[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Viscra Maelstrom

Re: [2.1!] FINAL DOOMER PLUS

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

thankfully, the Plasma Vulcan is there to pickup the slack. well, as long as you're not fighting something more horrifying from the DRLA Monsters pack (i'm looking at YOU, Nightmare Mastermind >:c).

the X Cannon seemed to be completely ineffective against the Lord of the Abyss, though. i'm not sure if that was intentional.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:the X Cannon seemed to be completely ineffective against the Lord of the Abyss, though. i'm not sure if that was intentional.
It'd just be part of the same bug, no line of sight between you and the boom at some point, therefore no more boom.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Good thing I always keep line of sight to make sure the shot hits. :D
Viscra Maelstrom

OH, my bad. the Lord is perfectly vulnerable to the X Cannon's shots, it's just his HP is really high so it takes a second or so for him to keel over. sorry for being dumb.
0mrcynic0
Location: The corner of "screw off" and "none of your business."

Post by 0mrcynic0 »

Nice weapon mod. I just added it to my list of favorite weapon mods right now along with Doomzone and Weapons of Saturn.
Viscra Maelstrom

okay, so something i've noticed with this mod is that the performance doesn't seem to be all that great on just moderately sized maps here. a lot of BTSX's maps just chugs and stutters a lot, and it was even worse in a lot of JPCP's latter maps (which i expected, but not to this degree). does anyone else have the same problem as me?
Ikazu-san

Post by Ikazu-san »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:...the performance doesn't seem to be all that great on just moderately sized maps here...
I had similar issues when doing episode 3 of AAliens. Particularly on maps 23 and 28.
Although when I try warping to these maps, frame drops are barely noticeable.
Crimsondrgn

Post by Crimsondrgn »

After looking back at previous posts and realizing the description bug was due to new GZDoom versions, I fiddled around a bit, and it seems at least up to 2.2.0 it doesn't happen, feels like the magic version to go to when newer ones break parts of mods, they always seem to work smoothly with it.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

So I've got 4 simultaneous megawad playthroughs going on, thanks to this mod. About to be a 5th once I get Plutonia 2 booted up. Thanks. :P

While here, I wasn't entirely sure how I felt about the BTSX set on intial taste, but I'm 3 maps into E1 so far and it's really grown on me. Pulse rifle's damage is just fine (it's on par with the Chaingun; seems to be a bit more so even) and its charge mechanic feels natural now. The Machreaper is the oddball in the set thus far, and I'm not completely convinced that the 3-per-shot ammo balance is quite "right", but I'm still pretty early in the set so I'm not fully passing judgment on it.

I think maybe what I'm liking the most about it is how specialized the weapons are, as opposed to just using "the SSG" all the time. Since the Mach's focus is singular targets, the Pulse Rifle is the darling of clearing trash-groups now... or I can just "melee" a crowd with the Pulse Cannon. :D

Also, I like how the weapons for the mapset in which I performed my infamous stunt protects me from doing that anymore. Welp. :P

[EDIT] So, the Machreaper can kill an Archvile reliabily in two shots. Yeah, I think its ammo usage is fine after all. :P
Viscra Maelstrom

the Machreaper is about 2.5x the strength of the standard SSG, so having it consume triple the ammo makes sense to me. i think you can even OHKO Hell Knights with it if you're lucky enough.

what's really the draw of BTSXGuy though is the Nanocore. intelligent usage of it can really make you roll through certain levels extremely quickly. it's definitely a gamble, sure, and some modicum of save-scumming/memorization might be necessary to make the most use of it, but it can still be a big help if you know what you're doing.
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

Hi, the savegame bugs are fixed now as of GZDoom 3.2.3. Just thought I'd mention that here since a lot of people were having trouble with it.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I have an alternate proposal for the Katana: an option for it to automatically sheathe itself if left idle for a few seconds.
CasualScrub
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by CasualScrub »

It's really now starting to hit how odd it feels having your character be taller than normal. Feels like I'm about to whack my head against the exit signs.
Viscra Maelstrom

AAGuy is probably my favorite of the newcomers by far. Illuminator stronk.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I still diggin' for JPCP guy's hi-tech anime weapons, tho! Yin and yang definitely helps me to get through no matter i'm nice or evil! :twisted:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”