[WIP] The Trooper - 0.3.4 [INFINITE HIATUS]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheRailgunner

Re: Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.9g [UNDERBARREL GL 2]

Post by TheRailgunner »

Gideon020 wrote:Huh. I see. You'll probably need to replace the magnum rounds then, since the loose ammo for that is primarily in single bullets or three-bullet piles. Maybe a speed-loader sprite for singles or a box of magnum rounds for multiples?
All alternate ammo variants spawn in loose form - this is because they confer a hell of a firepower upgrade over their basic variants, and giving players full mags of alternate ammo lends them to be used almost exclusively. Plus, the speedloader sprites are already used for magazine-equivalent ammo drops.

Basically, I have no idea why I'd need to replace any of the small alt-ammo pickups.
Basically, it only effects something that has a straight ammo count like the Luxor and Last Salvo, while the magazine-based guns aren't affected. Fun as it is, it can get boring plowing through everything with just an HMG and Gauss Cannon somehow. It's not that big a deal, only a big baby complaint because I'm a casual crybaby. :P
I hear you - to be honest, I dislike the Last Salvo for this very reason (really, I should've tried harder for a RL replacement - that's on me).
Superhero webnovel that occasionally veers into Grimderp. What are you intrigued by?
Mostly the use of Trooper weapons, specifically the Nishimura Seven, and how it all ties together with a story you've described as "Occasionally Grimderp Superhero".

If it helps, I'm no stranger to fic-weirdness - if you'd prefer to reply to this point via PM, that's totally fine. If not...that's also totally fine. I'm a Doom modder, not a sign.
Yeah, I get that, but the thing is this: I switch to normal shells, it goes 'Explosive Shells Active' and when I switch to explosive it goes 'Explosive Shells Inactive' regardless of what my ammo stocks actually are. Basically, the notifications are stuck in reverse.
Yeah...about that:
Spoiler:
They seem to be in correct order to me.
Gideon020

Re: Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.9g [UNDERBARREL GL 2]

Post by Gideon020 »

Oh. Derp.
Sensu_Kamen

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.9h [CVAR-O-RAMA]

Post by Sensu_Kamen »

Sorry, basically this being useless. What do you mean by user1 and user2?
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.10 [STRETCHABLE]

Post by TheRailgunner »

I've updated The Trooper slightly:

*Fixed a bug where one could reload the Sokova 46's grenade launcher without ammo, granting infinite grenades.
*Both underbarrel GLs now have hipfire inaccuracy.
*Surfeit Torment's damage radius increased; slight increase to base damage.
*All explosive shells deal more damage across a larger radius.
*Added the often-requested Health CVARS, which toggle health regeneration and spawning!
*The amount of ammo that weapons drop can now be adjusted via CVAR - from "scarce" (standard Trooper ammo amounts) to "excessive" (more or less 16x ammo)!
*Health pickups can now be replaced with ammo, enemies, or can be disabled entirely.
*The rate at which enemies spawn can also be adjusted via CVAR - elite or classic enemies can be disabled entirely as well.
*Rare weapon spawns can be increased or disabled entirely.
*Revenants now drop grenades upon death; Revenant Wardens drop packs of grenades.

For some reason, I'm working on Ancient Aliens compatibility - it's frustrating that custom enemies are done via DeHackEd instead of decorate, since it makes replicating it with Trooper accoutrements (evasion, rushing, headshots, etc) difficult owing to my lack of DHE understanding.
Gideon020

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.9h [CVAR-O-RAMA]

Post by Gideon020 »

Sensu_Kamen wrote:Sorry, basically this being useless. What do you mean by user1 and user2?
In the control settings, after zoom and reload, there are four bindables called 'Weapon Function 1-4', these are what Railgunner means.
Gabbuz85

Post by Gabbuz85 »

there's a problem with the XM27, in akimbo mode.
Attachments
when you shoot, this happens
when you shoot, this happens
Senza nome.png (63.42 KiB) Viewed 964 times
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Gabbuz85 wrote:there's a problem with the XM27, in akimbo mode.
...you can still akimbo the XM27? I was totally certain I disabled that for...some sort of good reason, I'm sure.

