[WIP] The Trooper - 0.3.4 [INFINITE HIATUS]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.10 [ARSENALS & ADVERSARIES]

Post by TheRailgunner »

Ribo Zurai wrote:I think the explosive shells option in the pistol is reversed? When I disable them, the bullets explode. When I enable them, they don't.
TheRailgunner wrote:
Yeah, I get that, but the thing is this: I switch to normal shells, it goes 'Explosive Shells Active' and when I switch to explosive it goes 'Explosive Shells Inactive' regardless of what my ammo stocks actually are. Basically, the notifications are stuck in reverse.
Yeah...about that:
Spoiler:
The message refers to the altfire - the primary fire mode is a bullet, not a shell. Maybe I should make this more clear...
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

I'll wait until the new version before grabbing the weapons only and monsters only mods, I want to try out that Kullish Adversary and hopefully a 4-Guage Pump Action. :D
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Gideon020 wrote:I'll wait until the new version before grabbing the weapons only and monsters only mods, I want to try out that Kullish Adversary and hopefully a 4-Guage Pump Action. :D
I suppose - but there's now an XM27 Zombie and the GPMG is way more fun to play with now. Still, the new weapons are going to be scary.
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

I can drop angelic weapon, switch to local analogue of BFG, or any other weapon, shoot and die, because of power field. So power field and angelic weapon not you bro, mate.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Apeirogon wrote:I can drop angelic weapon, switch to local analogue of BFG, or any other weapon, shoot and die, because of power field. So power field and angelic weapon not you bro, mate.
...and how are you get angelic weapon? I am not incluye angelweapon in mod when enabled.

Eh, should've seen this coming - gonna have to make sure the Angelsphere cannot be given via IDFA (wait, isn't that what WEAPON.CHEATNOTWEAPON is for?).

EDIT: Angelsphere weapon is no longer obtainable - as far as the code is concerned, it no longer exists.
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

WEAPON.CHEATNOTWEAPON

Weapon is not given by the 'give weapons' cheat.
But there still
give all
give everything
idfa/idkfa
or even

logfile -> dumpclasses -> open logfile -> bruteforce "summon %_actor_%"
slade -> trooper -> decorate

But there give even give weapons command. There no cheatnot flag.
HRODA7A3.png
BTW, how did you manage to set several bullet usage for weapons, like maschinengewehr? Through ACS?
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Apeirogon wrote:
WEAPON.CHEATNOTWEAPON

Weapon is not given by the 'give weapons' cheat.
But there still
give all
give everything
idfa/idkfa
or even

logfile -> dumpclasses -> open logfile -> bruteforce "summon %_actor_%"
slade -> trooper -> decorate

But there give even give weapons command. There no cheatnot flag.
HRODA7A3.png
BTW, how did you manage to set several bullet usage for weapons, like maschinengewehr? Through ACS?
The most recently updated versions (around noonish CST/GMT - 6) have the weapon and powerup removed:

As far as the bullet usage goes...what exactly are you referring to?
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Just a heads up but the monster pack seems to break with Dead Simple.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Someone64 wrote:Just a heads up but the monster pack seems to break with Dead Simple.
It would seem that the entire mod breaks with Dead Simple - God-fucking-damn it.

Also, I'm gonna add a quick-draw weapon - the Kyrzix'Dal, or Chaos Weaver, a strange, alien contraption that uses your health as ammo and starts your health regeneration after it hits a target.

EDIT: VOSS stuff:

The Sturmman VOSS SG1 is a 4-gauge, pump-action shotgun - The Trooper is famously lacking in pump-shotties, and the next update with new weapons will bridge that gap with the pumpest and shottiest of all shotties. It'll hold four shells, each powerful enough to take down a Hell Knight with a headshot.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

All hail the VOSS! All hail!
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

So, here's what's going on:

*I'm working on adding flesh impact sounds to all of the weapons and enemies, as well as critical hit sounds (for that extra satisfaction we all want in our headshots) - this is actually kind of a pain, as right now I have the sound play at full volume during the headshot pain and death states, so any form of damage besides player projectiles has to be given a damage type in the headshot code so it doesn't just play whenever enemies hit each other in the head.
*Probably gonna remove one of the Mancubus variants to un-break Dead Simple.
*Maybe make the VOSS actually fun to use, as right now it's in a semi-broken state and isn't really fun to play with. Maybe with more complete sprites, some animation wizardry, and sound hackery, I might be able to rectify that.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

If you were going to do that to fix dead simple you'd have to do that for every single enemy that is used in a similar manner for every custom map for compatibility (also Arachnotrons in Dead Simple). Perhaps viewtopic.php?f=105&t=57170 will work for you?
Brohnesorge
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Brohnesorge »

There is also a proper way to do it in DECORATE, should you not want to convert to ZScripple.
Spoiler: From the Wiki
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Someone64 wrote:If you were going to do that to fix dead simple you'd have to do that for every single enemy that is used in a similar manner for every custom map for compatibility (also Arachnotrons in Dead Simple). Perhaps viewtopic.php?f=105&t=57170 will work for you?
I haven't added any alternative Arachnotrons, so I'm good there. I'm just gonna remove the Vanilla Mancubus for now and give the normal FatAttack sequence to the Corpulent as an alternative attack state.
Brohnesorge wrote:There is also a proper way to do it in DECORATE, should you not want to convert to ZScripple.
Spoiler: From the Wiki
The problem here is that I needed the CustomInventory actor to respond to an enemy spawning CVAR, which prevents me from using any kind of RandomSpawner directly. I could do it via ZScript since a ZScript spawner could respond to the CVAR (which a Decorate spawner can't).
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Post by TheLightBad96 »

I have but one question to ask about this mod, In early versions there was some plans for a companion revolver to go with the *Surfeit Torment* as a dual wieldable option, I think it was called the *Tunguska Event* I think. Is there still some chance that after all your new firearms and addtions to your monster pack get added will that particular pistol return.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”