[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Yholl

Re: [2.3] FINAL DOOMER +

Post by Yholl »

isaacpop23 wrote:Bug report: If you use AA's Stasis Bow on a monster that is actively being crushed by a crusher, they become immune to the Bow's affects.
That was both hilarious and irritating to fix.
Thanks for spotting that!

Last call for any bug reports or neat stuff you'd like before I release 2.4! I've finished the fixes that I know about now.
Sgt. Shivers

Re: [2.4] FINAL DOOMER +

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

New version is out!

Changelog:
Spoiler:
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

Would it be possible to make the pistols optionally use ammo in the same vein as the BFG toggles? That is, either make them share the same ammo as the chaingun type weapons, make clips and bulletboxes give a seperate pistol ammo type or make magazines, speedloaders, etc. spawn around clips and bulletboxes.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

DabbingSquidward wrote:Would it be possible to make the pistols optionally use ammo in the same vein as the BFG toggles? That is, either make them share the same ammo as the chaingun type weapons, make clips and bulletboxes give a seperate pistol ammo type or make magazines, speedloaders, etc. spawn around clips and bulletboxes.
Easy fix for that. Play normal Doom. It's got clips, bulletboxes, and the pistol shares ammo with the chaingun.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

Gideon020 wrote:
DabbingSquidward wrote:Would it be possible to make the pistols optionally use ammo in the same vein as the BFG toggles? That is, either make them share the same ammo as the chaingun type weapons, make clips and bulletboxes give a seperate pistol ammo type or make magazines, speedloaders, etc. spawn around clips and bulletboxes.
Easy fix for that. Play normal Doom. It's got clips, bulletboxes, and the pistol shares ammo with the chaingun.
Wow, why didn't I think of that. Thanks for the help, you have no idea how grateful I am. From now on I will use the pistol only, even though it's inferior to the chaingun in every aspect.

Sarcasm off. -.-
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Image
Where can I summon dogo support in the mod? This seems like a glaring omission.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

insightguy wrote:
Sgt. Shivers wrote:Image
Where can I summon dogo support in the mod? This seems like a glaring omission.
While there's no official canine companion in Final Doomer yet, you aren't left out in the cold. For the time being, you can pull down the console and enter "summonmbf mbfhelperdog" to get as many puppies as you want :D
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

[quote="Blue Shadow"][quote="shadstarn"]ADD RELOAD please lol
to all weapons it makes no sense only with pistol
this is my pesona opinion and requesst dont get angry[/quote]
Does every single mod need reload? :? [url=viewtopic.php?p=1033010#p1033010]And I told you before not to yell[/url].[/quote]

makes more sense to me that you could reload a shotgun and also why is there a scope on a shotgun?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I approved this post specifically to tell you that these questions have already been answered a few times throughout the thread. If you can't find them, keep looking.
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

it is because the way the forum keeps aproving or disproving my posts .. its quite confusing
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

shadstarn wrote:it is because the way the forum keeps aproving or disproving my posts .. its quite confusing
I should note, because your account is set to "needs approval," that we moderators have to specifically, manually approve or disapprove your posts. If you're being disapproved, it's because your posts are low quality and we're trying to teach you to become a better poster.
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

Fun and well polished mod! My only concern is that it needs some mapset-specific monster replacements to complement it - it kind of breaks the immersion when you're the only person on Saturn X using an arsenal of purely energy weapons...

Some ideas I had:
-Evilution zombies all wear marine helmets
-Evilution demons are all cybernetic (Pinkies are Doom 3 style Pinkies, Hell Knights are Cyber Knights, etc.)
-All monsters in Evilution have "TNT" written on them somewhere (of course)
-Plutonia zombies are dressed like Vietnam War-era GIs (Green singlets, red bandanas, camo paint)
-Plutonia demons are all non-cybernetic (Arachnotrons/Spiderdemons are giant jungle spiders, etc.)
-Plutonia Lost Souls are swamp bugs; Plutonia Pain Elementals are queen swamp bugs
-BTSX zombies are dressed like 'Red Shirts' from Star Trek
-AA zombies are 'ancient' mummies, while AA demons have stereotypical 'alien' faces
-JPCP Hell Knights/Barons are Oni (naturally)
-JPCP Revenants are Skeletal Samurai, in the style of Bludgeon from Transformers
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

shadstarn wrote:makes more sense to me that you could reload a shotgun and also why is there a scope on a shotgun?
i told you pistols have infinite ammo,shotgun have scope to make it more accurate(its in-game description)
DarkkOne
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Widnows 11

Post by DarkkOne »

Honestly, I love that most of the guns don't have a reload mechanic.

This mod largely feels, to me, as if the gun sets were official, from the time, weapon sets released with the mapsets. This mod really feels like a strong homage to the "feel" of Doom when it was new, and I really like that a lot. The infinite pistols and reload seems like a way to avoid adding a new ammo type just for pistols (since with many of the weapon sets it wouldn't make sense to share it with another gun in the set). Most other mods feel like "what if Doom was a different game," which is fine and a LOT of fun. But this mod, to me at least, feels like "What if there was MORE DOOM?!" and I like that too.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Tesculpture wrote:-Plutonia zombies are dressed like Vietnam War-era GIs (Green singlets, red bandanas, camo paint)
I think it's much better if they were more decayed and infested with plant life, like they were soldiers that were killed in a jungle and nature is growing over their corpses
Tesculpture wrote:-Plutonia demons are all non-cybernetic (Arachnotrons/Spiderdemons are giant jungle spiders, etc.)
How would they attack? Webbing you to death?

As much as I agree that custom enemies per character would be a neat idea, the main problem is that there needs to be sprites for all the monster replacements, times the number of sprites per monster times the number of custom charachters

so there are 17 monsters (not counting the SS) and 5 custom characters. So 65 separate sprite sets with God knows how many sprites per enemy. so unless someone is masochistic enough to make them from scratch or is able to edit 65 sets of sprites existing in the community to suit the themes, then it's more of a pipe dream.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”