Oh, right, I was going to make way for ADS. Still, I have no idea how you got the "DoubleYourGun" inventory item, as it does not drop from...wait, did you IDFA?
Gabbuz85

Post by Gabbuz85 »

yes. I usually use cheats to try out the weapons and see if there are any problems.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Gabbuz85 wrote:yes. I usually use cheats to try out the weapons and see if there are any problems.
Sorry about that - for the longest time, I used a complicated ammo tracking system that totally breaks when full ammo is given (in addition, it gives the Angelsphere weapon, which isn't complete and more importantly shouldn't be accessible outside of the Angelsphere powerup), so I made a functional equivalent in the way of a spawner - called "ValuePackSpawner" (or "ValuePackSpawnerPatched" for Extra Weapons) - that, well, gives you all weapons and ammo (technically, it doesn't give the Sharpshooter Arm, but I fixed that in the indev version). They'll be shortened to "VPS" and "VPSP" in the next update.

Also, I'm working on upgrading the Sharpshooter Arm's projectile effect, as it looks basically invisible as-is (currently, it's tooooo resource intensive - I have to trim down the beam and explosion slightly before posting an update), as well as improving its damage mechanics. Apart from that, I'm also fixing a few things (a bug with the VSK9's altfire and reloading, another bug with the Luxor HMG not dealing quad damage during Quad Damage).
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

That RDND compatible version I think is for 1.5x versions of the mod.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

So, I've got a few things planned...but first, what I've got so far (note that this applies to the indev 0.2.4.11, not 0.2.4.10):

*Health regeneration CVAR now has an additional option - Delayed/Modern, where you regenerate quickly after staying out of enemy fire for three seconds, but taking damage before fully regenerating halts the process, forcing you to wait another three seconds.
*The MARS B now has a Burst-Fire option as well as slightly altered gun physics. This is consistent with the original design, which incorporated burst-fire as a setting separate from the fire selector. The fire selector serves to change the number of bullets a burst will fire per trigger pull (2, 3, or 4).
*The fabled Ultra Boots are returning, granting double speed and super jumps - lasts for two minutes.

Now, about upcoming changes:
*The DM-6 Cluster Missile Launcher, which fires six missiles in a single volley or can lock on and fire them in sequence.
*Sharpshooter beam will be a lot more noticeable.

More of this as it develops.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Make it look like the Drunk Missile from ROTT! :D
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Gideon020 wrote:Make it look like the Drunk Missile from ROTT! :D

Meh, I already hacked together this thing from bits and bobs. The DM-6 is functionally complete, I just have to fill in the animations. It currently deals just enough damage to kill greater demons with a volley of direct hits (only if headshot vulnerable, though - Cacos are tough bastards, yeah?)

Also upcoming is the Bubblegum Thesis Nuclear Rail-shotgun:

Everyone loves a pink-and-purple BFG! That said, don't walk forward right after you fire this thing - it WILL irradiate you. Basically a short-ranged alternative to the Crimson Spectre - unlike The Trooper's other shotties, the BT's explosion will not reach far (basically, while normal pellets travel until they hit something, BT's projectiles will die after traveling a short distance). That reminds me - I've gotta nerf the CS a little bit, a headshot kills a Cyberdemon!

"Phased Plasma Rifle, 40 watt range."

"Hey, just what you see, pal."

The Westinghouse M95A1 Phased Plasma Rifle will be joining the DGA-3 Lost Guardian Fusion Rifle in Slot 6. I may remove the DGA-3's altfire as a result, as it was modeled off of a cross between the M95A1 and the Vex Mythoclast, but I may also just make the M95A1 fire more powerful bolts. I've always wanted to have the M95A1 in a Doom arsenal, and soon, you may have it too (it appeared in my first unpublished mod, Altgunner Arsenal, and was/is intended for Project Operation Unthinkable's arsenal, as were/are the Bubblegum Thesis and the DM-6).

Other things: Explosives are being rebalanced - again - owing to a tendency for grenades to one-shot Hell Knights and such. The only balanced explosive is, ironically, the DM-6 - a weapon explicitly designed to be the strongest conventionally explosive weapon in the game.
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

loved the rail-shotgun's name. can't wait for the next version :D
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Can't wait for the next update! say, can you only release the weapons-only version of that one, so it can be Monster-Mod-Compatible?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”