[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Re: [AA/BTSX PREVIEWS!] FINAL DOOMER

Post by chronoteeth »

Slax wrote:If only we'd get some more previews.
Spoiler: Sigh
that ssg
MasoGuy
Location: Walking the Earth (There was no more room in hell...)

Post by MasoGuy »

Oh my stars and garters!
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Spoiler: Prison made me a better man
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

BTSXGuy's arsenal looks like a modern remake of wildweasel's Batteries Not Included mod, which is kinda awesome. AAGuy's arsenal also looks pretty impressive.
Also, why not call them Saturnguy or Ancientguy respectively? BTSXGuy and AAGuy sound a bit awkward.
As for JPCPGuy (or Japanguy), will there be a samurai theme with a katana as well as a gun which shoots shurikens (and lightning)? :mrgreen:
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Jeimuzu73 wrote:Also, why not call them Saturnguy or Ancientguy respectively? BTSXGuy and AAGuy sound a bit awkward.
Well, he's actually AliensGuy, not AAGuy. I dunno about SaturnGuy though, I'll talk to Shivers about it, I'm quite happy with ButtSexGuy for now.
Jeimuzu73 wrote:As for JPCPGuy (or Japanguy), will there be a samurai theme with a katana as well as a gun which shoots shurikens (and lightning)? :mrgreen:
Haha, only slightly. JPCP Guy is a high-tech youkai assassin, armed with fancy modern weapons that are combined with traditional mystic anti-youkai stuff. And yes, a katana, because yes.
Jabronii-chan

Post by Jabronii-chan »

Replacing Plutoniaguys weaponset with "Final Doomers Plutonia Weapons but actually good" when?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

THAT JUST GORGEOUS! These guys are sure nice and gentle to mangle some demons down, i see.
Yholl wrote:And yes, a katana, because yes.
Because we like sword. That's a personal weapon.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Jabronii-chan wrote:Replacing Plutoniaguys weaponset with "Final Doomers Plutonia Weapons but actually good" when?
what, you want ALL the weapons to cause screenshake and have muzzleflashes the size of the sun? Sure if you want!
Crimsondrgn

Post by Crimsondrgn »

Wait, if there's any intent on covering all the official stuff, would there eventually be PSXGuy and N64Guy for the Consolation Prize versions of PSXDoom and N64 Doom?

I feel like N64Guy would be easier to do because of all the N64 weapon sprites already being there, PSXGuy seems like he would need all new stuff though, maybe slightly worn down and older looking versions of the stock weapons to match the more grim tone?

I could also fully understand why you wouldn't go for these, since you already did two weapon sets for official stuff and might want to break from that for a while.
Last edited by Crimsondrgn on Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Jabronii-chan wrote:Replacing Plutoniaguys weaponset with "Final Doomers Plutonia Weapons but actually good" when?
Prototype Quantum Accelerator says hi.
MasoGuy
Location: Walking the Earth (There was no more room in hell...)

Post by MasoGuy »

Yholl wrote:
Jeimuzu73 wrote:Also, why not call them Saturnguy or Ancientguy respectively? BTSXGuy and AAGuy sound a bit awkward.
Well, he's actually AliensGuy, not AAGuy. I dunno about SaturnGuy though, I'll talk to Shivers about it, I'm quite happy with ButtSexGuy for now.
Jeimuzu73 wrote:As for JPCPGuy (or Japanguy), will there be a samurai theme with a katana as well as a gun which shoots shurikens (and lightning)? :mrgreen:
Haha, only slightly. JPCP Guy is a high-tech youkai assassin, armed with fancy modern weapons that are combined with traditional mystic anti-youkai stuff. And yes, a katana, because yes.
But does he deathbomb?
MasterOfPuppets86

Post by MasterOfPuppets86 »

Yholl wrote:such disappoint wow

They are not anime styled at all.
Well, guess you guys lost the weeaboo audience.
Spoiler:
Jabronii-chan

Post by Jabronii-chan »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:
what, you want ALL the weapons to cause screenshake and have muzzleflashes the size of the sun? Sure if you want!
I want to be blind after one muzzle flash. Make it happen
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

How about a gun that shoot incredibly strong flashbangs that not even Sunglasses protect from that?
Gez

Post by Gez »

Having looked at the last two videos, I feel like the BTSX and AA arsenals would make more sense swapped. Fancy neon zappers really fit the AA aesthetics a lot more than the kinda subdued and rusty BTSX aesthetics.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”