[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
IDKrisis

Re: [2.4] FINAL DOOMER +

Post by IDKrisis »

Yholl wrote:The damage should be extremely similar at close range, amplifying beyond that at long range. I played AA non-stop while making this set, and never had any issue with the Scepter, it actually performed better than the vanilla RL due to the low self damage it does, as well as that sniping capacity.
Fair enough. I guess I just need more practice. I do enjoy the visual effects and find it very satisfying when I get to use it at long range.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Maybe you could tighten the spread and raise the fire rate of the Ancient Aliens chaingun and change the sound to make it not sound like a light machine gun since it has a little "belt rattle" sound after the shot? Perhaps a little support for the JPCP_HUD as well, like a "kanji" option?

oh and maybe altfire to use the scoped shotgun's scope, now that other guns have altfires
Gabenslair

Post by Gabenslair »

I was looking in your doom DECORATE files for who you achieved your combo fists and knive quirk in TNT and ALIEN, but they each have this elusive inventory item that dictates if your hitting an enemy. 2 examples are "FDTNTFistComboTwo" and "FDAliensKnifeGOTTAKNIFEFAST". I searched all over the decorate files but I couldn't find them. How was the combo achieved?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

EddieMann wrote:Maybe you could tighten the spread and raise the fire rate of the Ancient Aliens chaingun and change the sound to make it not sound like a light machine gun since it has a little "belt rattle" sound after the shot?
It's old and rusty and somehow still works. I'm not gonna change a gun because someone said "make it different", I need actual reasons, sorry.
EddieMann wrote:Perhaps a little support for the JPCP_HUD as well, like a "kanji" option?
Like, as a third option? I don't really see how that's possible at this kinda pixel size.
EddieMann wrote:oh and maybe altfire to use the scoped shotgun's scope, now that other guns have altfires
They don't, though. Only the Halderman Device is setup that way.
Either way, no, the scope doesn't actually work normally, it was cursed by hell to be completely reflective at all times.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

Some weapons, mostly pistols, are not first shot accurate, so they aren't very useful for sniping. Do you mind taking a look at that? I don't know how this would work for the dual uzis, but I'd like some consistency :)

Can't wait much longer for 2.5 and the pistol ammo toggles D:
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

owo what's this
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

As long you believe in the pseudo technology. :P
guitardz
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by guitardz »

Planning to play Alien Vendetta with FDP, but can't decide between Plutonia Guy or Ancient Aliens Guy, which one fits the AV theme better, guys?
CasualScrub
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by CasualScrub »

guitardz wrote:Planning to play Alien Vendetta with FDP, but can't decide between Plutonia Guy or Ancient Aliens Guy, which one fits the AV theme better, guys?
I would say AAguy, definitely.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

DabbingSquidward wrote:Some weapons, mostly pistols, are not first shot accurate, so they aren't very useful for sniping. Do you mind taking a look at that? I don't know how this would work for the dual uzis, but I'd like some consistency :)
what a shame
DabbingSquidward wrote:Can't wait much longer for 2.5 and the pistol ammo toggles D:
gonna be waiting a looooong time :^)
Gabenslair

Post by Gabenslair »

Hyped for version 3.0 since I saw the changelog. Whitemare spells good news.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Gabenslair wrote:Hyped for version 3.0 since I saw the changelog. Whitemare spells good news.
YOU SAW NOTHING GO ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS SIR
Spoiler:
elCreyo
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/Windows 10

Post by elCreyo »

I like this mod. I like to play it without vertical aiming like it's vanilla doom.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

I think I already said this to Yholl's tumblr but there should totally be a class for Eternal Doom that has a weapon based on Doom Eternal's Ballista for slot 5, just to make things extra confusing.
namsan

Post by namsan »

I was playing this mod for quite long time, and I realized there is almost no reason to use Plutonia shotgun over Revolver.
Revolver has quite high DPS for starting weapon and this weapon is quite accurate. Also, it has unlimited ammo and reloading is very quick.
And Plutonia shotgun has actually lower DPS compared to revolver despite it uses ammo, and still less accurate than revolver because it's shotgun.
According to weapon description, Plutonia shotgun's feat is "It has lower damage than normal shotgun but it's somewhat accurate!" but revolver can do better at any range. :roll:

I suggest buffing shotgun's damage or nerfing revolver's accuracy.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”