[WIP] The Trooper - 0.3.4 [INFINITE HIATUS]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Doominer441

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.8c [Recoil CVAR]

Post by Doominer441 »

I've found a bug. When dual-wielding the XM27s, the left XM doesn't produce any smoke when firing bursts.
Last edited by Doominer441 on Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Doominer441 wrote:I've found a bug. When dual-wielding the XM27s, the left XM doesn't produce any smoke when firing bursts.
Fixed!

At some point, I'm gonna have to update the Zand version - it's a decent bit behind.

EDIT: Fixed an issue where picking up a BulletBag crashes the game.
Doominer441

Post by Doominer441 »

I've also found a few more bugs.

I can't pull out the Tunguska Event, no matter what I do.

I get the error "Unknown item class 792x33Mag to drop from a random spawner" on some maps.
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.8d [VSK7 Nightshade]

Post by TheRailgunner »

Doominer441 wrote:I've also found a few more bugs.

I can't pull out the Tunguska Event, no matter what I do.

I get the error "Unknown item class 792x33Mag to drop from a random spawner" on some maps.
It's because I disabled it for the time being - sorry about that. I fixed the second part as of the edit on my last post.

Anyway, I've added a reload animation to the VSK7 Nightshade - it reloads after 15 shells. This means that the only weapons left that need reloads are the M97, the DGA-3 (I have the basic sprites I need for it), and the XM27 and VSK9 from Extra Weapons.

I might add the reload for the Tunguska Event, but I honestly would rather not keep the TE in the arsenal anyway - I might put it in Extra Weapons, so I suppose I have a reason to do the reload, but it's gonna be a pain in the ass to reload both guns in-game in terms of time spent for little gain.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Now my question is, will you be implementing clips, so we know when the reload is gonna happen? Cuz otherwise it kinda breaks the flow of the game to just arbitrarily reload a gun when the hud still shows I've got hundreds of bullets to go through.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Cryomundus wrote:Now my question is, will you be implementing clips, so we know when the reload is gonna happen? Cuz otherwise it kinda breaks the flow of the game to just arbitrarily reload a gun when the hud still shows I've got hundreds of bullets to go through.
I may, though it'll require that I put more ammo counters in the HUD - at present, I only really need one extra for the Surfeit Torment, as it has three ammo types, but if I were to, say, give the AS-46's grenade launcher a magazine of 3, it would also require an extra counter just for alternate magazine counts (for all other weapons, this is irrelevant, as there's no organization to whatever rounds are loaded in the magazine - it's entirely determined by what kind of ammo you decide to shoot with).

Also, added a reload to the DGA-3 Lost Guardian burst-fire plasma rifle - it reloads after either five bursts or thirty plasma bolts. It's worth noting that six plasma bolts are equivalent to one burst, so any mix between bursts and bolts that totals as equivalent to five bursts or thirty bolts will also trigger a reload.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Really, you could just put a generic ammo counter, if you intend on every gun reloading on x amount of shots no matter what ammo type is used. It would come in very, very handy honestly. At least, it'd help just keeping track of how many shots I have left, as right now I have to pretty much mentally keep track how many shots I have till the reload triggers, which is kinda hard when you're constantly switching between weapons.
Doomguy5th

Post by Doomguy5th »

I dunno if it's just me, but the plasma effects and explosion effects seem to consume a lot of my CPU. It would be nice if you got a CVAR that can toggle on/off the special effects (using GZDoom 2.2.0 without bloom).
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Cryomundus wrote:Really, you could just put a generic ammo counter, if you intend on every gun reloading on x amount of shots no matter what ammo type is used. It would come in very, very handy honestly. At least, it'd help just keeping track of how many shots I have left, as right now I have to pretty much mentally keep track how many shots I have till the reload triggers, which is kinda hard when you're constantly switching between weapons.
I'll do this at some point, probably before the next update.
Doomguy5th wrote:I dunno if it's just me, but the plasma effects and explosion effects seem to consume a lot of my CPU. It would be nice if you got a CVAR that can toggle on/off the special effects (using GZDoom 2.2.0 without bloom).
I'll see what I can do, but I'll have to find good replacement effects to use before I put it in the mod.

In the meantime...

Option to remove scope on Nishimura Seven and use iron sights?
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Ehhh, it looks a tad generic without that blue scope.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Cryomundus wrote:Ehhh, it looks a tad generic without that blue scope.
I suppose I see your point - I had this idea where removing the scope lights up the iron sights, but got lazy and just put it on both versions of the sprite:

ImageImage
Doominer441

Post by Doominer441 »

I gotta say I prefer the scope. Its supposed to be a sniper-type weapon. It would be strange if it didn't have one.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

It would be cool to have a laser sight mode instead of a scope.
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.8e [Nishimura Seven]

Post by TheRailgunner »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:It would be cool to have a laser sight mode instead of a scope.
Eh, a laser sight seems kind of useless in a game where crosshairs fill the same role, doesn't it?

In that spirit, I've added Iron Sights mode to the Nishimura Seven - hitting "Reload" removes the scope from your rifle, allowing you to use iron sights for better area awareness in close quarters! Hitting "reload" a second time restores the scope.

The mod is now organized by version number - i.e., it's in the filename now.
Cryomundus

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.8e [Nishimura Seven]

Post by Cryomundus »

Do the various shell types just not spawn atm? I've found literally 2 explosive shells and no slugs across 7 maps while playing Moonblood, so it strikes me as very odd.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”