[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Yholl

Re: [POLL RESULTS!] FINAL DOOMER

Post by Yholl »

Ikazu-san wrote:What, no! I'm talking about something like lil' battery spawning along cell/big ammo pickups. So you can get the shells without worrying about wasting potential BFG shots or vice versa.
Unless it was initial choice to not let us do that, in which case mail me directly into med bay.
I suppose I should explain the BFG ammo mechanic.

There's two modes, which determine which ammo pickups give BFG ammo, either all large ammo pickups, or all cell ammo pickups.

What happens is when you pick these up, they increase a counter by a certain amount depending on what ammo it is. When the counter reaches the maximum for that type of BFG, it gives you a single shot for your BFG.
The different BFGs have different amounts they must reach, depending on the power of the shot. For instance, the TNT BFG, being rapidfire, will actually give you multiple shots from cellpacks, bypassing the counter system completely.

I mean, I could transfer this mechanic to little seperate ammo boxes, but then a lot of the time you'd be picking up items that have no discernable effect.

A point for it, however, would certainly be that you would no longer waste either BFG or cell/large ammo if you are full on one or the other anymore.

If you want it, we can certainly add such an ammo system for you. It's easy for us to do.
Baratus
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Baratus »

What?!! You mean this mod is looking to get another THREE whole new weapon sets in the next update? Hot damn! I missed the poll back when it was up but I'm certainly hyped for the new sets that we'll be getting.

I like that the Plut HMG finally got the buff it needed to feel like a slot 6 weapon instead of a bulky, shaky chaingun. I'm a bit sad to see the Plut SSG's ROF increase taken away but it's for the best - you gotta have a reason to use the other weapons in the set, right? It still feels very punchy and gratifying to use, especially on those tough Plutonia levels. Works great in Plutonia 2, too! Also the sprite offset fixes for the Nade Launcher and HMG make them feel better to use even thought it's just a small adjustment.

Keep going Yholl, you beautiful man! Looking forward to seeing the latest of Shivers' spritework too!
Agitatio
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Agitatio »

Is it possible to make TNT Plasma Rifle equivalent work with autoaim?

Edit: Apparently it works with autoaim, but not when it's set to simple mode.

Edit2: For some reason I still get BFG charges when picking up big ammo as TNTguy, even though my setting is set to cell-based.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Baratus wrote:I missed the poll back when it was up but I'm certainly hyped for the new sets that we'll be getting!
Well... there wasn't really much of a poll... it was totally impromptu, people just started piling on, and then it just grew from there. It was unexpected. Somehow, we even came up with a structure for it... everyone would comment on what kind of weapon sets they wanted to see.

On a different topic, now I feel this whole idea of creating weapon sets for different megawads is like coming up with gijinkas. It's like they're personifying the aesthetics and feel of each megawad... which, I gotta say, is really badass. :D

I can't begin to tell you how it was such a shame that we would get these amazing maps, and yet it just seemed to be the same weapons and strategies over and over again... so this is a major solution to that problem... :D
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Question, if you plan on making more weapon sets based on other non-Id maps, wouldn't that warrant a name change for the MOD?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

DoomKrakken wrote:Well... there wasn't really much of a poll... it was totally impromptu, people just started piling on, and then it just grew from there. It was unexpected. Somehow, we even came up with a structure for it... everyone would comment on what kind of weapon sets they wanted to see.
The hell are you even talking about?

I posted a list of maps, and told people to list the three mapsets they wanted guns for the most. You make it sound like I just randomly decided to unleash anarchy on the thread at some point.
The entire thing was structured.
Valherran wrote:Question, if you plan on making more weapon sets based on other non-Id maps, wouldn't that warrant a name change for the MOD?
I don't see why. Plutonia and TNT are the basis of the mod still, I don't see the point in changing the name just because it has some extra things now.

EDIT:
Grigori wrote:For some reason I still get BFG charges when picking up big ammo as TNTguy, even though my setting is set to cell-based.
Found it, Ammo boxes and Shell Boxes didn't have the correct check, the others were fine. Fixed. Thanks!
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Yholl wrote:
DoomKrakken wrote:Well... there wasn't really much of a poll... it was totally impromptu, people just started piling on, and then it just grew from there. It was unexpected. Somehow, we even came up with a structure for it... everyone would comment on what kind of weapon sets they wanted to see.
The hell are you even talking about?

I posted a list of maps, and told people to list the three mapsets they wanted guns for the most. You make it sound like I just randomly decided to unleash anarchy on the thread at some point.
The entire thing was structured.
Ah.........

Then clearly I missed something too. XD

Sorry...

I wasn't saying you instigated this... I thought other people just so happened to bring in ideas for weapon sets for other megawads that they wanted to see. And then you guys thought it was a cool idea and decided to pick it up.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

Back to Ancient Final Doomer: Japan Edition

Edit: Final Back to Ancient Japan: The Doomer
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

the correct title for a name-change is Shivers Doom.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

No, no... y'all got it all wrong.

It's gotta be PanDOOMonium. :D

(*shot*)
Spoiler: OK, HERE'S THE LEGIT SERIOUS ANSWER.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:the correct title for a name-change is Shivers Doom.
Shivers Dyhoom.
MasterOfPuppets86

Post by MasterOfPuppets86 »

"All the Doom's a gun"?
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

clearly there should be a COMICGUY set
Spoiler:
Deii

Post by Deii »

What about Happy Doom Experience? Or Multi-armed Doomer?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

RikohZX wrote:clearly there should be a COMICGUY set
Spoiler:
LOL I would love to see another interpretation for the comic set... :D

But you're so right! Brutal Doom really did go that route... :D

Return to “Gameplay Mods”