[3.2!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [2.4] FINAL DOOMER +

Postby IDKrisis » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:27 am

Yholl wrote:The damage should be extremely similar at close range, amplifying beyond that at long range. I played AA non-stop while making this set, and never had any issue with the Scepter, it actually performed better than the vanilla RL due to the low self damage it does, as well as that sniping capacity.

Fair enough. I guess I just need more practice. I do enjoy the visual effects and find it very satisfying when I get to use it at long range.
IDKrisis
Dreaming in Pixels

Postby EddieMann » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:37 pm

Maybe you could tighten the spread and raise the fire rate of the Ancient Aliens chaingun and change the sound to make it not sound like a light machine gun since it has a little "belt rattle" sound after the shot? Perhaps a little support for the JPCP_HUD as well, like a "kanji" option?

oh and maybe altfire to use the scoped shotgun's scope, now that other guns have altfires
EddieMann

Postby Gabenslair » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:26 pm

I was looking in your doom DECORATE files for who you achieved your combo fists and knive quirk in TNT and ALIEN, but they each have this elusive inventory item that dictates if your hitting an enemy. 2 examples are "FDTNTFistComboTwo" and "FDAliensKnifeGOTTAKNIFEFAST". I searched all over the decorate files but I couldn't find them. How was the combo achieved?
Gabenslair

Postby Yholl » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:05 pm

EddieMann wrote:Maybe you could tighten the spread and raise the fire rate of the Ancient Aliens chaingun and change the sound to make it not sound like a light machine gun since it has a little "belt rattle" sound after the shot?
It's old and rusty and somehow still works. I'm not gonna change a gun because someone said "make it different", I need actual reasons, sorry.
EddieMann wrote:Perhaps a little support for the JPCP_HUD as well, like a "kanji" option?
Like, as a third option? I don't really see how that's possible at this kinda pixel size.

EddieMann wrote:oh and maybe altfire to use the scoped shotgun's scope, now that other guns have altfires
They don't, though. Only the Halderman Device is setup that way.
Either way, no, the scope doesn't actually work normally, it was cursed by hell to be completely reflective at all times.
Yholl
I will hit you with my Decorate.

Postby StroggVorbis » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:06 am

Some weapons, mostly pistols, are not first shot accurate, so they aren't very useful for sniping. Do you mind taking a look at that? I don't know how this would work for the dual uzis, but I'd like some consistency :)

Can't wait much longer for 2.5 and the pistol ammo toggles D:
StroggVorbis
Donut eat me pls!

Operating System: Windows Vista/7 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Tapwave » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:38 am

owo what's this
Tapwave
On the GREEN!

Discord: Sunray#7070
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Captain J » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:14 am

As long you believe in the pseudo technology. :P
Captain J
'OH YE'

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby guitardz » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:21 pm

Planning to play Alien Vendetta with FDP, but can't decide between Plutonia Guy or Ancient Aliens Guy, which one fits the AV theme better, guys?
guitardz

Discord: #5267
Twitch ID: guitardz83

Postby CasualScrub » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:50 am

guitardz wrote:Planning to play Alien Vendetta with FDP, but can't decide between Plutonia Guy or Ancient Aliens Guy, which one fits the AV theme better, guys?

I would say AAguy, definitely.
CasualScrub

Postby Yholl » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:21 pm

DabbingSquidward wrote:Some weapons, mostly pistols, are not first shot accurate, so they aren't very useful for sniping. Do you mind taking a look at that? I don't know how this would work for the dual uzis, but I'd like some consistency :)
what a shame
DabbingSquidward wrote:Can't wait much longer for 2.5 and the pistol ammo toggles D:
gonna be waiting a looooong time :^)
Yholl

Postby Gabenslair » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:19 am

Hyped for version 3.0 since I saw the changelog. Whitemare spells good news.
Gabenslair

Postby Yholl » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:28 am

Gabenslair wrote:Hyped for version 3.0 since I saw the changelog. Whitemare spells good news.
YOU SAW NOTHING GO ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS SIR
Spoiler:
Yholl

Postby elCreyo » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:16 am

I like this mod. I like to play it without vertical aiming like it's vanilla doom.
elCreyo
elAnimator

Discord: elcreyo#3831
Twitch ID: elcreyo

Postby SiFi270 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:42 am

I think I already said this to Yholl's tumblr but there should totally be a class for Eternal Doom that has a weapon based on Doom Eternal's Ballista for slot 5, just to make things extra confusing.
SiFi270

Postby namsan » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:39 pm

I was playing this mod for quite long time, and I realized there is almost no reason to use Plutonia shotgun over Revolver.
Revolver has quite high DPS for starting weapon and this weapon is quite accurate. Also, it has unlimited ammo and reloading is very quick.
And Plutonia shotgun has actually lower DPS compared to revolver despite it uses ammo, and still less accurate than revolver because it's shotgun.
According to weapon description, Plutonia shotgun's feat is "It has lower damage than normal shotgun but it's somewhat accurate!" but revolver can do better at any range. :roll:

I suggest buffing shotgun's damage or nerfing revolver's accuracy.
namsan
Loves English but hates Revenants

Discord: Namsan#8146

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods