[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Boondorl

Re: [3.2!] FINAL DOOMER +

Post by Boondorl »

Here's a fuller solution for my previous reply since I really should've just done that:
Spoiler:
I haven't tested it but I'm hoping this will fix any and all pitch problems. If someone is getting the opposite pitch, swap the toggle. One of them has to work since a number can only be positive or negative. :P

Edit: Come to think of it, I might be misremembering. It might've been that negative pitch values given to A_RailAttack aimed upwards in older versions while it aims downward in newer ones. If you find that the compat flag toggle is backwards with my above solution replace this line:

Code: Select all

int result = (pitch + GetActorPitch(0)) * 360;
with this:

Code: Select all

int result = -(pitch + GetActorPitch(0)) * 360;
Zaratul

Post by Zaratul »

Found a bug: when you shoot Hellbound minigun sometimes bullets are attaching to wall and not dissapearing, making constant noise. Bug appears with and without modern GZDoom compatibility.
Also i dont want to sound like a broken record but if You add mugshot above health and berserk indicator FD HUD will be perfect.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Zaratul wrote:Also i dont want to sound like a broken record but if You add mugshot above health and berserk indicator FD HUD will be perfect.
There already is a berserk indicator.
elCreyo
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/Windows 10

Post by elCreyo »

Which item visuals toggle is best for performance?
SAmik37
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by SAmik37 »

I don't know if anyone suggested this already. But what about idea to make also custom monsters?.. Keep them same but with re-skins (Or if you want you can make custom AI for them too), so monsters design fit to weapons-sets more. This can be kinda cool.
merlin86
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by merlin86 »

I'm playing right now the new version and it's a blast.
TNT Revilution with the fire weapons guy (Whitemare?) and it's fun as hell.
I've tried the other new classes, too, and they're pretty good too.
This wad became a must have in my autoload of gzdoom configuration :)

My top 3 favourites are:
3) TNT Guy
2) Whitemare guy
1) Hellbound guy (the BFG replacement is really powerful :) )
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

elCreyo wrote:Which item visuals toggle is best for performance?
If you're playing singleplayer, the default or Generic are both equally good.
If you're playing multiplayer, Generic is the best.

Final Doomer's default dynamic setting creates item visuals according to what player classes are ingame, so in singleplayer it'll have the same impact as generic!
SAmik37 wrote:I don't know if anyone suggested this already. But what about idea to make also custom monsters?.. Keep them same but with re-skins (Or if you want you can make custom AI for them too), so monsters design fit to weapons-sets more. This can be kinda cool.
Monsters are a huge amount of work. For instance, the Spider Mastermind is about 52 sprites, and they're pretty big too.
SpaceyStrife

Post by SpaceyStrife »

SAmik37 wrote:I don't know if anyone suggested this already. But what about idea to make also custom monsters?.. Keep them same but with re-skins (Or if you want you can make custom AI for them too), so monsters design fit to weapons-sets more. This can be kinda cool.
If you look around, you can find some good monster packs that fit pretty decently with Final Doomer. For example, Yholl's own DoomRL Monster Pack has a Technophobia setting that works well with BTSX Guy, Dark Doom Creatures works well with TNT Guy, and Legion of Bones is a good fit for Hellbound Guy. Ancient Aliens' map pack has its own custom monsters, and Plutonia Guy fits Avactor and its jungle-themed monsters like a glove.
Smashhacker

Post by Smashhacker »

Anyone else wondering what other megawads could be used for new potential classes? I still think Perdition's Gate and Hell to Pay would be good candidates, especially in Hell to Pay's case since it had some weapon sprite changes that can be touched upon for inspiration.
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

Suggestion - different difficulty names for each class, being appropriate for each megwad. It's small, but I think it would add some nice flavor to the mod.
Artman2004

Post by Artman2004 »

Ever thought of a Freedoom-based class?
Metalworks41190

Post by Metalworks41190 »

Need a Sunlust class.
Dark-Assassin

Post by Dark-Assassin »

I have some player ideas too.
Ones with a specific style in mind:
  • Scythe: Something along the lines of demonic weapons. Perhaps something similar to Hell-Forged's weapon style.
  • UTNT: Quake style weapons.
Ones I don't have an idea of a style:
  • Deus Vault
  • Hell Revealed
  • Sunder
  • Sunlust (as suggested above)
  • Memento Mori
I also feels some variants of the original Doom Player would be nice.
Such as:
  • Doom 3 Player (DSDoom3)
  • Doom 4 Player (D4V)
Zaratul

Post by Zaratul »

Whitemare pack has fire weapons so Sunlust weapon set should be ice oriented? Btw Final Hexen and Final Heretic when?
PRIMEVAL

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Give us all the Guys! Unholy Realms Guy, Reverie Guy, Karma Sutra Guy, Requiem Guy, Resurgence Guy, Vanguard Guy, Whispers of Satan Guy...

Return to “Gameplay Mods”