[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Viscra Maelstrom

Re: [2.4] FINAL DOOMER +

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

actually, Equinox was tied for 4th place way back when the poll for the recent trio of weapons was decided.

conversely, i'm probably the only person on the forums that wants The Talosian Incident done more than anything else.
EddieMann

Re: [2.4] FINAL DOOMER +

Post by EddieMann »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:actually, Equinox was tied for 4th place way back when the poll for the recent trio of weapons was decided.

conversely, i'm probably the only person on the forums that wants The Talosian Incident done more than anything else.
Icarus: Alien Vanguard looks a little more enticing, i'll say. The HUD for Doom 2 looks a bit broken on compendium, though:
Sgt. Shivers

Re: [3.0!] FINAL DOOMER +

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Hey, we weren't super happy with the old Plutonia shotgun sound so here's an update that changes it.
Also, 3 new classes were added.
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

Man that new plutonia shotgun sound is fantastic!
Smashhacker

Post by Smashhacker »

Plutonia shotty hype!
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

EA releases another identical soccer game < Final Doomer adds new classes!!!!

Booting this up now! Will report any problems.
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

Nice work. I know these weapon sets are specific to megawads, but would you consider making classes for eriguns 1 and 2 since these are such iconic weapon sets?

Also, Hellbound guy's shotgun sound is very quiet.
Smashhacker

Post by Smashhacker »

Interesting how the Whitemare weapon class is all pyromaniac-themed, especially with that burn effect. Then again the two megawads are all winter and ice themed so it would make sense to want to burn demons to a crisp there.
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Hey, we weren't super happy with the old Plutonia shotgun sound so here's an update that changes it.
Also, 3 new classes were added.
Best way to announce a gigantic update.

Congrats, guys! I'm already in love with the Whitemare set in particular.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

I did notice that the throwable det-packs for Hellbound guy are a little too quick to refire. Threw a bunch of bombs at enemies that were already dead. Perhaps a little more delay between detonation and throwing the next one, so you don't throw by accident? Or turn off the refire for this weapon?

Otherwise, very excellent new set of weapons to play with. :D
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Every year I go on vacation to a place where the internet's pretty lousy and downloading things isn't recommended. On day one of this year's vacation, Gothic shares a neat looking Quake-themed map on Doomworld, and I think, 'wow, that's probably as unlucky/tantalizing as it gets'

LITTLE DID I FRIGGING KNOW
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

Any plans to add a seperate ammo type for the pistols like there is for the BFGs?
Turin Turambar
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Turin Turambar »

Thanks for the work!

Although I have to say, the shotgun thingie (the one that fires throwing slivers of pellets) reload sound is pretty annoying to my ears.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

A better man than me shall say what I am thinking right now:

Baratus
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Baratus »

Yes!!! Loving these new weapon sets! Good job on all your hard work bringing this highly anticipated update to release!

Hellboundguy might just be my favourite set out of the three, might even be my favourite out of the entire set! Although it's hard to pick a favourite since every weaponset has its own unique strengths and weaknesses and no two sets play too much alike (except perhaps the Vanilla set which would be the most familiar out of all of them). I love the raw beefyness of Hellboundguy's weapons, and the lower ammo capacity and slower speed means that you have to play smart and not waste a shot, and it rewards you by making you an unstoppable badass who can dispose of monsters insanely fast in any situation with a bit of quick thinking. That shotgun replacement is incredible.

Vendettaguy is my 2nd favourite of the new set, although I'm not really fond of his SSG replacement. I don't really understand what it's for. The Shotgun seems to outclass it in damage output, fire rate and ammo economy. Vendettaguy's shotgun really steals the show and lets you run around like a maniac dealing devastating amounts of damage, not unilke the Scout from Team Fortress 2. It's a hard choice between that and the Borstal Shotgun as my alltime favourite Slot 3 weapon.

I didn't play as Whitemareguy quite as much, the weaponset hasn't really clicked for me yet. Perhaps I was playing a bad levelset with it or something.

Still, I'm happy that this update has extended the life of my Doom WAD library even more exponentially than the last six weaponsets. Great work!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”