[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Alptraum
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [3.3!] FINAL DOOMER +

Post by Alptraum »

Are you guys working on new sets or fixing bugs/glitches recently?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Alptraum wrote:Are you guys working on new sets or fixing bugs/glitches recently?
I literally released an update 13 days ago.
Alptraum
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Alptraum »

Yholl wrote:
Alptraum wrote:Are you guys working on new sets or fixing bugs/glitches recently?
I literally released an update 13 days ago.
I saw it ^^ Thank you for that. What I meant was... Are you working on something atm for future?
Turin Turambar
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Turin Turambar »

A question. Is there a console command to change the current weapon set? It would be nice to change it between levels of a long megawad.
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

I believe you can do it in player setup menu in the options, and it will change it in the next map you enter. This is pretty much the same thing as starting a new game with the right class and then idclev-ing to the right map though
VGA

Post by VGA »

New version? Nice!

Can I do a manual reload or does the clip have to empty? Also, does any weapon have a secondary fire?

EDIT: Oh, ok, some utility things have alternate fire, alright.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

I had a fun if somewhat dumb idea. Doom Eternal styled weapons for Eternal Doom.
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

Techincally Eternal Doom was already done with Eternal DOOMer, but that was never a truly completed project in the way the Final DOOMer was
CyborgParrot

Post by CyborgParrot »

Would be interesting to see a Weapon Set for Eternal Doom and/or Eviternity inspired by the Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal Weapons.
Last edited by CyborgParrot on Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThrashfanBert1994

Post by ThrashfanBert1994 »

how about doom alpha weapons and classic style Doom 3 weapons?
openroadracer
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

I know Xim's Star Wars DooM is already out there, but I wonder if it might not be possible to make a Kyle Katarn weapon set as part of this mod. Maybe use the E-11 blaster rifle as a Chaingun replacement, with the Imperial Repeater Gun as a Plasma Gun replacement. The Packered Mortar Gun would replace the Rocket Launcher.

Either the FC-1 Flechette Launcher or the Wookiee Bowcaster could replace either the Shotgun or Super Shotgun, so use one to replace the SG and the other to replace the SSG.

And obviously, you'd replace the Chainsaw with a Lightsaber.

Of course, this could all be a bit too close in style to the Back to Saturn X set, but I'd still like to put it out there.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

openroadracer wrote:I know Xim's Star Wars DooM is already out there, but I wonder if it might not be possible to make a Kyle Katarn weapon set as part of this mod. Maybe use the E-11 blaster rifle as a Chaingun replacement, with the Imperial Repeater Gun as a Plasma Gun replacement. The Packered Mortar Gun would replace the Rocket Launcher.

Either the FC-1 Flechette Launcher or the Wookiee Bowcaster could replace either the Shotgun or Super Shotgun, so use one to replace the SG and the other to replace the SSG.

And obviously, you'd replace the Chainsaw with a Lightsaber.

Of course, this could all be a bit too close in style to the Back to Saturn X set, but I'd still like to put it out there.
It kinda sounds like Samsara Extra Heroes is what you're after.
Artman2004

Post by Artman2004 »

Would a FreeDoom class be possible?
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

In case nobody said this before, for me Final Doomer is to Final Doom what Scourge of Armagon + Dissolution of Eternity are to Quake & The Reckoning + Ground Zero are to Quake 2. I figure if TeamTNT had been given access to Doom's source code by id Software, not only could they have made new maps, but also added new weapons and monsters among other things.

I already mentioned this a few pages back, but I guess it was overlooked because I didn't explain it thoroughly enough. I'd love it if for the next version you could add an option to make the pistol and chaingun equivalents use seperate types of ammo, just like there is for the plasma rifle and BFG replacements.

For example:
#1: Infinite Pistol with reloading
#2: Infinite Pistol without reloading and decreased damage
#3: Pistol and chaingun share the same ammo pool
#4: Pistol and chaingun have different ammo pools and either:
4.1: Clips and clipboxes give both pistol and chaingun ammo simultaneously
or
4.2: Everywhere a clip or clipbox is, an additional pistol mag or pistol bullet box is spawned, just like there is an option to have seperate plasma rifle and BFG ammo pickups.

In a nutshell I want it to be like in Doom 3, where the pistol, SMG and chaingun all use seperate types of bullets.

Keep up the great work, I'm loving it and currently playing it on Android via Delta Touch :3
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

SamVision wrote:I had a fun if somewhat dumb idea. Doom Eternal styled weapons for Eternal Doom.
TheOldKingCole wrote:Techincally Eternal Doom was already done with Eternal DOOMer, but that was never a truly completed project in the way the Final DOOMer was
CyborgParrot wrote:Would be interesting to see a Weapon Set for Eternal Doom and/or Eviternity inspired by the Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal Weapons.
ThrashfanBert1994 wrote:how about doom alpha weapons and classic style Doom 3 weapons?
openroadracer wrote:I know Xim's Star Wars DooM is already out there, but I wonder if it might not be possible to make a Kyle Katarn weapon set as part of this mod.
Artman2004 wrote:Would a FreeDoom class be possible?
someone save me from this fresh hell
StroggVorbis wrote:I'd love it if for the next version you could add an option to make the pistol and chaingun equivalents use seperate types of ammo, just like there is for the plasma rifle and BFG replacements.
a third option into the horrible mess that is the existing pistol options
fine whatever, can't be worse than implementing the last lot of pistol crap.

It's a good suggestion, thank you. It's just... aaaaaaaa

Return to “Gameplay Mods”