[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SiFi270

Re: [2.2] FINAL DOOMER +

Post by SiFi270 »

Maybe finding another Nanocore pickup could give you the option to use it again? I don't think chainsaw spawns are common enough in most wads for that to cheese anything, and it'd make a change from seeing it (or any chainsaw replacement, really) and thinking, "well, guess that's just gonna stay there".

Also, while I can agree with all the people praising the Machreaper, I still find it frustrating when a flying enemy is barely affected by it because they were just a few units too high but it looks like it should be point blank otherwise.
john190

Post by john190 »

What do you guys think that Torment and Torture Guy would have?
CasualScrub
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by CasualScrub »

Don't know if it's brought up here before, but I think a Sunlust-Guy would be a fun option.

Oh, also, just something of note, how come there's no actual list to select from? Like, you have to just mouse up and down to their general area, but you can't see all the options.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

it *is* a list, it's just that it doesn't look like one; if you use the arrow keys like in the other menus, it'll scroll up and down like it should. i do find it a tad clunky perhaps, but it's not a big deal.

anyway, i *think* i know why i've had such bad performance with the mod; if i use IDDT, i can see that all the weapon pickups and ammo have all the ammo and pickups from every character in the mod stacked, but your character only sees "your" stuff. this would mean that for every 100 shotgun shells in a level, for instance, the engine would read that as there being 600 shotgun shells there. now combine that with all the other weapons and ammo in the mod, and it can make a map like Fomalhaut from THT slow down to an absolute crawl, and even moderately sized levels can slow down as long as there's enough ammo in it.

i'm probably asking for a headache here, but would it be possible to optimize it in some way here? or is that just out of the question, and i'd simply have to get better computer hardware to deal with it?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

SiFi270 wrote:Maybe finding another Nanocore pickup could give you the option to use it again?
Nyet
john190 wrote:What do you guys think that Torment and Torture Guy would have?
many gnu
Princess Viscra Maelstrom wrote:anyway, i *think* i know why i've had such bad performance with the mod; if i use IDDT, i can see that all the weapon pickups and ammo have all the ammo and pickups from every character in the mod stacked, but your character only sees "your" stuff. this would mean that for every 100 shotgun shells in a level, for instance, the engine would read that as there being 600 shotgun shells there. now combine that with all the other weapons and ammo in the mod, and it can make a map like Fomalhaut from THT slow down to an absolute crawl, and even moderately sized levels can slow down as long as there's enough ammo in it.
Yeah, you've got that almost right, but yeah, that's the main issue with Final Doomer going forward. There's only one pickup there, the pickups are actually invisible, projecting all the different item graphics onto themselves, constantly matching their position. You can already see why that's terror.
Princess Viscra Maelstrom wrote:i'm probably asking for a headache here, but would it be possible to optimize it in some way here? or is that just out of the question, and i'd simply have to get better computer hardware to deal with it?
Hmm. I was gonna say there's nothing I can do, but I think there actually is. Thanks, I'm gonna go do shenanigans right now that'll hopefully make it immensely more playable for you!
dantos_the_mutilator

Post by dantos_the_mutilator »

this mod looks amazing im going to use this in some of my Playthroughs
mutator

Post by mutator »

will you add leveling up system that allows you to get more ammo as you level up? like 5% more ammo in each level
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

i dont think its that kind of a mod that should have leveling
Mr. Ed

Post by Mr. Ed »

Hey, this may be a bit of an odd stretch, but is there any chance that Hell to Pay-guy might be an option in a future installment? I've recently been playing through the WizardWorks WADs and I'm having fun with them, but it seems like H2P is a bit of an odd-man out as far as aesthetic. I haven't seen anything else like it as far as I remember, and it doesn't seem to get a lot of mention anywhere.
Kiler_Sanchez

Post by Kiler_Sanchez »

This mod is really good and fun to use with all the weapon variety. I do so love how it has weapon sets for some community maps making them all the funner to play with. The only personal issue I have is just how there's no enemy variety and I guess consistency with the guns relative to the monsters, so the chaingun guy has duel uzis when playing with the TNT weapon pack, ect. However this is a weapon .pk3 pack so this is no problem at all, and this way, it houses compatibility with wads with monster packs in it. I must say, keep up the good work mod makers as this is really good and a must have for anyone dredging around for new mods to play.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

Nice job with this the btsx weapon set goes great with the astrostein mod.
Sgt. Shivers

Re: [2.3] FINAL DOOMER +

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

A new update is here, with a few tweaks and optimizations! Players with slower computers should be able to enjoy better frame rates by switching to a generic mode for pickups!
More Info:
Spoiler:
We hope you enjoy the new version of Final Doomer +!
Korell

Post by Korell »

If I try to switch the JPCP HUD style then I get a ZScript error: Invalid command for menudef/zscript: fd_changejpcphud
Any ideas what this means and what this option is meant to do?
Last edited by Korell on Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
making4

Post by making4 »

Apologies if this has been asked before, but is there any chance that you could add off-hand melee to all these packs in a similar fashion to the whip in High Noon Drifter?

I just finished the JCPC map set with your weapons (which are amazing) and with that set in particular it would be awesome to use the katana alongside the status-effect machinegun. By the way, the shotgun and rocket launcher behavior changes in that set are absolutely brilliant. The shotguns are just about my favorites ever, and the rocket launcher is an awesome area denial weapon that becomes a killing machine if you swap down one weapon to the machinegun and shoot into the light.

Just started AA two nights ago (on map 3), so I'm grabbing the new version to restart that.

I've completed TNT, Plutonia, and JCPC so far. All good, though I will say the Plutonia pack changed my opinion of Plutonia. It's gone from a kind of bad slog to a really good map set, with your changes enabling longer range accurate combat. I actually like it a lot more than TNT or base Doom 2 now, which is a total 180 from my old position.

Anyway, keep it up!
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

talk about a massive improvement! i haven't tried it with everything, but i did try it with the problem-child, Fomalhaut, and the difference is night and day, not a single issue with performance as far as i could tell. this should make it more enjoyable to play with a lot of other mods. very happy with this change, thanks a lot Yholl! :)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”