[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tesculpture

Re: [2.4] FINAL DOOMER +

Post by Tesculpture »

I've encountered a bug when playing with Colourful Hell; AAGuy's Stasis Bow can only be used on Red Imp derivatives once. Shooting them again gives them the green glow effect, but doesn't freeze them.

On the topic of pwads that suit the existing weapon sets, Dark Star goes almost perfectly with BTSXGuy. Tons of fun zooming around in zero gravity while blasting Cacos with the Machreaper.

As for new weapon sets, I personally hope for MasterLevelsGuy.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Some red monsters do become immune to pain once they stagger so that's not really a bug at all.
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

Oops. Silly me.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Tesculpture wrote:I've encountered a bug when playing with Colourful Hell; AAGuy's Stasis Bow can only be used on Red Imp derivatives once. Shooting them again gives them the green glow effect, but doesn't freeze them.
I'll add in some stuff so that it is obvious when it doesn't work on something like that, instead of visually still appearing to work.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

@Yholl

Glad to hear another update is getting rolled out. While you're on it, would you be so kind and also squeeze the pistol-related ammo CVARs I was suggesting a few pages back into 2.5? Please excuse my impatience and have a nice day :)
BreakerMaker

Post by BreakerMaker »

This is a fantastic mod and it breathes much life into all the old Iwads along with their community sequels and projects. I'm having loads of fun experimenting with map packs and such. Will there be anymore sets in the future?
guitardz
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by guitardz »

Any chance of a vote for 3 new classes any time soon? I'd love to see classes for some of the classic wads like Memento Mori and Alien Vendetta.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

BreakerMaker wrote:Will there be anymore sets in the future?
it is a mystery
guitardz wrote:Any chance of a vote for 3 new classes any time soon? I'd love to see classes for some of the classic wads like Memento Mori and Alien Vendetta.
No, that was a one time thing.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Haha, if there are any future sets, maybe the next set will feature TerminatorGuy, AliensGuy, or MarathonGuy. :D
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

It'll be better when the future sets are HellboundGuy (from Z86's hellbound megawad), EpicGuy (from Epic 2), and Massmouth as a guest character!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Why not make a space for Lizard Squad guy, Shadow of the Wool Ball guy and Netronian Chaos guy(shameless advertisement is shameless) as well? :P
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Those all have weapons, and two are already gameplay mods. This project provides new weapons for maps that don't have any, so the suggestions don't fit the project goals.

Netronian Chaos, meanwhile, could use the opposite: a set of custom maps for it, cause it's heckin' good. ;)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Soon, my friend! Skelegant is working on it big time-
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Durnit. I'm getting mentally assimilated by Doomworld's forum software -- I was fervently searching for the "like" button on the above post. :P

[/hijack]
namsan
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by namsan »

Very nice mod!
I'm keep playing your mod for almost 4 weeks!
Here is my thought.

I really love BTSXguy's Plasma Vulcan. It looks gorgeous and very deadly!
I also love TNTguy's missile launcher. It's hard to use but deadly!
JPCPguy's weapons are fun, but I found he is rather weak against unreachable long-range enemies (Especially chaingunners),
Because he has no hitscan weapons aside silenced pistol, and most of projectiles from his weapons are not fast.
I think projectiles from Burst Needler and Neutron guns are should be more faster to deal with them.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”