[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Yholl

Re: [2.2] FINAL DOOMER +

Post by Yholl »

Xaser wrote:The Machreaper is the oddball in the set thus far
Yeah, it really was. All the other guns fit acceptable, and could be tweaked in all sorts of ways to make them fit better. The Machreaper was very unlike them, it was hard to impossible to even alter it without breaking it in some way, so I was never really sure we'd ever get it right. Eventually Term helped me decide to get it to use 3 shell per shot, and that feels nice. Originally it used 2, and then I increased it to 4 due to not wanting it to use an uneven number, but it doesn't really matter as much as I was thinking it did.
Xaser wrote:I think maybe what I'm liking the most about it is how specialized the weapons are, as opposed to just using "the SSG" all the time.
Yeah, that's pretty much been a major goal of mine in all the weapon sets. I very much dislike the SSG's dominance in most places, especially overshadowing the chaingun, and so I've tried to make everything seem like it has a use that no other weapon can fufill easily. Some sets, especially slaughtery ones, make the SSG stronger, though, which kinda goes against that BUT WHATEVER.
Xaser wrote:Also, I like how the weapons for the mapset in which I performed my infamous stunt protects me from doing that anymore. Welp. :P
The Xaser must be protected from the Xaser at all costs.
wildweasel wrote:I have an alternate proposal for the Katana: an option for it to automatically sheathe itself if left idle for a few seconds.
Done!
CasualScrub wrote:It's really now starting to hit how odd it feels having your character be taller than normal. Feels like I'm about to whack my head against the exit signs.
You aren't taller, your eyes are just in your skull where they belong, instead of in your chest.

EDIT: Main post is now updated with 2.2, go get it thar.
TheNightATK300

Post by TheNightATK300 »

If you're going to need the Screenshots for the AAliens Mapset + WeaponSet. Here ya go.
Spoiler:
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

As a quick heads-up, the link formatting on the front page got mucked up a bit in the update.

Anyhow, been playing a lot more with this; TNTguy this time (with a certain semi-secret unreleased project). Gonna need to see how the Uzi stunlocking change works (I patched 2.0 locally to do 1/2 stunlocking, but the 2.2 release does 1/4), but either way it's pretty baller. :P
Yholl wrote:The Xaser must be protected from the Xaser at all costs.
As my own arch-rival, I am simultaneously elated and displeased at this revelation.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Gotta update that changelog on the front page...
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Xaser wrote:As a quick heads-up, the link formatting on the front page got mucked up a bit in the update.
Valherran wrote:Gotta update that changelog on the front page...
Sgt. Shivers has updated it now, all is good. I actually didn't even notice it until you pointed it out, hahahahha.
Zaratul

Post by Zaratul »

Congratulations for getting a Cacoward!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Yippie!! That's wonderfully great- And as i expected a bit. But yeah, Congratulations! You lads rocks!
ArchXeno

Post by ArchXeno »

Not really a bug report, but the x-spark doesn't work correctly on DRLA bosses. It does about 200-300 damage immediately and then nothing else.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Zaratul wrote:Congratulations for getting a Cacoward!
Captain J wrote:Yippie!! That's wonderfully great- And as i expected a bit. But yeah, Congratulations! You lads rocks!
Thanks, much appreciated!
ArchXeno wrote:Not really a bug report, but the x-spark doesn't work correctly on DRLA bosses. It does about 200-300 damage immediately and then nothing else.
Yeah, not sure what I'll do about that right now.
Basically it suffers the dread zdoom curse of numero annihilatio; even the slightest amount of damage resistance will drop the damage from 1 to 0, because it only ever rounds down.
Lime

Post by Lime »

This Mod makes me enjoying playing doom in custom mapsets! It's really good.
Also Congrats for the Cacoward.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

It seems there's a secret in JPCP's Map26 that's impossible to get if you're playing with the class made for that mapset but otherwise vanilla (IE no jumping, crouching or freelook). As shown here, the intended solution is for the player shoot a switch from a certain height, and while the video shows that being done with the Super Shotgun, I've checked with vanilla weapons and the pistol can do it too. But because the weapons in this shoot slightly higher than vanilla, none of JPCPguy's weapons can hit it.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Lime wrote:This Mod makes me enjoying playing doom in custom mapsets! It's really good.
Also Congrats for the Cacoward.
Thank you!
SiFi270 wrote:It seems there's a secret in JPCP's Map26 that's impossible to get if you're playing with the class made for that mapset but otherwise vanilla (IE no jumping, crouching or freelook). As shown here, the intended solution is for the player shoot a switch from a certain height, and while the video shows that being done with the Super Shotgun, I've checked with vanilla weapons and the pistol can do it too. But because the weapons in this shoot slightly higher than vanilla, none of JPCPguy's weapons can hit it.
Not impossible, I just did it then. It's certainly not easy, I'll give you that, but I hit it with the Burst Needler's autofire.
Zaratul

Post by Zaratul »

Playing Final Doomer with BTSX and its so effing great! Btw i have a question:@Yholl Do You have plans for making more weapon sets? Maybe weapons for Epic 1 and 2 wad? :)
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Zaratul wrote:Playing Final Doomer with BTSX and its so effing great! Btw i have a question:@Yholl Do You have plans for making more weapon sets? Maybe weapons for Epic 1 and 2 wad? :)
it is a mystery

Proper answer is that we're not going to discuss future development of Final Doomer with anyone, due to some nasty people ruining it for everyone else. Sorry!

Thanks for the kind words, good to see you are having fun.
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

for wads with egypt|strange planets style there is AA set,for high tech BTSX,for Plutonia-like there is....Plutonia,for tech-to-strange JPCP,for mostly tech there is TNT and original style there is Doom so i dont think that there is need for more sets

Return to “Gameplay Mods”