[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
RikohZX

Re: [V1] FINAL DOOMER

Post by RikohZX »

Apparently attempting to use TNTGuy's BFG equivalent crashed GZDoom for me. But otherwise interesting stuff, though I prefer PLUT's gear over TNT's.
Especially the Plasma Rifle replacement.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Zombie Jesus, this is good.

I couldn't be less than amused.

But of course, i'm a annoying nitpicker, so:

- How do i use the shotgun scope on plutonia set? Or the Missle launcher scope on TNT?
- Casings should bounce a little little little more.
- How the Halderman device works?
- TNT's Burst Shotgun is all the way better than the SPAS in terms of speed, so, is there anything that differs them? (haven't opened the file yet)

This is awesome. You guys are excellent.

BTW, BFG9000 from doomguy works fine on my side here. What lags my Celeron(R) (Not too hard, huh) is the fucking Maser. I have to put it on Toaster to make it work...
Last edited by Dr_Cosmobyte on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MasoGuy
Location: Walking the Earth (There was no more room in hell...)

Post by MasoGuy »

I don't know what's up with the Halderman Device I honestly can't figure our if its not working, or I'm not using it correctly, or I have done something horribly wrong, or all three.

Aside from that this mod is rad. I'd say you succeeded with balancing the kits around themselves, the weapons also sound and feel good to use.

Oh I figured it out, its not a weapon but a utility item or at least its not a weapon yet, seems to have an alt-fire that switches between a night vision mode (yellow), a radiation suit mode (green), and defense although I still don't know what impact this particular one has). I feel like I wasn't able to switch modes initially though, or I didn't check that's very possible.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Oh, i see. Well, hope they add it in. :D
Overlord

Post by Overlord »

the fists are a bit op i think
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

Been enjoying the Plutonia weapons so far, the scope shotgun is ironically more inaccurate than the vanilla shotgun though, and it feels like it fires a little slower, so the SSG completely outclasses it in every way. The small and heavy machineguns are great to use as well.

Oh and yeah, infinite pistol ammo is always a big plus to me
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

floatRand wrote:The BFG of TNTGuy seems bit weird. How does it work?
It's basically a BFG spray without the BFG ball, and with a smaller set damage for each ray instead of randomized damage. Find a crowd and hold down fire till they don't exist anymore.
DoomRater wrote:What's that chainsaw replacement for TNTGUY do? Does it block/reflect attacks?
The Halderman Device is a three mod non-weapon, that gives you a boost while active. It'll either give you 90% damage reduction, protection from hurt floors, or light up the level, depending on the mode, obviously.
SiFi270 wrote:Now I may not be the champion of laying Icons of Sin to waste, but when I checked to see how well TNTguy fared against TNT's version of the boss, I couldn't land a single hit on Romero
The TNT icon is a jerk. He's got a long very small tube that leads way back to Romero, and there's also a door that blocks it until you do something. You have to be at the right height and the right angle, or you'll just have endless trouble.
GAA1992 wrote:How do i use the shotgun scope on plutonia set? Or the Missle launcher scope on TNT?
Apart from the pistols and Halderman device, no weapons have altfires. There are no actual scopes.
GAA1992 wrote:Casings should bounce a little little little more.
otay, I'll see what I can do.
GAA1992 wrote:TNT's Burst Shotgun is all the way better than the SPAS in terms of speed, so, is there anything that differs them? (haven't opened the file yet)
The SPAS has a completely fixed spread, with the middle shot always doing maximum damage. The tightness allows you to hit most enemies with every single pellet, even at medium range.
Overlord wrote:the fists are a bit op i think
ur face is op
Combine_Kegan wrote:the scope shotgun is ironically more inaccurate than the vanilla shotgun though
goddamn it I'm confiscating your emojis for slander
Baratus
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Baratus »

Yholl, between this, DoomRLA and LegenDoom, you're currently my favourite modder right now.

