[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Sgt. Shivers

Re: [2.4] FINAL DOOMER +

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

namsan wrote:I was playing this mod for quite long time, and I realized there is almost no reason to use Plutonia shotgun over Revolver.
Revolver has quite high DPS for starting weapon and this weapon is quite accurate. Also, it has unlimited ammo and reloading is very quick.
And Plutonia shotgun has actually lower DPS compared to revolver despite it uses ammo, and still less accurate than revolver because it's shotgun.
According to weapon description, Plutonia shotgun's feat is "It has lower damage than normal shotgun but it's somewhat accurate!" but revolver can do better at any range. :roll:

I suggest buffing shotgun's damage or nerfing revolver's accuracy.
That's a good point, we should make the Plutonia shotgun more deadly.
Gabenslair

Post by Gabenslair »

namsan wrote:I was playing this mod for quite long time, and I realized there is almost no reason to use Plutonia shotgun over Revolver.
Revolver has quite high DPS for starting weapon and this weapon is quite accurate. Also, it has unlimited ammo and reloading is very quick.
And Plutonia shotgun has actually lower DPS compared to revolver despite it uses ammo, and still less accurate than revolver because it's shotgun.
According to weapon description, Plutonia shotgun's feat is "It has lower damage than normal shotgun but it's somewhat accurate!" but revolver can do better at any range. :roll:

I suggest buffing shotgun's damage or nerfing revolver's accuracy.
I agree with this. The accurate shotgun's usage only works with further away enemies (other than chaingun sniping) so people usually encounter enemies with a satisfying cleansing of the revolver's six chambers. This makes the shotgun less usable in situations. I suggest buffing the shotgun by giving it either more pellets or higher damage at the minimal cost of a couple more tics of reload animation.
fryingpan

Post by fryingpan »

Yholl wrote:
Gabenslair wrote:Hyped for version 3.0 since I saw the changelog. Whitemare spells good news.
YOU SAW NOTHING GO ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS SIR
Spoiler:
So can we expect a new release soon? I really love this weapon mod, but if there is a new version comming out soon i'll restrain myself from playing it so i can have a better experience afterwards!
rabid marine

Post by rabid marine »

fryingpan wrote: So can we expect a new release soon? I really love this weapon mod, but if there is a new version comming out soon i'll restrain myself from playing it so i can have a better experience afterwards!
It's a yholl mod so you can expect a release in the next eternity
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

fryingpan wrote:So can we expect a new release soon? I really love this weapon mod, but if there is a new version comming out soon i'll restrain myself from playing it so i can have a better experience afterwards!
No, there's no update coming anytime at all soon. You should go ahead and just have fun with the current release.
rabid marine wrote:It's a yholl mod so you can expect a release in the next eternity
I have more mods than just DRLA, you know.

also, rood.
VGA

Post by VGA »

I am playing through BTSX E1 with the BTSX weapon set, I find it very nice and balanced.

At one point I picked up something that made me glow purple for a while ... I didn't understand what it did?
Maggle

Post by Maggle »

It temporarily makes your weapons better. It increases the blaster's damage, causes the Arc blaster to fire three projectiles, lowers the ammo cost of the machreaper to 2 shells instead of three, increase the fire-rate of the pulse rifle, and makes the fist, pulse cannon, vulcan, and bfg replacement fire full-auto, without charging up. If you lose a quarter of your health, it's gone for the rest of the map.
VGA

Post by VGA »

Weird. And which item does it replace? Also, I have played the 12 first maps and I still don't know how the ammo of the BTSX set's superweapon looks like.

This mod could use a mini wiki thing.
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

VGA wrote:Weird. And which item does it replace? Also, I have played the 12 first maps and I still don't know how the ammo of the BTSX set's superweapon looks like.

This mod could use a mini wiki thing.
it replaces chainsaw,about bfg ammo-u should check final doomer options and there will be bfg ammo system,i guess u have option where any big pickup counts as bfg ammo too
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

specifically, the Nanocore uses a quarter of your current maximum health as a "buffer" for the powerup. so if you have 100 when activating it, lose 25 and it's gone, but if 200, then it's 50 etc..

BFG ammo by default gets "charges" when you pick up large ammo pickups. you need to pick up a certain amount of large ammo pickups to get the charge to increase for some of the more powerful BFG weapons. but if that's too complicated, you can simply turn on an option to summon separate BFG pickups alongside large ammo pickups, which i personally recommend.
VGA

Post by VGA »

Interesting. But I have a question: If I am maxed on the rocket's equivalent ammo and cannot pick up some big ammo pickups, should I fire some ammo and pick those up and be at max again but also charge the BFG in doing so? Especially before exiting a map?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

VGA wrote:Interesting. But I have a question: If I am maxed on the rocket's equivalent ammo and cannot pick up some big ammo pickups, should I fire some ammo and pick those up and be at max again but also charge the BFG in doing so? Especially before exiting a map?
Do... whatever you want? I'm not sure why you're asking this.

In any case, you can always set the bfg ammo to be seperate pickups.
Mackery

Post by Mackery »

I was wondering if you could add a weapons list in the mod description ordered by player classes.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Mackery wrote:I was wondering if you could add a weapons list in the mod description ordered by player classes.
There's now one in the OP. Thanks for the idea!
Mackery

Post by Mackery »

No problem friend! If you need help with me giving lore/codex styled descriptions, I'll be happy to help.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”