[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Yholl

Re: [AA/BTSX PREVIEWS!] FINAL DOOMER

Post by Yholl »

DarkkOne wrote:If you wouldn't mind doing it, that'd be great.
Done!

Big thanks once more to NightFright and his excellent widescreen statusbars, without them these huds wouldn't be anywhere near as nice.
Doom 2 Standalone HUD
Final Doom Standalone HUD
DarkkOne
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Widnows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by DarkkOne »

Yeah, I'd been using those statusbars until I came across this. Thanks Yholl for doing that, and thanks Nightfright for the originals.
AgentSpooks

Post by AgentSpooks »

let me be that weird guy that asks:

"Any DRPG compatibility plans?"

(Please don't hang me Yholl)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I'd imagine not unless Kyle (or someone dedicated) restarts DRPG.
Ikazu-san

Post by Ikazu-san »

I'd recommend this one, since it works semi-flawlessly with Final Doomer.
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=56272
The only notable problem is rapid fire spell not working on all weapons. Probably due to how smooth these weapon's animations are made.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Ikazu-san wrote:I'd recommend this one, since it works semi-flawlessly with Final Doomer.
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=56272
The only notable problem is rapid fire spell not working on all weapons. Probably due to how smooth these weapon's animations are made.
That can be remedied with manual code, though.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

DoomKrakken wrote:That can be remedied with manual code, though.
Mmmm, that's a good idea, I'll put that on my todo list. Thanks!
MasterOfPuppets86

Post by MasterOfPuppets86 »

On a scale of "Half Life 3" to "Duke Nukem Forever", how there are we?
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

MasterOfPuppets86 wrote:On a scale of "Half Life 3" to "Duke Nukem Forever", how there are we?
We have one weapon left to make and a few other overhauls to make, but Yholl is having PC troubles so it may be a while before we can work on it.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Sgt. Shivers wrote: Yholl is having PC troubles so it may be a while before we can work on it.
On a scale of "Small annoying mouse movement" to "I have to buy a new computer", how bad is it?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

insightguy wrote:On a scale of "Small annoying mouse movement" to "I have to buy a new computer", how bad is it?
It was "CPU fan is dying", so about the middle.
vidumec

Post by vidumec »

inspired by the AAguy preview, i made a little addon - an ak47 that replaces chaingun for all classes ( doesnt look quite right with tntguy due to glove color mismatch ). Made for myself but maybe someone else will find use for it.
link

Sprites and stuff not mine, i only made neccesary adjustments to decorate and changed firing sprites a bit.
MasterOfPuppets86

Post by MasterOfPuppets86 »

vidumec wrote:inspired by the AAguy preview, i made a little addon - an ak47 that replaces chaingun for all classes ( doesnt look quite right with tntguy due to glove color mismatch ). Made for myself but maybe someone else will find use for it.
link

Sprites and stuff not mine, i only made neccesary adjustments to decorate and changed firing sprites a bit.
Thanks, Todd.
Doomguy5th

Post by Doomguy5th »

Shivers, this is a really good mod. It would be better if it was Zan3.0 compatible (I wish), but I'm really digging this so far. My only gripe is the rocket launcher replacement for the Plutonia Guy (personally, I'd prefer having an auto cannon/grenade launcher hybrid, but that's just me) and the Dual UZIs of TNT Guy (I'd prefer having one SMG with a stock on it because I dunno, I just don't like dual wielding anything for some reason. Doesn't detract from the gameplay though). But other than that, everything feels very nice, smooth, and it's what I'm looking for. Great job, I look forward to see updates of this project.

(also hoping for the next update that you're still keeping compatibility with GZDoom 1.9.1)
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Doomguy5th wrote:It would be better if it was Zan3.0 compatible
3.0 is currently at around ZDoom 2.7.1's code, if I am not mistaken. It's very close, but unfortunately there are some very critical things in 2.8.1 that this requires, like +HITTRACER. When Zandronum reaches that point, I'll do my best to try and get this to work with it, although I dread the utter insanity required.
Doomguy5th wrote:(also hoping for the next update that you're still keeping compatibility with GZDoom 1.9.1)
The minimum versions required for this are ZDoom 2.8.1/GZDoom 2.1.1, this will not change for the next update, or likely any update.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”