[UPDATE] Brutal Guncaster V1.2.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DoomKrakken

Re: [UPDATE] Brutal Guncaster V1.2.1

Post by DoomKrakken »

I had already encountered that as well. It will not be an issue in the next version.
Rtma

Post by Rtma »

Possible bug but trying to Gumpop a baron of hell(Possibley Hellknight to) after softening him up with 3 strucker blasts to the face seems to reset it's health, can you confirm this? also night vision doesn't highlight Cacodemons corpses.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I'll see what's up.

Also, were the caco corpses already in the map to begin with, or did you kill some Cacos and their corpses weren't lighting up?
Rtma

Post by Rtma »

I'm pretty sure it's just cacodemons corpses in general, I haven't seen corpses that were decorating a level yet if that makes a difference, been playing thru Brutal Guncaster with Maps of Chaos on Doom I & II so far after playing thru Heretic(Never played it before) and Hexen on regular Guncaster(Finished since I played it when I was younger but didn't get far), I also recall one of the transition sequences that displays text (Story) in doom 2 (When you finish map11) is that of the Doom Marine, not from Cygnis perspective.
And I'm curious on why the Archvile doesn't resurrect bodies in this mod?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Well, it could be that the corpses may not have ISMONSTER set... though last I checked, the Cacos didn't spawn corpses upon death. I will look into this.

Archviles do resurrect corpses. As a matter of fact, since several kinds of Brutal Doom corpses (which also have Raise states) replace the ones found in the map, the Archvile should be able to resurrect those too...
Rtma

Post by Rtma »

I dunno, I've let Archviles dance around corpses but nothing happens, can anyone else confirm this?
WolfMann

Post by WolfMann »

The blood in my game doesn't look as gory as I remember. I raised everything to max and it still looks badly rendered for me. Any help on this?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

What's your load order?
WolfMann

Post by WolfMann »

Uuuhh... I'm really sorry but I don't know.
For a long time my family believed that computers and the internet were the creation of Stan the Goat and didn't really allow me to own a computer. I got mine a year ago and I still try to learn how to use it.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

kek

Well... they're half-right... XD

Stuff aside, Let me guess... you clicked and dragged the mods to GZDoom?
WolfMann

Post by WolfMann »

Yes. Yes I did. Brutal Guncaster and then the Addons file.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

First off, clicking and dragging is bound to not load stuff in the right order. I suggest using ZDL to load your mods in the proper order.

Second, Guncaster should be loaded first. Then Brutal Doom Monsters Only (preferably the one that comes in the download I provided... I'm not so sure how well it'd work with any newer versions). Then Brutal Guncaster.
WolfMann

Post by WolfMann »

Thanks. I can't seem to download the... "right" ZDL. All I find is download links with a bunch of files. No program or anything.
EDIT: Nevermind. I found a link to 3.1

Also, is it normal for the character to get hurt while on a teleport spot?
EDIT2: Alright. The ZDL seems to have fixed that. I'm loading from top bottom Brutal Guncaster and then the Addons to it, which is one extra file. I have set it to the max blood setting... and still nothing. Is there a file I'm missing?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

To confirm... your load order is this?
- Guncaster
- Brutal Doom Monsters Only
- Brutal Guncaster Patch
WolfMann

Post by WolfMann »

No........ Although I think I see the mistake.
The load order is
-BrutalGuncasterGZD.pk3
-BrutalGuncaster_DKAddons.pk3

I've checked, maybe I was an idiot and forgot how blood looks in PB and played Project Brutality on full blood settings and the blood looks amazing.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”