[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [2.1!] FINAL DOOMER PLUS

Post by Captain J »

The classes' identity might be ruined if their original weapons are being randomly changed, i guess.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

I kinda meant the class randomization kicking in, like in Samsara.

Nevermind, the "random" class thing in Samsara happens when the player dies, then starts the map over as a different class.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

I talked with Shivers, and I'll add a third option for the Katana's sheathing that allows you to use Altfire to sheathe it.
It's been pretty quiet lately. I guess I'm just used to the infinite bugs that a DRLA or LegenDoom release would come with, hahahaha. I keep expecting to wake up to a ton of screaming and bug reports, but I don't.
dljosef wrote:One last idea, but more concerning pistol starts: Is it possible for the classes to be randomly selected for each pistol start across those maps made for such starts?
I don't think such a thing is possible, sorry.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

FWIW: I've been mucking about with the mod in a few mapsets (the appropriate ones for each weapon set, ofc), and I've nothing to say thus far 'cept "whoa this shit is awesome". WIP feedback but there you go. :P
superdupertrooper

Post by superdupertrooper »

this is a really damn fun mod to play around with and by far my favourite class to play with is the aliens guy! though im not sure if this is a bug or not but the animation for pumping the rifle still happens even though i set it to recharge after shooting
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

superdupertrooper wrote:though im not sure if this is a bug or not but the animation for pumping the rifle still happens even though i set it to recharge after shooting
Not a bug, here's how it works.
After firing a strong shot, you'll need to pump the gun. It'll wait until you stop firing for it to happen, so it won't interrupt your attacks. You won't be able to fire another strong shot till it's pumped.
The menu options differences is that in one mode, the 30 second recharge starts the moment you fire the strong shot, and the second mode the 30 second recharge starts the moment you pump the gun.

The second mode is the "proper" way the gun works, but I made it so you can choose whichever one you like more.
DarkkOne
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Widnows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by DarkkOne »

Yholl wrote:I talked with Shivers, and I'll add a third option for the Katana's sheathing that allows you to use Altfire to sheathe it.
It's been pretty quiet lately. I guess I'm just used to the infinite bugs that a DRLA or LegenDoom release would come with, hahahaha. I keep expecting to wake up to a ton of screaming and bug reports, but I don't.
Thank you so much!

And yeah, I haven't experienced a single thing I've at least recognized as a bug. Of course, they could be all over the place, and we just think they're how things work, right?

This is a rock solid, polished mod. I basically always use it if I'm not explicitly playing a gameplay mod.
Last edited by DarkkOne on Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
superdupertrooper

Post by superdupertrooper »

ah thanks for clearing that up yholl
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

To make it up for the JPCP shotgun not being histcan and the lack of a real rocket launcher, would it be a bad idea if its projectiles had a bit of splash damage (only to the enemies, of course)?

Also, what if the grenades from the Plutonia grenade launcher had a reflection system, similar to that of the BTSX shotgun, to make it easier to hit enemies?

I thought a mod like MetaDoom did this with its grenades, if i remember it well.
Ikazu-san

Post by Ikazu-san »

Hmm, is it intentional that separate BFG ammo pickups give more charge than classic ones?
To gain an Illuminator shot, it takes 3 rocket boxes with new mode and 4 with old.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Mkay. I have been wondered, why the Amulets never seals lesser enemies like zombiemen and the imps? They never gets sealed upon death by the amulet. They rarely gets gibbed, though.

I guess only Chaingunners gets sealed because they're annoying? Sounds reasonable if you tell me.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

i believe the amulet seals the monsters within a random chance when they're under 30% health. And the card projectile is really strong, so it kills the baddies before they can turn into a card.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

is the Nanocore supposed to do something to the Machreaper? all the other guns have clearly distinct improvements, but i find the Machreaper just... doesn't.

on that note, is the X Cannon's projectiles supposed to turn completely useless once you lose sight of it? as soon as you get out of sight from the ball, all the glowy sparkles around it that does the actual damage just vanishes (also, is it supposed to be useless against boss enemies?)
Crimsondrgn

Post by Crimsondrgn »

Got a minor oddball error that doesn't seem to show up consistently.

The image and text on the description for JPCP's pistol goes derp, with the image becoming a red A, and the text just reading FD_PLUT_INFO.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

whatup876 wrote:lack of a real rocket launcher
fite me
Ikazu-san wrote:Hmm, is it intentional that separate BFG ammo pickups give more charge than classic ones?
To gain an Illuminator shot, it takes 3 rocket boxes with new mode and 4 with old.
They should be the same...
Bear in mind that the BFG charge system is not as simple as "pick up X ammo pickups".

When you pickup any BFG ammo, it gives you X amount of generic "BFG Charge". Then, it converts that BFG Charge into player specific BFG Charge, like the Plutonia BFG Charge.
When you get 75 of that, which is the amount the Plut BFG uses, it gives you one ammo for it, and resets the specific charge to 0, and then continues converting any more generic BFG Charge.

So basically, you probably had some left over charge.
Captain J wrote:Mkay. I have been wondered, why the Amulets never seals lesser enemies like zombiemen and the imps? They never gets sealed upon death by the amulet.
Limitation, really. The Amulet hits them for 30 damage, and then checks to see if they are under 30% health. But they're already super ded, so no sealing happens. You can see this if you weaken an Imp somewhat before trying to seal them.
Princess Viscra Maelstrom wrote:is the Nanocore supposed to do something to the Machreaper? all the other guns have clearly distinct improvements, but i find the Machreaper just... doesn't.
It uses 2 ammo instead of 3. I guess you didn't notice that, heh.
Princess Viscra Maelstrom wrote:on that note, is the X Cannon's projectiles supposed to turn completely useless once you lose sight of it? as soon as you get out of sight from the ball, all the glowy sparkles around it that does the actual damage just vanishes (also, is it supposed to be useless against boss enemies?)
ffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Well, at least I got my wish of more bugs to fix. I know exactly what's happening there and it's entirely because i am smrat

Also it's the most anti-boss weapon in the entire mod, bar none.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”