[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Viscra Maelstrom

Re: [2.4] FINAL DOOMER +

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

IIRC, they're focusing their efforts more on other gameplay mods they made that took a backseat to the 3 new Final Doomer sets, like LegenDoom and DoomRL Arsenal, and that a new set of weapons will be decided by poll like the last ones.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Is there any chance of the standalone HUDs being updated with the second batch of classes and fixed key positions?

If you don't know what I mean by the latter, the icons representing keys are just a pixel too low with Doom 2 and Final Doom's fullscreen huds, both in the standalone versions and the ones built into the mod. The AA and JPCP classes don't seem to have this problem, but with BTSX it's a little more complicated because it looks fine when actually played with the wad it's meant for, but in anything else the red and yellow key icons are off. I think the only way to fix it would be for the BTSX HUD to always show BTSX-style key icons regardless of the mapset, but then there wouldn't be a way to differentiate between skulls and cards if a map makes use of both.
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

lool i was looking for you SGT and i was thining you were BD author and i went to discord and everyone told me sarge was BANNED why was SARGE OF ALL PEOPLE BANNED
that was so hillierious that i mistook you!
can you please tell me what your real nick is there lmao
its so odd that BD author is banned here
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

You're making me confused as a dog doing a somersault for no reason. Why SGT. mark 4 all of a sudden?
Last edited by Captain J on Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shadstarn

Re: [V1] FINAL DOOMER

Post by shadstarn »

Jeimuzu73 wrote:I felt like Rambo when using the Plutonia set's machine guns, which is actually appropriate given the mapset's loose jungle theme. :chaingun:
im trying to make cosmetic mod die hard... you want to help?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

This isn't really the kind of thing you should be asking about in somebody else's project thread.
0mrcynic0
Location: The corner of "screw off" and "none of your business."

Post by 0mrcynic0 »

shadstarn wrote:lool i was looking for you SGT and i was thining you were BD author and i went to discord and everyone told me sarge was BANNED why was SARGE OF ALL PEOPLE BANNED
If you want to know why he's banned, Google's your friend. Please don't drag Voldemort in here and quit being annoying to everyone else.

Moving on, I'm excited about the possibility of new weapon sets for FINAL DOOMER in the future.
Gadosen

Post by Gadosen »

0mrcynic0 wrote:
shadstarn wrote:lool i was looking for you SGT and i was thining you were BD author and i went to discord and everyone told me sarge was BANNED why was SARGE OF ALL PEOPLE BANNED
If you want to know why he's banned, Google's your friend. Please don't drag Voldemort in here and quit being annoying to everyone else.

Moving on, I'm excited about the possibility of new weapon sets for FINAL DOOMER in the future.
LMAO I love how everyone refers to SgtMark as Voldemort around here :v
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Please stay on topic. If you're not here to talk about Final Doomer, find another thread.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

To anyone who might want to make a monster pack for FinalDoomer; make sure your monsters have Pain states longer than 1 tic. I doubt anyone would make a Pain state that short anyways, but if you do, hitting that monster with AAguy's Stasis Bow will not have the desired effect.

What happens instead? Hexen's Wendigo demonstrates.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1A-D_I ... pEu7uZrpx4
Totally not just doing this as practice for recording stuff with WebMCam
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

Excuse me for bumping this thread, but when you ever plan to implement the pistol/chaingun ammo settings, I'd like to take this idea a step further and would like to know what you think about a toggle to make the SGs and SSGs take seperate shells? I got this inspiration from Kinsie's SSG Balance Experiment Mutator, where the SSG uses green shotgun shells that randomly replace or spawn with regular shells and boxes.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

DabbingSquidward wrote:Excuse me for bumping this thread, but when you ever plan to implement the pistol/chaingun ammo settings, I'd like to take this idea a step further and would like to know what you think about a toggle to make the SGs and SSGs take seperate shells? I got this inspiration from Kinsie's SSG Balance Experiment Mutator, where the SSG uses green shotgun shells that randomly replace or spawn with regular shells and boxes.
nyet

Also, I did indeed get the ammo stuff you wanted done a while back, although it was a terrible crime to implement, so look forward to that, I guess.
IDKrisis

Post by IDKrisis »

I've run into a small problem with this mod. The Ancient Aliens weapons set features the Photon Sceptre in place of the rocket launcher. The light blasts it fires deal more damage the further they travel, but they are quite weak at shorter ranges. This doesn't work too well with the Ancient Aliens maps, though, as the levels often place rocket launchers and rockets in fairly confined areas, where large numbers of powerful enemies appear. Only the rocket launcher is powerful enough to take care of the enemies here before you're overwhelmed, but the photon sceptre is weaker in these situations. The difference isn't huge, but it still makes these areas a lot harder.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

IDKrisis wrote:The light blasts it fires deal more damage the further they travel, but they are quite weak at shorter ranges. This doesn't work too well with the Ancient Aliens maps, though, as the levels often place rocket launchers and rockets in fairly confined areas, where large numbers of powerful enemies appear.
The damage should be extremely similar at close range, amplifying beyond that at long range. I played AA non-stop while making this set, and never had any issue with the Scepter, it actually performed better than the vanilla RL due to the low self damage it does, as well as that sniping capacity.
namsan

Post by namsan »

Scepter is one of my favorite weapons in this mod.
Because it's very useful in long range and I haven't seen similar weapons in other games. :D

Return to “Gameplay Mods”