[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
tchkb

Re: [2.4] FINAL DOOMER +

Post by tchkb »

Is this supposed to be an acceptable gameplay adjustment?
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Seems about right considering you haven't given any context or details, just 4 minutes of you blowing up shit with the X-Spark Cannon and Heavy Pulse Cannon.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Tesculpture wrote:Fun and well polished mod! My only concern is that it needs some mapset-specific monster replacements to complement it - it kind of breaks the immersion when you're the only person on Saturn X using an arsenal of purely energy weapons...

Some ideas I had:
-BTSX zombies are dressed like 'Red Shirts' from Star Trek
If there's a particular mapset that's going to have red shirt zombies, it should be Icarus. The whole theme of that mapset is just plain retro-scifi. BTSX can have some cybernetic enemies and zombies with power armors. Or just plain killer robots.
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

well
WHY do you need a scope on a gun that is close quarters anyway? never seen that in my life

it would be nice to have the choice to reload nd mange ammo because to me it adds depth to the game but i understand its not easy to implement
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

can you fix the annoying shotgun aim on the shotgun of evolution? its annoying me as it has for years it looks bad... no offense please help .... it lokos so distracting
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

The scoped shotgun has a way better spread than the vanilla shotgun, because of its scope. If you read the beginning of the thread, somebody already talked about that w/ Yholl and Shivers.

I don't mean to be rude or do the Moderators work, but you seem to insist on some topics.
Last edited by Dr_Cosmobyte on Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

shadstarn wrote:can you fix the annoying shotgun aim on the shotgun of evolution? its annoying me as it has for years it looks bad... no offense please help .... it lokos so distracting
That aim is the entire point of the weapon dude, try a different weapon set if you don't like that one!
shadstarn wrote:well
WHY do you need a scope on a gun that is close quarters anyway? never seen that in my life
Scoped shotguns are often used in hunting, so I thought it would fit the more natural/jungle themes of plutonia.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

shadstarn wrote:it would be nice to have the choice to reload nd mange ammo because to me it adds depth to the game but i understand its not easy to implement
Nobody cares whether it "adds depth" for you or not. For the millionth time, stop asking for reloading!!

Our patience is starting to run thin with you. You either stop harassing modders with this reload stuff and start improving the quality of your posts, or you might see yourself banned.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

@Sgt. Shivers I don't want to sound like I want to impose something, but I'm genuinely curious about your and Yholl's stance regarding my suggestion on the previous page about limited pistol ammo. :)
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

DabbingSquidward wrote:@Sgt. Shivers I don't want to sound like I want to impose something, but I'm genuinely curious about your and Yholl's stance regarding my suggestion on the previous page about limited pistol ammo. :)
Maybe as a CVAR? We have like 3 different BFG ammo modes so I'm sure we could take a poke at it.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

:D
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

DabbingSquidward wrote:@Sgt. Shivers I don't want to sound like I want to impose something, but I'm genuinely curious about your and Yholl's stance regarding my suggestion on the previous page about limited pistol ammo. :)
Yeah, I just hadn't gotten to answering you yet. My answer is the same as Shivers, definitely could be something we can poke at.
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

i appologize if my posts come out cloned its because the way the forum accepts or rejects my posts and its confusing for me ...

the evolution shotgun aim.... its not that i dont want it its just too fat it has this huge round graphcis on it that makes very disturbing to me...takes too much attention.. it needs slimming down.. why is it round and flatt in the middle...i know it was made to create the illusion of curve but it just looks like a round piece of iron or steel
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

so i changed to recharge after firing and there is a bug - if you keep shooting btsx pulse rifle until it glows again player will pump it
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

shadstarn wrote:i appologize if my posts come out cloned its because the way the forum accepts or rejects my posts and its confusing for me ...

the evolution shotgun aim.... its not that i dont want it its just too fat it has this huge round graphcis on it that makes very disturbing to me...takes too much attention.. it needs slimming down.. why is it round and flatt in the middle...i know it was made to create the illusion of curve but it just looks like a round piece of iron or steel
Learn to mod, replace sprites. Problem solved.
It isn't hard. Just try.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”