[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [2.0!] FINAL DOOMER PLUS

Post by Captain J »

Have you played this mod with GZDOOM g3.2.1? That's the version i tried. Maybe you can recommend what version i should use!
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Gave each new weapon set a whirl. The JPCP set is easily my favorite (I like the needle gun and ofuda cannon) but the other ones are also great fun to use. That said, the needle gun should have its ammo cap increased to at least 150 since I'm typically full on needles before I can find it.
NullWire

Post by NullWire »

10/10

Would cum again.

Is a dumb idea but you consider before idk some weapons for ¨ZPack¨?
Maybe with a high-tech, rusty industrial touch.
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

Just saw that there's options for the Colorful Hell monsters, which is nice.
Congrats for the release.
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

The image is shakes when turning with the mouse. But the image is fine when turning with the keyboard.
Spoiler:
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Captain J wrote:Maybe you can recommend what version i should use!
It says in the main post it's designed for ZDoom 2.8.1, the GZDoom equivalent is 2.1.1.
Jeimuzu73 wrote:That said, the needle gun should have its ammo cap increased to at least 150 since I'm typically full on needles before I can find it.
nyet
needles2stronk
NullWire wrote:Is a dumb idea but you consider before idk some weapons for ¨ZPack¨?
ZPack doesn't even have a single vote, so that is immensely unlikely, sorry.
whatup876 wrote:Just saw that there's options for the Colorful Hell monsters, which is nice.
Yeah, because old menu stuff overwrites others, I add a bunch that I know work with my stuff. Final Doomer's menu was moved to the main menu due to grafcrime, so it's not as useful now, but still nice to have.
Doomenator wrote:The image is shakes when turning with the mouse. But the image is fine when turning with the keyboard.
I have no idea what you are trying to tell me.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Does the sealing damage of the Ofuda caster works with XDeath or Explode damage in any way? My custom monsters explode (with my effects, obviously), but turn into cards at the same time. I wanted to make them compatible.

EDIT: Did you removed the Fire damage from the Plutonia grenade launcher? Why?

P.S.: Loving the mod so far. Worth the wait.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

Ok, just a personal question related to Colorful Hell. Which weaponset's the best for those black and white-tier bosses? On a side note, I kinda found out the White Spectre boss could still be stunned by the Stasis Bow. (Just as well, since the thing hides from you most of the time.)
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

Doomenator wrote:The image is shakes when turning with the mouse. But the image is fine when turning with the keyboard.
Spoiler:
oh i see it same happens to plasma thing in AA set its more visible there
Baratus
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Baratus »

YES!!! Congrats on the release! Been looking forward to this ever since I saw the weapon previews.

JPCPGuy and AAGuy are awesome fun to play with, but I think that BTSXGuy is probably my least favourite of the newcomers. I like his weapons from an aesthetic point of view, but while the weapons are visually impressive, practically they seem flawed. A slight damage buff for the shotgun and chaingun replacement might help as I find myself relying on stronger weapons with less ammo for doing any sort of damage. The SSG and chaingun replacements especially feel like downgrades, and I especially don't like how little damage the pulse rifle does. I only switch to it to use the charged shot every so often but I never use autofire because it's like lightly coughing on enemies until they politely fall over, and while the charged shot is a cool mechanic, the pitiful base damage renders it mostly useless even on low-tier enemies, and I have to switch to the starting pistol for more reliable damage.

Also, JPCPGuy's SSG weapon bio doesn't show correctly.

Other than those minor grievances, this has been a blast so far, and I will be playing this a whole bunch more in future, seeing as the mod has just doubled in content. Great job to all those involved!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Yholl wrote:
Captain J wrote:Maybe you can recommend what version i should use!
It says in the main post it's designed for ZDoom 2.8.1, the GZDoom equivalent is 2.1.1.
Oh yeah... ZDoom works perfectly fine. Thanks about that! I definitely have no idea why latest version of GZdoom just screws over such sound effects. Go figure.

EDIT: NEVER MIND, never mind. Perhaps i should update my directory file. They does plays fine in such versions.
Last edited by Captain J on Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Captain J wrote:Oh yeah... ZDoom works perfectly fine. Thanks about that! I definitely have no idea why latest version of GZdoom just screws over such sound effects. Go figure.
Huh, weird, I've never had that problem with my dev-build except for that weapon info save/reload glitch.

Yholl maybe you could ask Mor'ladim about how they do the weapon info for Bullet Eye? Maybe that could bypass the glitch?
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

I've been playing this with 3.2.1, and the hit sounds for the Katana are in fact there, they just happen to be very, very, very quiet. In fact, I would not have noticed them if I wasn't wearing headphones and specifically listening for them.

Speaking of the katana, I find it rather strange that it doesn't trigger the Xdeath states, even when you've found the upgrade for it and gotten berserk. I figured the, uh, "heavy damage 1st hit" with berserk would occasionally trigger it but it never seems to actually do it.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

Yholl wrote:I have no idea what you are trying to tell me.
What he means is, when recoil is enabled, turning with the mouse is stuttery. Enabling Smooth Mouse Movement fixes it, but it causes mouse input lag/delay. Another workaround I found is removing SPF_INTERPOLATE from A_SetPitch.
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Here's an example of what Doomenator is talking about.
I've noticed the bug a very long time ago, but I usually just patch out recoil out of the mods I play since I dont like it.
It has to do something with interpolation in a set_pitch, where instead of moving along with the mouse it keeps the view angle value and then returns to it after it is done, instead of moving to the new angle.
This makes view to snap back 1 frame after the pitch function is done working.
It interacts fine with keyboard movement, so I think that something went wrong in the implementation of this functions interaction with mouselook about 2 years or so ago.

Here's an example of this behaviour: https://drive.google.com/open?id=14GtiN ... gAMfcTl3zd
Download the original video then run it frame by frame and look at how camera behaves while the beam is going. You can clearly see the camera going back and forth, despite no horizontal recoil being there while the beam is fired stationary.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”