I was just expecting these to be mere weapon skins that would be exclusive to their respective level sets but it's good that you can pick either set from the beginning, and I expect that they would play well with any other Vanilla megaWAD. Just got through most of Plutonia with the PlutDoom weapons and blazed all the way through to MAP26 in record time. The spritework is fantastic and adhere brilliantly to the aesthetic of their respective mapsets, and every weapon has its own distinct appeal, although I do have my own preferences as to their overall effectiveness and which variants I prefer:
Spoiler:
I will post an update once I have tried out the TNT weapon variants, and the modified stock Doom II variants.

EDIT: Had a quick go through TNT and while I've always liked the tech-base/urban environments that the levels had, it's definitely far from my favourite level pack. With that said, the weapons do a lot to make the megaWAD feel more interesting and harmonise with the levels, but I largely prefer the Plut varieties of the weapons, with the exception of the Maser which feels much more effective and satisfying to use than the Plut variant and the fist because I LOVE THE PUNCH COMBO. As for the standard varieties, I like the smooth animations for the weapons as they appear in DoomRLA and how they make for a good flavour mod while not changing much about the original weapon set, and I like how all of the weapon variants contrast in an interesting way. Good work!
Last edited by Baratus on Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

Very fun to play.

Nice little tribute to Ty there.
Overlord

Post by Overlord »

Yholl wrote:ur face is op
thanks
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

I would like to announce that I did NOT blow myself up the first time i fired the grenade launcher.
This is not a lie.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Relax man, i did it too. The grenade gone apeshit and started bouncing all over.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

Now I want to incorporate vauge screaming into all of my weapon sounds. That's what the grenade exploding constantly reminds me of.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Baratus wrote:I'm not a fan of the HMG though. It feels... flimsy. I had to set the visual recoil to 50% because it was making me dizzy, and having 0% recoil made the weapons feel weaker, but I think that the lower damage and firerate of the HMG makes it a real downgrade from the standard Plasma Rifle, considering the severe recoil can be considered a trade off for the hitscan attack. It never seems to trigger a monster's painstate, which can be fatal against Revenants, Archviles and Chaingunners which you can expect to be fighting all in the same crowd, as they number in the gajillions within Plutonia.
I agree with this stuff. I was thinking of making it so firing the HMG shakes the screen instead of knocking the view. Might give it a damage buff too.
Baratus wrote: The Plut chainsaw is... weird? And I feel like the device was used to slice pizzas rather than shred demons. The horizontal facing sawblade realistically slides off demon bodies making it hard to control and I didn't find it all that viable as a chainsaw replacement.
Dunno what you mean by the sliding, I'll have to check that out.
Baratus wrote: And wtf is up with those option menus? I joke, of course. :P Overall A fine weapon set for a merry old bullet hell safari of death.
Yeah, I only checked them out recently and tbh they're kinda hard to figure out. I might get Yholl to change some of them.
Baratus wrote: EDIT: Had a quick go through TNT and while I've always liked the tech-base/urban environments that the levels had, it's definitely far from my favourite level pack. With that said, the weapons do a lot to make the megaWAD feel more interesting and harmonise with the levels, but I largely prefer the Plut varieties of the weapons, with the exception of the Maser which feels much more effective and satisfying to use than the Plut variant and the fist because I LOVE THE PUNCH COMBO. As for the standard varieties, I like the smooth animations for the weapons as they appear in DoomRLA and how they make for a good flavour mod while not changing much about the original weapon set, and I like how all of the weapon variants
contrast in an interesting way. Good work!
The punch combo is pretty sick, I like it a lot too. Glad you enjoyed the mod!

---

Also, v1.1! Yholl updated some stuff, but after reading thorugh the thread I might ask him to make a couple more changes.
P.S. Hypothetically, if we were to make a weapon set for another megawad, which one would you guys choose?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: [V1.1] FINAL DOOMER

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Allow me to answer, Shivers?

Icarus : Alien Vanguard. I just love that shit.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”