs with the recoil divisors.

I'm working on 0.2.4.9c, which will focus on performance issues and tidying up weird quirks (like the Phasic Knight randomly clawing at the air, for example), but I'm trying to fix a bug where weapons can still be picked up even at maximum ammo.
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.9c [MELEE TIME]

Post by TheRailgunner »

Well, I've made some changes and some fixes - most notably, melee got a series of improvements:

*Holding down User 1 or User 2 allows you to continue melee attacks instead of waiting until your weapon is drawn to melee again.
*Melee speed in general increased greatly.
*Holding User 2 allows you to repeatedly slash foes with the Demon Blood Sword.
*Fixed a bug where the Phasic Knight randomly claws at the air.
*Dramatically increased the damage/piercing potential, damage radius, rate of fire, and ammo capacity of the Aries Sharpshooter Prosthesis.
*Increased ammo for the Crimson Spectre Antimatter Cannon.
*It should no longer be possible to pick up ammo/weapons at max ammo.
*Explosive shells use less effects, reducing their performance hit.
*Fixed a bug where three-magnum-bullet pickups always give 8 bullets instead.
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.9d [Sokova 46]

Post by TheRailgunner »

I've updated the mod with some improvements to the Sokova 46:

*Sokova 46 now has Iron Sights, usable with the Zoom key.
*Sokova 46's grenade launcher now has a magazine of 3, and is semi-automatic.
*Grenades no longer bounce.
*Animation glitches with certain enemies fixed.

This also means that the AS-46's grenade launcher no longer has a cooldown, and reloads after 3 shots.

Coming soon, ADS for the VSK7 and M97 shotguns, followed by the Surfeit Torment and DGA-3's. I'm considering making the scopes on the Last Salvo usable, along with possible ADS for the Luxor and scope for the Crimson Spectre. The shotguns are going to be first, for reasons.

*New crosshairs for the Sokova 46 and VSK7 as well as improved ADS firing animation for Nishimura Seven.
*Slightly lowered sight line for all ADS frames.
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.9d [Sokova 46]

Post by TheRailgunner »

ImageImageImage

Firing frames finished, trigger guard and hand added. Just needs ADS and reload frames - the Marco Automatic Rifle System, Model "B" is almost complete, and will be the Slot 4 weapon for Extra Weapons.
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.9e [VSK7 | MARS B]

Post by TheRailgunner »

So, new update - mostly just VSK7 stuff, but Extra Weapons receives a new weapon!

*VSK7 now has Iron Sights, usable with the Zoom key.
*AS-46 and Pulsar-D hipfire accuracy has been decreased.
*Updated Extra Weapons to current version.
*GPMG drop crash fixed.
*New weapon for Extra Weapons - the Marco Automatic Rifle System, Model "B"!
Comeonoverbro

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.9f [ZOMBIES]

Post by Comeonoverbro »

The Luxor HMG is doubled from what I can see, and I am using The Trooper WAD with additional weapons WAD made by you. When I am scrolling through my weapons, firstly I am getting the Luxor HMG, then the Gehiron GPMG, and then the Luxor HMG again. The WADs are loaded in this order: Hellbound -> Hellbound MAP29FIX -> The Trooper -> The Trooper Extra Weapons
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Comeonoverbro wrote:The Luxor HMG is doubled from what I can see, and I am using The Trooper WAD with additional weapons WAD made by you. When I am scrolling through my weapons, firstly I am getting the Luxor HMG, then the Gehiron GPMG, and then the Luxor HMG again. The WADs are loaded in this order: Hellbound -> Hellbound MAP29FIX -> The Trooper -> The Trooper Extra Weapons
As it turns out, the patched version of the Luxor didn't replace the original version - I've since fixed it, if you don't mind downloading it again.
Comeonoverbro

Post by Comeonoverbro »

TheRailgunner wrote:
Comeonoverbro wrote:The Luxor HMG is doubled from what I can see, and I am using The Trooper WAD with additional weapons WAD made by you. When I am scrolling through my weapons, firstly I am getting the Luxor HMG, then the Gehiron GPMG, and then the Luxor HMG again. The WADs are loaded in this order: Hellbound -> Hellbound MAP29FIX -> The Trooper -> The Trooper Extra Weapons
As it turns out, the patched version of the Luxor didn't replace the original version - I've since fixed it, if you don't mind downloading it again.
I have no problem downloading it again, although I can't see any indication of you updating your mod in the thread? I mean, today's April 6th, and the thread was updated last time in April 5th, just FYI.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Comeonoverbro wrote:
TheRailgunner wrote:
I have no problem downloading it again, although I can't see any indication of you updating your mod in the thread? I mean, today's April 6th, and the thread was updated last time in April 5th, just FYI.
I usually forget to update the date for single bugfixes - sorry about that.

I also just updated the mod with a fix for ammo regarding being unable to pickup more ammo after obtaining a backpack.
Comeonoverbro

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.9f [ZOMBIES+AMMO FIX]

Post by Comeonoverbro »

Sweet, thanks for killing that problem so quickly!
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.9f [NEW SURFEIT TORMENT]

Post by TheRailgunner »

I've decided to spruce up the Surfeit Torment a little bit with a new set of sprites! They're barely-modified from Guncaster's Longhorn, and have a more pleasing firing animation. I still have the old sprites and a copy of the ST's Decorate using the original animations, if it's somehow preferable. ADS will probably happen soon.

Apart from that, additional fixes to the ammo system to prevent game-break jump-loops.
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.9f [NEW SURFEIT TORMENT]

Post by TheRailgunner »

So, I'm starting on the Angelsphere:

It replaces the Invulnerability Sphere, and will grant the player incredible regenerative capabilities as well as crossploding eye beams - that's correct, eye beams that create waves of cross-shaped explosions! Hopefully Angel powers are a fitting substitute for being totally immune to damage - that comes in v0.2.5.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”