[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Viscra Maelstrom

Re: [V1.1] FINAL DOOMER

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

oh yeah, if we're throwing votes in for this, either Eternal Doom or Equinox for me would be cool to see; Eternal Doom could have a weird set of cybernetic and magic weapons, while Equinox having sleek state-of-the-art weapons, some of them of alien design.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:while Equinox having sleek state-of-the-art weapons, some of them of alien design.
As long as something cool can be made of its existing partial weapon replacement (especially the double-chainguns!), I'm all for it.
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

That titlepic is giving me the hot sweats. I also really love the Quake-style square particle effects on the explosions.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

I wonder what weapons Icarus would get?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

80's Cyberpunk weaponry with unnecessarily awesome red-and-blue lights? Just my thought!
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

I think the pistol would be replaced by a laser blaster.
Viscra Maelstrom

Icarus would probably work with a bunch of sci-fi laser weapons and that sort of thing.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:the HMG seems a bit underpowered. or at least, they seem ineffective on cyberdemons, as it took literally hundreds of shots to sink one of them down, which is a bit of a problem when playing Plutonia... either a slight damage-boost, or have the large ammo boxes give 150 or 175 ammo perhaps? on that note, the recoil is waaaay too much. if it had half the amount of recoil it does now, it would be more tolerable.
Mmm, I'll increase the damage and reduce the recoil on it. The Doom 2 Plasma Rifle does 5-40, the Plutonia HMG does 20-30, I figured that would make it more consistent but still fairly inline with the palsma raffle, but I guess the accuracy drops that a lot.
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:the Power Saw is very finicky to use, since you slide all over a target when coming in contact with it, which often leads to you getting trapped by a wall of pinkies. a bit less slippy-sliding around would be appreciated.
I'll remove the chainsaw-style movement on hit stuff completely, so it'll be similar to a bullet weapon.
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:the missile launcher seems a bit weaker compared to the vanilla RL? maybe it's to compensate for the faster projectile speed?
The TNT launcher does 30-90 impact damage, while the Doom 2 launcher does 100. The vanilla RL does 20-160 impact damage.
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:you can't pick up radsuits when using the radiation part of the Halderman Device. this is also just a minor complaint, but it's something i noticed.
Completely intentional to the point that I had to make stupid hax just to get that to work. Why the hell would you want a radsuit when you are already protected like a radsuit?
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:the Mazer is waaaaay too framerate intensive. shooting it over even medium-sized distances makes the framerate drop quickly.
Then turn on Simple Maser mode you steam-powered gorilla
I will eeeennndddd yoooooouuuu

When it comes to doing more stuff, we'll probably put up a poll of a whole bunch of megawads, and the three with the most votes will be the next ones we make. Probably won't be anytime soon though, because we got a ton of crap we still gotta do on other stuff.
Lime

Post by Lime »

Yholl wrote:When it comes to doing more stuff, we'll probably put up a poll of a whole bunch of megawads, and the three with the most votes will be the next ones we make. Probably won't be anytime soon though, because we got a ton of crap we still gotta do on other stuff.
- Sounds interesting. I love playing Doom Megawads alot anyways.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Some ideas for other megawads' arsenals:
  • Epic 1/2 - a mix between Egyptian-themed and sci-fi weaponry like in Powerslave and Serious Sam.
  • Hellbound - urban-styled weaponry with hellish design influences (like in Saints Row: Gat out of Hell).
  • Whitemare 1/2 - polar-themed weaponry like in Winter's Fury.
  • Memento Mori 1/2 - old-school style with a black-red color theme.
The list goes on but at least the possibilities are endless.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

I had a crack at this, and it's pretty good for being a simple MOD. The only thing I saw that could use some tweaking that hasn't been addressed is the pump shotgun on Plutoniaguy and Doomguy. Plutoniaguy's shotgun has a scope on it, so I kinda expected this to be a hunting shotgun, maybe tighten the spread more for use of long range? Doomguy's shotgun could use a small ROF increase to compete with the other 2. Other than that, those changes plus the ones you have planned would make the weapons pretty much perfect for both Doom 1 and Doom 2.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I'll throw another suggestion for a megawad out there...

Back To Saturn X. :D

Another close second could be Hellbound. What if it had an Unmaker there?
Viscra Maelstrom

okay, so it seems i was wrong with the casings thing slightly. if one of the new sprites stand on just the edge of some geometry, like one of the steps of a staircase, whatever terrain below it goes bonkers and will constantly make sounds, and in the case of liquid terrain, splashes. so it's not a case of empty casings going splishy-splashy all the time, but the new pickup sprites doing it.
nakkemake

Post by nakkemake »

I like the feeling of the weapons. Too bad there were so few of them. :D Nice mod.
Viscra Maelstrom

oh yeah, the invulnerability sphere doesn't make any sounds when being picked up.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”