[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
I'mSorry
Operating System Version (Optional): Pop!_OS 22.04 LTS
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: [3.2!] FINAL DOOMER +

Post by I'mSorry »

Yholl wrote:
I'mSorry wrote:BUG #1: The first bug happens when "keep weapons" is off.
Yeah, the entire weapon system was made in a way that would not work with that.
I'mSorry wrote:BUG #2: Guns do not carry from previous levels unless "keep weapons" is on. This also really breaks the game in general because of the obvious reason that weapons are supposed to carry on from previous levels. This issue is really annoying considering that you have to get every weapon once again when you start a new map from the previously exited map.The bug persists in a singleplayer or multiplayer game.
That doesn't sound like it has anything to do with Final Doomer.
I'mSorry wrote:BUG #3: The last issue is another big annoyance as well. The setting "items respawn" does not work no matter if it's turned on or off. This issue also persists in a singleplayer or multiplayer game.
I'll look into it, but I doubt I can do anything about it.
I'mSorry wrote:EDIT: So I found what was causing the issues, and it's something that can't be fixed by anyone other than by the dev of FINAL DOOMER.
Yeah, that's not happening, sorry.

I'm sorry you're having so many issues with this, but this was designed for most general playstyles, and I can't account for absolutely everything players might decide to do with it. I already run myself ragged trying to add no mouselook autoaim to railguns and adding ammo pickup sliders to items and pistol ammo useage/reload useage options and all kinds of things.
You've done so much already with the creation of this mod. When I said that the bugs I found were something only the devs could fix, I didn't mean to com across as asking for the fix, you know be THAT guy, and I'm sorry for that.

Well some aren't really bugs, if I had just played it with the intended GZdoom version (what I do now) some of those issues wouldn't be a thing.

I wouldn't want you to overdo things with this stuff, you are human after all and you already work yourself ragged.
Thanks for the great mod and thanks for your reply, looking forward to more of your work.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

ToxicMasculinity wrote:Would you be willing to change the weapon behaviors so that when you try to fire a weapon that is completely out of ammo, it will automatically switch to the next available weapon?
Unfortunately, that's not something that can be toggled, otherwise I'd be more than happy to.
I'mSorry wrote:You've done so much already with the creation of this mod. When I said that the bugs I found were something only the devs could fix, I didn't mean to com across as asking for the fix, you know be THAT guy, and I'm sorry for that.
No need to apologize at all, I didn't mean to make it sound like what you asked was bad, sorry about that.
Xterra
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win7 SP1 / Tiny10 dualboot
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Xterra »

Does anyone else have an issue with AV's plasma rifle replacement *never* doing damage to enemies? I mean, I can tweak my copy to fix, if needed, I'm just wondering if anyone else had that problem.
I run this on the latest GZ version, if that means anything.

EDIT: It's got something to do with the autoaim fix, I think. Commenting out three lines in the relevant weapon's definition relating to calling the autoaim check script (lines 54-56 in ./DECORATE/AlienVendetta/plasmarifle.dec) resulted in the weapon functioning correctly, but it completely negates the "autoaim fix". What happens on my end, with the DECORATE file unadulterated, is that the gun fires all the zero-damage rail attacks and puffs and otherwise functions normally, but doesn't fire the rail that actually does the damage.

I realize the mod ain't designed around GZ 4.2+, so, I ain't gon' be "that guy" and demand a fix. I'm still led to wonder if the subsequent changes to the autoaim system since GZ 2.1ish toss a wrench in the works for the autoaim "shenanigans". I personally can deal with the autoaim not applying to the weapon, but it's a slash-and-burn fix on my end.
CyborgParrot

Post by CyborgParrot »

It would be cool to see a Doom 2016/Doom Eternal-style Weapons Set later on if this is still being continued.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Xterra wrote:I realize the mod ain't designed around GZ 4.2+, so, I ain't gon' be "that guy" and demand a fix.
I try to make sure the very latest GZ works fine while maintaining 2.1.1 functionality. This railgun will be the death of me, I swear. LET'S SEE HOW ITS BROKEN THIS TIME
CyborgParrot wrote:It would be cool to see a Doom 2016/Doom Eternal-style Weapons Set later on if this is still being continued.
We make weaponsets for mapsets, not other games that have their own weapons.
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

Just a quick note to say that I really like this mod and it's become a staple of playing Doom for me. In part becuase I'm not that well versed when it comes to what popular maps are and this gives me a neat "Things to play" list, in part because I really like the 'Vanilla, but with a twist!' feel that these weapons give.

So basically
Hey, you're cool! Thank you for being cool. Please keep on being cool :)
Xterra
Operating System Version (Optional): Win7 SP1 / Tiny10 dualboot

Post by Xterra »

Yholl wrote:I try to make sure the very latest GZ works fine while maintaining 2.1.1 functionality. This railgun will be the death of me, I swear. LET'S SEE HOW ITS BROKEN THIS TIME
In my experience, railguns are the FUCKIEST THINGS to get working right if you want anything other than "it shoots a pretty particle trail and maybe leaves a burn mark or a bullethole on the wall".
Assign a puff? Clips into the wall *every time*.
Fire bullets instead? The trajectory won't match if you've got any kind of inaccuracy coded in.
Actor replacement for the particles, with dynamic lights? Bye-bye, framerate!
Dynamic lights *without* actor replacement? A kludge-and-a-half, but it IS doable. FastProjectiles with trails are your friend there.

Yholl, the mods I've made and worked on are nowhere near as ambitious as those you and Sarge have worked on, but trust me-- I feel your pain there.
Smashhacker

Post by Smashhacker »

It appears that Final Doomer + doesn't have Lexicon support since it doesn't spawn the map selection weapon that chooses the megawad in the hub area, which is a shame since Lexicon has most of the megawads that the Final Doomer classes are based off of.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

That's honestly Lexicon's fault for becoming less mod compatible with every update.
OuroBoroS
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by OuroBoroS »

I'm surprised this doesn't have a Satanic Pirate arsenal for a Community Chest Guy.
Been trying it out recently, very good variety and the weapons feel amazing!
Alptraum
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Alptraum »

Are you guys planning more maps for future updates? For example, Icarus Alien Vendetta or Sunlust...
Alptraum
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Alptraum »

I have another question. Why hitscanners don't use FinalDoomer weapons?

For instance, why shotgunners in JPCP won't shoot with Neutron Pulsers? That's a bit unimmersive, don't you think?
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

Alptraum wrote:I have another question. Why hitscanners don't use FinalDoomer weapons?

For instance, why shotgunners in JPCP won't shoot with Neutron Pulsers? That's a bit unimmersive, don't you think?
1. I'm pretty sure that Final Doomer is planned to be weapons only, so that's not part of the design choices.
2. oh BOY i sure do love when shotgunners use the btsx shotgun to hit me behind cover!!!!!1!
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Yeah... Imagine playing Whitemare class and all the hitscanners pack that stuff. Enjoy spending pretty much all of the first few maps ON FIRE...
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Can't blame the people who craves more challenge and the high pace of difficulty. But i really hope someone would make addon out of it. Might be effective than suggesting.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”