Kira's Bizarre Adventure

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Kira's Bizarre Adventure

Post by YukiHerz »

I Had A 『BONER』.
Now I want to see the whole duwang cast's stands as a gameplay mod, The Hand would be fists, Love Delux could be chainsaw?
Big C

Post by Big C »

Saddened that the slot 4 weapon isn't Joseph's Tommy gun from Battle Tendency! Remember when he pulled one out of nowhere to smoke Straizo?
Nikoran

Post by Nikoran »

Good stuff. Everything feels fun to use. Hope someday we get a roster of character to choose from.
SnootyWhale

Post by SnootyWhale »

Hey man, I have a problem. The mod works just fine, but there's no sound. Is this problem happening with anybody?
Balgias

Post by Balgias »

How the heck do you use stray cat
Mundaneguy

Post by Mundaneguy »

Is the final boss the ambulance?
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Skelegant »

1: Check your sound settings
2: Enter
3: Did you even watch the trailer? :P
NantoCodd

Post by NantoCodd »

Thanks to this mod, I get interested with DiU that I just finished the whole manga today! Some question tho :
- in Ambulance trailer, the Stray Cat's bubble can home in toward enemies, or actually can be controlled?
- the Killer Queen's explosive ability is supposedly to fulfill Kira's need to dispose his victim without traces, but in the mod demons dies leaving corpse
- the Police Girl gun graphic is too high, I can't see what I am shooting at
- Who is the grinning cyclop demon that hover above the Big Gun pickup? Is that a reference to other part of JJBA, or sort of internal story?
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

1: They used to home in but I removed that feature as they were too OP :D
2: That'd require modified monsters, and including them would break compatibility with monster replacement mods.
3: I know, and it sux. I tried having it lower but it looked like he had 3 hands (attached to his body that is lol)
4: That's Big Gun.
Spoiler:
After escaping to earth, Headless Crash (from Kopflos) gets shot by Enya's arrow (somehow) and develops a stand. After getting killed, her stand is transferred to her shotgun, and it's this weapon Kira finds and adds his own explosive twist to.
I just wanted to make a cacodemon stand, really :D there's no point making a Jojo doom mod if you can't include a little extra doom.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Spoiler: Spoilers for a one-shot story by Araki
Doomguy 2000

Post by Doomguy 2000 »

Do you plan on adding animation frames to the character and perhaps adding injury levels to the hud face?
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

SiFi270 wrote:
Spoiler: Spoilers for a one-shot story by Araki
For now I'll stick with alive Kira, but it'd be interesting to try adding dead Kira in a future uptade, complete with his own weapons :D
Doomguy 2000 wrote:Do you plan on adding animation frames to the character and perhaps adding injury levels to the hud face?
That's been in the works for a while now, but I won't add them til I'm happy with them (ATM they look weird lol)
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

This look great and all but i still wonder about that Evil Edibles project,will we see more of it one day ?

Sorry,it's just that i look at all those projects you made (the videos on youtube) and some of them look very interesting,it's nice that you come up with new ideas for mods but you should also take a look back at your older projects and decide weither this one or that one will be continued or left in the gutter.

Swanky Moppets feel pretty much fine as it is right now,you dont need to put too much stuffs as time goes on.

Evil Edibles on the other hand,is unique since there's hasnt been much mods around that are themed after foods (except Chex Quest mods) as far as i can remember,so it's definitely a concept worth looking into it more and see if this can turn out to have potential once it mature.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

I still have all my old project files and i do fiddle around with them from time to time, but the main thing stopping me from progressing with games like evil edibles is the fact that I don't know what kind of art style it should have. Kira's Bizarre Adventure was easy to sprite for, as it's just Jojo stuff in doom style, however evil edibles needs its own unique, simple style, and I'm still trying to find a good balance between too detailed and too simple.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Well basicaly since it's a theme based on foods,it's tone would be somewhat comedic but at the same time a bit serious.

You should check out Chex Quest,it's a good exemple of a mod based on a similar theme,the design is somewhere between simplistic and detailed,it should be kinda cartoony but not too much since it's about foods fighting against each other in some kind of war or should i say a 'Food fight',lol,so it's kind of a dark/serious scenario for these foods peoples.

So it's basically like a slightly more detailed cartoon that try to take itself seriously.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”