[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gideon020

Re: [3.0!] FINAL DOOMER +

Post by Gideon020 »

Playing through, I found that Hellboundguy's shotgun has a much quieter firing sound than the pump animation and is also much quieter compared to the other weapons.
Last edited by Gideon020 on Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

I know it, they added Alien Vendetta weapons. That was im thinking after download the old version of Final Doomer
#Harsh
Yebudoom

Post by Yebudoom »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Also, 3 new classes were added.
THREE of them? Holy shit, guys. There ain't no stopping you, is there? Keep it up, appreciated. Downloading now.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

glad everyones enjoying the av weapon set! was real fun bein a part of it <3
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

This is a lot of fun. Is it possible to have the classes randomize as you have pistol start mode on as well? It would make the gameplay very interesting.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

HELL YEAH HELLBOUND
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Turns out a download that small is actually relatively safe. Hooray!

Unfortunately, AVGuy's Slot 6 doesn't seem to work properly with autoaim. At first it looked like it was just the decals that weren't moving up or down, but after draining all of its ammo while fighting a few Hell Knights on some stairs, it seemed they hadn't taken any damage at all despite the hit effects aligning with them.
Last edited by SiFi270 on Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alptraum
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Alptraum »

So good to have an update of this mod ^^
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Hey, we weren't super happy with the old Plutonia shotgun sound so here's an update that changes it.
Also, 3 new classes were added.
Congrats on the...release? :lol:
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

It might be somewhat of a nitpick for me, but the hellbound shotgun shells (small) pick up sound is louder than the shotgun fire sounds
especially if you have earphones
making4

Post by making4 »

These new packs are neat stuff, thanks!

A few nitpicks after playing through portions of Doom II and Plutonia on UV with them:
- In the Whitemare set, the Thermocoat only seems to increase in charge level if I ignite (but don't kill) an enemy and practically rub against it. This makes it really hard to build up a charge, which makes its active fire mode hard to use, which is bad since it replaced the chainsaw and sometimes you need that extra ammo-less damage (this is offset a little by the pistol being infinite). Two ways I can think to make it a bit easier - either have it rise when any enemy is ignited (but slow the rise rate a little), or have it also absorb fire from corpses that are still burning when the player runs over them. Maybe I just haven't figured it out though.
- In the Alien Vendetta set, the Phased-Tachyon Cannon's effects and particles go where the auto-aim goes, but the actual projectile/damage goes where the crosshair is. Having said that, this thing one-shots Revenants and that is the best.
- Also in the Alien Vendetta set, the Shattergun just doesn't really have a role. It needs something - maybe to use 4 shells worth of ammo for more damage, maybe just to have its spread narrowed by 50%. With more damage/ammo utilization it would become a great room clearer for dense rooms, but which the player would still want to switch away from for more run-and-gun fights due to ammo wastage. With a tighter spread it would become a more effective medium/long range weapon (which the Drum Shotgun is not), although that would give it role overlap with the Mini-Missile Launcher (which I love).

Hellbound is perfect and really punchy!

Also, is this supposed to work with Heretic? I thought Whitemare would be fun there, and it initially looked like it was working, but then I got the ethereal crossbow and lost my Whitemare weapons, and then I hit a number key and got back my Whitemare weapons, but lost the ethereal crossbow and then I quit.
BerserkerNoir

Post by BerserkerNoir »

Nice!
Didnt Expect a Update from my Favorite Weapon mod, all the new packs work wonderful, the only issue ive come across with this
is that the Hellbound shotgun doesnt play any sound in recent GZDOOM builds, although it works in older gzdoom and zdoom.
Edit: Making a Clean Install of GZDOOM seems to fix that issue.
Last edited by BerserkerNoir on Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

Well, here are my thoughts on each class' weapons.
Spoiler:
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Does the fire damage from Whitemare's weapons spread to other zombies and imps as well? That'd be amazing if it did.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

From what I've tested, no it doesn't.

It also doesn't work on enemies on enemies immune to fire damage, considering elemental damage is taken into account.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”