[UPDATE] Brutal Guncaster V1.2.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
WolfMann

Re: [UPDATE] Brutal Guncaster V1.2.1

Post by WolfMann »

I couldnt find The Brutal Guncaster Patch
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Huh.

I'm not sure how LMD555 set it up... it appears he's changed some things when it came to reorganizing this mod.

I think you'll probably be better off waiting for the Brutal Guncaster update. Fortunately, that may happen sooner than expected...
Rtma

Post by Rtma »

Not sure if this will be relevant here or should mention in Original but still experiencing gold bug issue, after updating to gzdoom version 3.1.0, whenever I go into the store, the gold is fine in the spell section, but I switch to stratocaster or Items and the gold is 0 there, should I wait til you guys update the mods?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

We can't fix that bug on our end. It's an issue with the main mod itself.
NitroSpark

Post by NitroSpark »

The mod is great and all, but I have a small issue : the HUD s incomplete : /
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Try pressing the Minus ( - ) key to reduce the screen size by one notch.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Actually, at the moment, that's the big HUD... so he should be pressing the Plus ( + ) key to increase the screen size by one notch.
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Moderators, feel free to move this because this might be a troubleshooting question, though I do think this is a bug report. :)

I have previously been inactive on the forum, but have reactivated my account (thank you for graciousness board moderators! ^^) to report a very serious savegame bug with Brutal Guncaster and it affects normal Guncaster as well. Observe:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0cufopm541cvv ... 0.png?dl=0

This is a reload from a previous save, and as you can see, the shop know longer knows how much gold you have collected, and can no longer know when you are collecting gold. This was a very nasty surprise while playing through ZPack, and resulted in me having to trash this savegame and start from the beginning of the episode I was playing, the second episode. It coincides with me updating to GZDoom 3.2.1, the current release, due to the problem GZDoom has had in the past with crashing on level E2M6 of ZPack, Terror Cube, due to a bad polyobject. Now this issue with Guncaster and savegames.

Here's my load order: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m5pzjoatub19g ... 0.png?dl=0 [NSFW Warning] -moderators

An in-game work-around I've come up with is ALWAYS spend virtually all your gold before saving your game, but that still doesn't address the issue of how the shop is unable to see you've started collecting gold anew from a savegame. This leads me to believe an initialization script for the mod is NOT being run that gets everything fully going properly when restoring from a savegame. Can somebody maybe give me a console command to run after restoring a savegame that lets the 'shopkeeper' know I've actually got several thousand gold as an example ready and willing to spend? :D

EDIT: I was previously using GZDoom 2.2.0. Is there a GZDoom version possibly also that doesn't suffer the ZPack E2M6 polyobject bug and yet savegames work normally?
Last edited by Patriot1776 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Your links appear to be malformed.
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Fixed, thanks much, WW. I may just try looking through the coding on my own too (using SLADE) to see if I can see an obvious script I can try and manually run from the console that may yet reinitialize the shop scripts.
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

sighs

Okay, I get it, I shouldn't have uploaded the NSFW screenshot for my load order, that was the folder where the bug screencap was at. An honest mistake. Here's an SFW version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m5pzjoatub19g ... 0.png?dl=0

I've put this in the original post too. Now, has this bug ever been encountered before when loading savegames with this mod?
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Seriously guys? Am I the only one having this issue? What am I missing on bug reporting criteria? This ONLY happens when loading savegames, and I've been looking through the mod's code at the menu coding and tried manually executing several named scripts related to the menu coding with no success. The player gold inventory isn't broken, the menu scripts are refusing recognize gold amounts upon savegame reloading. Manually running scripts 'Initialize Everything' and 'Shop Initialization Sensation' upon loading a savegame don't seem to be remedying the problem either.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

this is a very well known and documented glitch from the core Guncaster mod. unfortunately its been broken as of GZdoom 2.3, while 2.2 is the most recent build to not have the issue at all. IIRC pillowblaster is going to be revamping the shop entirely when he gets around to his next version of the core mod, as its apparently not an easy fix.

for now, stick with an older version of gzdoom (namely 2.2) specifically for guncaster and its childe mods tbh. If you're using ZDL, you can assign multiple source port versions and switch between them in your load order fairly easily :)
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Ryuhi wrote:this is a very well known and documented glitch from the core Guncaster mod. unfortunately its been broken as of GZdoom 2.3, while 2.2 is the most recent build to not have the issue at all. IIRC pillowblaster is going to be revamping the shop entirely when he gets around to his next version of the core mod, as its apparently not an easy fix.

for now, stick with an older version of gzdoom (namely 2.2) specifically for guncaster and its childe mods tbh. If you're using ZDL, you can assign multiple source port versions and switch between them in your load order fairly easily :)
Thanks much Ryuhi! :D That's all I was looking for, an honest answer. And drats, that savegames are basically broken with Guncaster and its derivatives post-2.2 of GZDoom. I was using 2.2 but decided to upgrade GZDoom due to a polyobject bug on map E2M6 'Terror Cube' of ZPack. I'm wanting to finally play through ZPack without problems and was using Guncaster, but now I've given up using Guncaster and switched to another mod. I gotta say, the graphical enhancements made to GZDoom in the latest releases are utterly incredible! I'm glad we've finally got TrueColor and tonemapping built-in for GZDoom, as I had been relying on post-processing via ReShade to get those things.
WolfMann

Post by WolfMann »

Here I am once more. The blood problem I had is still present, and I tried everything, changed every setting, and nothing. The monsters still have anaemia.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and figured out what to do?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”