[3.3!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [3.3!] FINAL DOOMER +

Postby IDKrisis » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:04 pm

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote:I... i can't say i don't like the idea here. BUT, just to compliment the theme, i would make a Rubber Band Rifle to replace the plasma rifle and a Super Rubber Band Launcher to replace the BFG =ppppppp

I just think there should be some reality-bending weapons to suit the weird themes of the later levels. The Going Down wad always left me with the feeling that the hero - or perhaps the world - was going slowly insane.
IDKrisis
Dreaming in Pixels

Postby tony10125 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:29 pm

I don't know if this was reported already but the projectiles of Hellbound's minigun get stuck on ceilings in vanilla puff mode and make a really annoying sound. I'm using V3.3
Btw, Thanks for making my favorite gameplay mod. I can't play without it. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tony10125

Postby error666 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:25 pm

i have a really small idea: Eviternity weapon set?
error666

Postby krutomisi » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:36 pm

Quick question for anybody familiar with the weapon sets, is there anything that uses alt fire besides the pistol?
I'm too hardwired to hitting R for reload, thinking of maybe swapping R/M2 in my binds

Thanks!
krutomisi

Postby StroggVorbis » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:35 am

krutomisi wrote:Quick question for anybody familiar with the weapon sets, is there anything that uses alt fire besides the pistol?
I'm too hardwired to hitting R for reload, thinking of maybe swapping R/M2 in my binds

Thanks!

The Halderman device found in the TNT weaponset does. Chainsaw replacement.
StroggVorbis
Donut eat me pls!

Discord: StroggVorbis#2466
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Turbo » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:19 am

I've recently finished playing Plutonia.wad using the corresponding weapon set, and it was a fun experience with reloading/chaingun ammo for pistol options enabled.
One small gripe I have is that the Plutonia revolver is overly ammo efficient compared to the light machinegun (28/32 vs 9/12 in damage), resulting in me cheesing a lot of the stationary enemies with the revolver from behind cover, which became somewhat of a bad habit, leaving me with more spare bullets than usual.

So I decided to try doubling the revolver's ammo consumption with the following state changes in /decorate/plutonia/pistol.dec:
Code: Select allExpand view
  FireNoReload:
    TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIf(CallACS("FD_pistolammo") == 1, 5) // If ammo is also enabled, we gotta check for the base bullet ammo for that gun
    TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIf(CallACS("FD_pistolreload") == 2, 2) // Checks if the reloading option is set to "balanced" for single bullet ammo consumption
    TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIfInventory ("FDPlutBullets", 2, "FireNoAmmoCheckDone")
    TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIfInventory ("FDPlutBullets", 1, "Dryfire")
    TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIfNoAmmo ("Dryfire")
    Goto FireNoAmmoCheckDone
    TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIfInventory ("FDPlutBullets", 1, "FireNoAmmoCheckDone")
    Goto Dryfire

FireNoMagButAmmo: // eat pant
    TNT1 A 0 A_TakeInventory ("FDPlutBullets", 2, TIF_NOTAKEINFINITE)
    Goto FireComplete

AltFire:
    TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIfInventory ("FDPlutPistolAmmo", 0, "ReadyFull")
    TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIf(CallACS("FD_pistolammo") == 0, "Reloadery")
    TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIfInventory ("FDPlutBullets", 2, "Reloadery")
    Goto DryFire

ReloadUseAmmo: // Used with the pistol ammo cvar
    TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIfInventory ("FDPlutPistolAmmo", 0, "ReloadFinish")
    TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIfInventory ("FDPlutBullets", 2, 1)
    Goto ReloadFinish
    TNT1 A 0 A_GiveInventory ("FDPlutPistolAmmo", 1)
    TNT1 A 0 A_TakeInventory ("FDPlutBullets", 2)
    Goto ReloadUseAmmo

This was tested without any problems using any of the related options, and it helped to balance the revolver a lot better IMO.

I also found a bug where the Plutonia and Doom 2 chainguns can fire twice even though there is only one bullet ammo left.
Turbo
Let's just hope this works..

Postby Stephen312312 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:11 pm

I found a few issues:
  • When firing at a crowd of flying monsters with the Vendetta Machine as Vendettaguy, some of them are frozen in place after they get hit.
  • When playing as BTSXguy with his intended mapsets, the colors for the ammo and weapon pickups are off due to the new palette.
Stephen312312

Postby Yholl » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:37 pm

tony10125 wrote:I don't know if this was reported already but the projectiles of Hellbound's minigun get stuck on ceilings in vanilla puff mode and make a really annoying sound. I'm using V3.3
Btw, Thanks for making my favorite gameplay mod. I can't play without it. :)
Yeah, haven't gotten around to fixing it yet. Glad you're having fun.

error666 wrote:i have a really small idea: Eviternity weapon set?
There's nothing small about that.

Turbo wrote:This was tested without any problems using any of the related options, and it helped to balance the revolver a lot better IMO.
Mmm, sounds good, I'll add that to me list of things I should get around to doing before the heat death of the universe. Hopefully.
Turbo wrote:I also found a bug where the Plutonia and Doom 2 chainguns can fire twice even though there is only one bullet ammo left.
fug

Stephen312312 wrote:When firing at a crowd of flying monsters with the Vendetta Machine as Vendettaguy, some of them are frozen in place after they get hit.
Sounds like you countered their movement with momentum.
Stephen312312 wrote:When playing as BTSXguy with his intended mapsets, the colors for the ammo and weapon pickups are off due to the new palette.
I recommend truecolor then.
Yholl
I will hit you with my Decorate.

Postby Doctrine Gamer » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:20 pm

Nuclear weapons (Hellbound in the case of Final Doomer) are to give a lag / fps drop. :trippy:

Is there a nuclear weapon mod immune to this defect :?:

I haven't tested it yet but just looking at the trailer I was afraid of the Nuclear Bomb at the end of the video. :surprise:

Paranoia aside ... the quality of that way is incredible. :cheers:

Combining it with Shades of Doom + FloppyDisk is absurdly fun. :mrgreen:
Doctrine Gamer
Holger Danilchenko

Postby Stephen312312 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:33 am

I was thinking you should make a Whitemare Standalone HUD.
Stephen312312

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods