[UPDATE] Brutal Guncaster V1.2.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
loismustdie555

[UPDATE] Brutal Guncaster V1.2.1

Post by loismustdie555 »

NOTES; I have been told by PillowBlaster that I am the only one allowed to do such a Brutal Doomesque-mod compatbility thing with Guncaster, and that he won't allow any more than that.

EVERYTHING IN THIS DOCUMENT STILL APPLIES TO THIS MOD AS WELL AS GUNCASTER!

THIS MOD REQUIRES GZDOOM 2.2 OR NEWER.

Brutal Guncaster is, simply, Guncaster 2.8 + Brutal Doom.

All the features from Guncaster (I hope...) with all the brutality from Brutal Doom.
There probably will be might be bugs. Report any you find. And I will attempt to fix them.

Current known bugs; REPORT ANY YOU FIND PLEASE!
-Random damage in certain areas for unknown reasons - FIXED

Credits;
PillowBlaster + Everyone listed in THIS text file
Sgt Mk IV
DoomKrakken
Me [Loismustdie555]

If I'm missing anything for credits please let me know.

Here's some Gameplay of an early beta, post videos of your own and I can paste a few here too!

Here's some gameplay by Martinoz O! Better than mine and newer!

1.2 and above now comes in 2 parts!
DK Addons contains all the extra stuff not in vanilla Guncaster, so if you want that extra stuff be sure to download that too!

Download V1.2.1
Download V1.2.1 DK Addons
Last edited by loismustdie555 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
jdagenet

Re: Brutal Guncaster

Post by jdagenet »

Looks like Guncaster with enemies that burst into clouds of red mist when killed.
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

jdagenet wrote:Looks like Guncaster with enemies that burst into clouds of red mist when killed.
I have the blood setting all the way up in the video.
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

Nice to see that you are still making a bloody mess out of Guncaster :D
As much as I like Matriarch, it is good to have Sovereign back! Does it still have its TNT-firing Stratocaster?
Regarding Stratocasters: is the Longhorn's one now making it fire faster by fanning the hammer? And what does the Stratocaster for Cauterizer do?
Is the Darkvoid spell a new stuff?
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

shotfan wrote:As much as I like Matriarch, it is good to have Sovereign back! Does it still have its TNT-firing Stratocaster?
Sadly no, it's replaced with alternate "payloads"
shotfan wrote: Regarding Stratocasters: is the Longhorn's one now making it fire faster by fanning the hammer?
Yes, that's what it was before as well I do believe??

shotfan wrote: And what does the Stratocaster for Cauterizer do?
It fires a faster, homing plasma projectile.
shotfan wrote: Is the Darkvoid spell a new stuff?
That was an addition by DK, next version will have everything from DK in a seperate download. As per request of PB that I try and minimize new stuff added and simply focus on only Guncaster +> Brutal Doom. Since that was what the original agreement of usage was.
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

loismustdie555 wrote:Sadly no, it's replaced with alternate "payloads"
That is a pity, but I can live without it.
loismustdie555 wrote:Yes, that's what it was before as well I do believe??
I do not remember Longhorn ever having fan-the-hammer-SC. I thought it was always piercing-shots-SC. Nevertheless, it is probably a better choice, seeing that piercing shots are rarely important and typically you have more revolver bullets than you could know what to do with them (even though Strucker already has a SC that increases the rate of fire, but in the end that does not really matter).
loismustdie555 wrote: It fires a faster, homing plasma projectile.
Whoa, sounds good!
loismustdie555 wrote:That was an addition by DK, next version will have everything from DK in a seperate download. As per request of PB that I try and minimize new stuff added and simply focus on only Guncaster +> Brutal Doom. Since that was what the original agreement of usage was.
Ah, now I remember. Thanks for the info.

