Page 11 of 73

Re: [POLL RESULTS!] FINAL DOOMER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:14 pm
by rabid marine
Sue me if this has been discussed before, but looking at how this is no longer going to be centered around final doom, will there be a name change?

Re: [POLL RESULTS!] FINAL DOOMER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:31 pm
by Sgt. Shivers
Redead-ITA wrote:weapons will be different story i presume

We're making good progress, only 2 weapons in the Ancient Aliens set to go! :D

rabid marine wrote:Sue me if this has been discussed before, but looking at how this is no longer going to be centered around final doom, will there be a name change?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I dunno, but probably not.

Re: [POLL RESULTS!] FINAL DOOMER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:50 pm
by Yholl
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:well, i'm still thoroughly convinced that the simple Maser beam is dealing significantly less damage than the other ones on GZDoom 2.2.0. like, at least needing twice as much ammo to kill something compared to the other beams.
You never actually answered my question. Are you still using 1.0?

Re: [POLL RESULTS!] FINAL DOOMER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:10 pm
by Slax
It is time for crime. As in MASER NOOOOOOO!

Re: [POLL RESULTS!] FINAL DOOMER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:10 pm
by Captain J
I felt maser is kinda weak, but hey. When something's being fried, it'll die eventually.

EDIT:
Xangi wrote:Maser is very strong according to my processor. So strong I can feel it heating the room I'm playing in up whenever I fire it.
;_;
When it comes to the multiple boss fight, you've gotta fry them like a hour.

Re: [POLL RESULTS!] FINAL DOOMER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:13 pm
by Xangi
Maser is very strong according to my processor. So strong I can feel it heating the room I'm playing in up whenever I fire it.
;_;

Re: [POLL RESULTS!] FINAL DOOMER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:18 am
by Princess Viscra Maelstrom
Yholl wrote:
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:well, i'm still thoroughly convinced that the simple Maser beam is dealing significantly less damage than the other ones on GZDoom 2.2.0. like, at least needing twice as much ammo to kill something compared to the other beams.
You never actually answered my question. Are you still using 1.0?

no, i've been using 1.2 over here, and previously i had the maser error with 1.1.

Re: [POLL RESULTS!] FINAL DOOMER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:57 pm
by Yholl
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:no, i've been using 1.2 over here, and previously i had the maser error with 1.1.
Well, I don't know what to tell you then.
The simple Maser does 5 damage per tic, always.
The normal Maser does 5 damage per tic, always.
The fancy Maser does 5 damage per tic, always.

If 5 is not equal to 5, than the universe is probably imploding.

Re: [POLL RESULTS!] FINAL DOOMER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:17 pm
by isaacpop23
Princess Viscra Maelstrom wrote:well, i'm still thoroughly convinced that the simple Maser beam is dealing significantly less damage than the other ones on GZDoom 2.2.0. like, at least needing twice as much ammo to kill something compared to the other beams.

I just went and tested this against a cyberdemon, it took roughly 190 more ammo to take him down with the simple beam than the other two. (2.8.1 ZDoom, 1.2 This)

Yholl wrote:The simple Maser does 5 damage per tic, always.
The normal Maser does 5 damage per tic, always.
The fancy Maser does 5 damage per tic, always.

If 5 is not equal to 5, than the universe is probably imploding.

While I feel like I'd be able to tell if that was occurring, I'm slow to pick up on things so maybe it is. Though I am fairly sure the Maser thing is happening in some weird way.

Re: [POLL RESULTS!] FINAL DOOMER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:44 pm
by DoomRater
I'll dive into the code and see if I can't spot a mistake somewhere when I get time.

Re: [POLL RESULTS!] FINAL DOOMER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:51 pm
by Princess Viscra Maelstrom
yeah, there's definitely something up here. testing against a cacodemon with about 790 ammo, killing one with the simple beam took about 45 ammo, with the standard and OGL one only needing around half as much to kill it. no idea if it has to do with using 2.2.0 of GZDoom or not.

Re: [POLL RESULTS!] FINAL DOOMER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:13 pm
by Yholl
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:yeah, there's definitely something up here. testing against a cacodemon with about 790 ammo, killing one with the simple beam took about 45 ammo, with the standard and OGL one only needing around half as much to kill it. no idea if it has to do with using 2.2.0 of GZDoom or not.
Well, seeing as according to ZDoom, 5 damage on a projectile and 5 damage on a railgun are NOT THE SAME GODDAMN NUMBER, I've rewritten the simple maser stuff, it now does AMAZINGLY ENOUGH, 5 DAMAGE!
Thank you very much for poking me about this, it's good to have it working correctly now.

If you'll excuse me I'm going to go stab zdoom with a knif

Re: [POLL RESULTS!] FINAL DOOMER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:51 pm
by Doom Grey
Yholl wrote:Well, seeing as according to ZDoom, 5 damage on a projectile and 5 damage on a railgun are NOT THE SAME GODDAMN NUMBER, I've rewritten the simple maser stuff, it now does AMAZINGLY ENOUGH, 5 DAMAGE!
Thank you very much for poking me about this, it's good to have it working correctly now.

If you'll excuse me I'm going to go stab zdoom with a knif

Are you sure it's doing 5 damage and not "5" damage?

Re: [POLL RESULTS!] FINAL DOOMER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:54 pm
by Yholl
Doom Grey wrote:Are you sure it's doing 5 damage and not "5" damage?
* yholl stares *

Possibly one of the most cryptic messages I've received.

In any case;
The projectile damage.
Code: Select allExpand view
Damage (5)

The railgun damage.
Code: Select allExpand view
TNT1 A 0 A_RailAttack (5, 0, 0, "None", "Red"

Re: [POLL RESULTS!] FINAL DOOMER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:18 pm
by Doom Grey
Yholl wrote:
Doom Grey wrote:Are you sure it's doing 5 damage and not "5" damage?
* yholl stares *

Possibly one of the most cryptic messages I've received.

Thank you, senpai! I tried my best to imitate ZDoom's logic.