[WIP] The Trooper - 0.3.4 [INFINITE HIATUS]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.10 [STRETCHABLE]

Post by TheRailgunner »

YukesVonFaust wrote:Can't wait for the next update! say, can you only release the weapons-only version of that one, so it can be Monster-Mod-Compatible?
I will make weapons-only versions of The Trooper and Extra Weapons - I've been wanting monster-mod compatibility for some time now, as shooting the same 20 or so demons and zombies over and over gets boring.
Ts879

Post by Ts879 »

Why not add in both shotgun from the to-do list into the mod? Both sound very unique and fun to use.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

To be honest I like the idea of the VOSS more than I do the Trinity but man, a 4-guage Shotgun would one beefy gun.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Gideon020 wrote:To be honest I like the idea of the VOSS more than I do the Trinity but man, a 4-guage Shotgun would one beefy gun.
I'm leaning more towards the VOSS at the moment, mostly because The Trooper is sorely lacking in pump-action.

Anyway, firing frames!

Bubblegum Thesis:
ImageImageImage

Westinghouse M95A1:

Also, this Droner 50b Smart Rifle sprite:

Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Hopefully the M95 will have the sound it has from Terminator. :D

Also, I'm assuming the Smart Rifle has some kinda homing shots?

EDIT: Is it wrong that I can see the Bubblegum Thesis as being a perfect weapon for Ancient Aliens?
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Gideon020 wrote:Hopefully the M95 will have the sound it has from Terminator. :D

Also, I'm assuming the Smart Rifle has some kinda homing shots?

EDIT: Is it wrong that I can see the Bubblegum Thesis as being a perfect weapon for Ancient Aliens?
Firstly...it will indeed - hopefully I can nail down the 180 RPM firing rate for nostalgia purposes (this is, in fact, the M95A1's firing rate - if you hear it firing faster, it's being dual-wielded). Speaking of dual-wielding, the M95A1 will probably be dual-wieldable (I'll have to fix the XM27's dual-wield as well - basically, ADS will be available if single-wielded).

The Droner 50b fires electronically programmed/steered flechette rounds, possibly with some sort of ripper effect.

Yeah, the BT's color scheme does fit right in with Ancient Aliens.

So, the DM-6 is basically finished - animations, projectiles, ammo, etc. Now I just need to start on the M95A1, the BT, and the Kullish Adversary, a Razorjack-like weapon.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

TheRailgunner wrote: Kullish Adversary, a Razorjack-like weapon.
Huh, now that would be something. I'm guessing there won't be a special decapitation xdeath for it.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Gideon020 wrote:
TheRailgunner wrote: Kullish Adversary, a Razorjack-like weapon.
Huh, now that would be something. I'm guessing there won't be a special decapitation xdeath for it.
If I can find one, there will be one for as many monsters as I can possibly manage.

Anyway, XM27 now has ADS in addition to dual-wield, which just leaves the Surfeit Torment, the M97, and the M83 GPMG as the only weapons that don't have ADS right now. I might scrap the M95A1 - yeah, it sounds cool (and believe me, with authentic sound effects, it does), but as is, it's kind of bland from a gameplay standpoint. Furthermore, having two new weapons compete for Slot 6 sounds like no fun, and I don't have any other weapons even remotely similar to the Kullish Adversary.

In addition, headshots have been buffed. Note that I'm talking about the indev version.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Eh, I'll take the plasma gun over the Lost Guardian, the primary fire for that thing kills my framerate every time I pull the trigger unless I use the secondary fire.

Also, why not modify the Brutal Doom decap deaths? I know there's ones for the zombieguy, shotgunguy, imp, hellknight, baron and revenant in that mod.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Gideon020 wrote:Eh, I'll take the plasma gun over the Lost Guardian, the primary fire for that thing kills my framerate every time I pull the trigger unless I use the secondary fire.

Also, why not modify the Brutal Doom decap deaths? I know there's ones for the zombieguy, shotgunguy, imp, hellknight, baron and revenant in that mod.
Eh, M95A1 does basically the same thing - its projectile is based off of the DGA-3's altfire.

ImageImage
ImageImage

ADS for the M97 shotgun - that just leaves a few other weapons to go!

EDIT: Kullish Adversary stuff:

ImageImage
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Reminds me of the sawblade gun from Redneck Rampage. I'd bet it make a sweet chainsaw replacement too!
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.10 [ARSENALS & ADVERSARIES]

Post by TheRailgunner »

So, I finally got around to doing the thing - The Trooper Arsenal and Adversaries can now be used with whatever enemy or weapon mods you wish - want to SoldierZ through some Cyber Barons? How about slashing through gargoyles and golems in Heretic?

Enemies? Enemies! Last updated 18 September 2017. Note that headshots will not work for hitscan weapons, and Trooper enemies are tough - player beware.

Just weapons! Last updated 18 September 2017.

Even more weapons, and only weapons! Last updated 18 September 2017.

DO IT NOW.

On a side note, I may steal the M249 set I put together for a special angled build of TSZ I'm working on in secret, as I have a reload and ADS for it, and could just give it the M83's optical sight and be done with it. Wait, how do you steal your own sprite set?

Finally, the M97 and the XM27 can be aimed down sights.
Last edited by TheRailgunner on Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Overlord

Post by Overlord »

yay finally i can test this with my monster pack :wub:
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Reuploaded the mod with fixes. Also, for now, the M83 has new sprites, reloading, and ADS - more than likely, it'll become an M240 GPMG instead (mostly because the M249 can sort of pass for its bigger sibling, at least if you believe it hard enough).
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

I think the explosive shells option in the pistol is reversed? When I disable them, the bullets explode. When I enable them, they don't.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”