=EDIT=
So, the Longhorn Stratocaster is both faster and stronger than ordinary fire, but without fan-the-hammer action. So no changes really from the base Guncaster? Nevermind then.
There is still the bug that causes regular damage out of nothing in random places, like in the shotgun ambush room in Hellbound's first level.
Last edited by shotfan on Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nosfearatu

Post by nosfearatu »

Hey,

I keep getting an error when trying to launch it,

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "BrutalGuncasterGZD.pk3:decbd/tokens.txt" line 810:
Tried to register class 'AnimuGore' more than once.
IdiotBitz
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by IdiotBitz »

nosfearatu wrote:Hey,

It's a problem with the dev builds. Run the stable 2.3.2 and you'll be fine.
nosfearatu

Post by nosfearatu »

IdiotBitz wrote:
nosfearatu wrote:Hey,

It's a problem with the dev builds. Run the stable 2.3.2 and you'll be fine.

Thank you
shotfan

Re: [UPDATE] Brutal Guncaster V1.2.1

Post by shotfan »

I played some more and whoa, Darkvoid spell is a powerful one for sure.
Also I have noticed that Firespit is manafree. is this intentional? Because I like this change. (personally, I think it should be another always accessible quick attack like the Kick or Quick TNT Toss, but free Firespit is already bound to be much useful (and sensible) than ever before).
What is the point of featuring Ironblast in the shop? Simply to have more items to be available for a purchase?

Also, two technical questions: What are the changes in V1.2.1? And what does DK's addon contain?

By the way: what about Project Brutality Guncaster? Is it abandoned in favour of this mod?
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

shotfan wrote:I played some more and whoa, Darkvoid spell is a powerful one for sure.
Also I have noticed that Firespit is manafree. is this intentional? Because I like this change. (personally, I think it should be another always accessible quick attack like the Kick or Quick TNT Toss, but free Firespit is already bound to be much useful (and sensible) than ever before).
Was accidental, I'll fix that on the vanilla file next update, and leave the addons file without that change.
shotfan wrote:What is the point of featuring Ironblast in the shop? Simply to have more items to be available for a purchase?
When you stratocast it, it leaves your inventory, then you can buy another, and have a floating one, AND one you can actually use.
shotfan wrote:Also, two technical questions: What are the changes in V1.2.1? And what does DK's addon contain?
DK Addons contains all the new stuff that you were already previously using. Without that file, you get vanilla brutal guncaster. With it, you get the extra stuff.
shotfan wrote:By the way: what about Project Brutality Guncaster? Is it abandoned in favour of this mod?
For now, yes.
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

loismustdie555 wrote:Was accidental, I'll fix that on the vanilla file next update, and leave the addons file without that change.
Alright then.
loismustdie555 wrote:When you stratocast it, it leaves your inventory, then you can buy another, and have a floating one, AND one you can actually use.
Ah yes, that infamous bug from vanilla Guncaster is now made legit for some extra dosh. Great!
loismustdie555 wrote:DK Addons contains all the new stuff that you were already previously using. Without that file, you get vanilla brutal guncaster. With it, you get the extra stuff.
Ah, so you spilt the content from the first version of BGC and made an addon out of it?
Last edited by shotfan on Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

shotfan wrote:Ah yes, that infamous bug from vanilla Guncaster is now made legit for some extra dosh. Great!
:D
shotfan wrote:Ah, so you spilt the content from the first version of BGC and made an addon out of it?
Correct! That's exactly what I did! Mostly to maintain consistency between Vanilla Guncaster, """Vanilla""" Brutal Guncaster, and Brutal Guncaster's extra stuff.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

shotfan wrote:
loismustdie555 wrote:[When you stratocast it, it leaves your inventory, then you can buy another, and have a floating one, AND one you can actually use.
Ah yes, that infamous bug from vanilla Guncaster is now made legit for some extra dosh. Great!
It's legit in vanilla Guncaster, too; It even summons another floating one when you Gunzerk.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Das a legit bug. Nyesh. Better fix it.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”