Aetherius (GZD 4.7.1) (Doom/Heretic/Hexen/Strife) [hiatus]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Lord Misfit
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Aetherius [GZDoom for Doom/Heretic/Hexen/Strife]

Post by Lord Misfit »

Level 2 gives you a minor flight spell, so Wings of Wrath are replaced in both Heretic and Hexen with stat-increase seed clusters instead. Also, to be honest, I always assume jumping and crouching are allowed on maps when I play Aetherius, so I just usually jump and crouch around. I've been through the main games so many times by now I've just gotten used to it, but yeah, if you absolutely feel you have to obey the "no jumping" rule, you can use the Flight spell. :V

Also I'd been using pre-142 until now when I discovered of an update, but I went into Heretic on pre-174 and it doesn't seem to crash on save or load for me [I supposed it might still do it on other game modes, but I haven't run an extensive test]. Sometimes certain PCs have weird issues from time to time with certain SVNs that others don't. SeriousCacodemon also has had issues where he'd load a game or save it and then it would crash right after that I never experienced on the same SVNs. x.x

Most save issues I had were a result of corruption of vars or something that was more the SVNs's issue than the mod in question's.

EDIT: The main Aetherius options menu also allows you quick access to "Allow Jump", "Allow Crouch" and a few other gameplay options native to [Q/G]ZDoom if you want to override a mapset's specific rules.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

I think discovered the problem, I'm running Ultimate Doom without the DV-DS-CompatPacks, for me it was only necessary for other Iwads like Unloved for example but I'm already downloading.

I'm just surprised that I managed to run Ultimate Doom without CompatPack, I suppose the failures in my saves should be because of this.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

How do I see the HP (Life) bar in Old Style Hud?
Lord Misfit

Post by Lord Misfit »

there are no bars for HP/MP/Armor in Old-Style, just numbers. In fact to be truthful, the old style HUD is called that because I haven't updated it to include a few things lately that are in the New-style HUD, and there's likely going to be plans to scrap it soon. :\

That being said, you'll need to keep in the original style HUD when using old style [it's not really compatible with the Alternate style HUD setup ZDoom uses]
PlayerLin
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Lord Misfit wrote:Level 2 gives you a minor flight spell, so Wings of Wrath are replaced in both Heretic and Hexen with stat-increase seed clusters instead. Also, to be honest, I always assume jumping and crouching are allowed on maps when I play Aetherius, so I just usually jump and crouch around. I've been through the main games so many times by now I've just gotten used to it, but yeah, if you absolutely feel you have to obey the "no jumping" rule, you can use the Flight spell. :V
I can't believe I missed that flight spell...I checked 3 times of spell menu and then come here to post...looks like I needed some of eye examines or something... :3:

I do jump on some places but I still considering those IWAD maps were designed for no-jumping...but except the locations I said on my post, these are too high/far away to jump on, no, I forgot perks to increase jump power, just ignore that please, but whatever, flight spell is enough for fixed them. :p
Lord Misfit

Post by Lord Misfit »

Well, one of the main reasons I assume to use Jumping and Crouching isn't to skip places , but to be more dodgy and evasive in combat [along side having dashing and the invisiblity sphere/spell increasing your auto-evasion rate, and ironically the mod puts more more emphasis on this sometimes than NuDoom since Flora is pretty glass-cannon-equse early on especially], also because if you're in mid air, some melee attacks might do a bit of extra damage as you're coming down towards the poor monster on the other end of your Sceptre or Chainsaw or whatever melee weapon. :V
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

I just destroyed the game with all 3 classes on the default settings. I am gonna wait til you add in the rest of the missing stuff and try it again. heh
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Lord Misfit wrote:there are no bars for HP/MP/Armor in Old-Style, just numbers. In fact to be truthful, the old style HUD is called that because I haven't updated it to include a few things lately that are in the New-style HUD, and there's likely going to be plans to scrap it soon. :\

That being said, you'll need to keep in the original style HUD when using old style [it's not really compatible with the Alternate style HUD setup ZDoom uses]
OK! And it is likely that in future updates HUD will change as it did with Doom RPG.
Lord Misfit

Post by Lord Misfit »

Valherran wrote:I just destroyed the game with all 3 classes on the default settings. I am gonna wait til you add in the rest of the missing stuff and try it again. heh
Remind me again, what "missing stuff" did you mean? The command lines? o.o
PlayerLin

Post by PlayerLin »

Lord Misfit wrote:
Valherran wrote:I just destroyed the game with all 3 classes on the default settings. I am gonna wait til you add in the rest of the missing stuff and try it again. heh

Maybe like the fullset of Flora's sprites, that's the only stuff I know is missing. :P

Or updates the HUD, adding some new spells, new monsters or even mapping its own maps(hey, this is not NR, right? :p), or more mappacks support...oh, and complete the menu, the status and codex parts are incomplete at all.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

PlayerLin wrote:
Lord Misfit wrote:

Maybe like the fullset of Flora's sprites, that's the only stuff I know is missing. :P

Or updates the HUD, adding some new spells, new monsters or even mapping its own maps(hey, this is not NR, right? :p), or more mappacks support...oh, and complete the menu, the status and codex parts are incomplete at all.
Correct.
Lord Misfit

Post by Lord Misfit »

For mappacks, a recent update adds Cabro's Legacy to the bunch [thanks over to JohnSuitePee for playing it, where I get some ideas for mapsets to try this with], but as for Aetherius-specfic mapsets, I've got no current plans to make any and will leave that to others to consider. Also as for the other things, I don't know when that'll be, since I've been lowkey with modding this since the release. I've basically been on break from it for a while, besides bug reports. :P
PlayerLin

Post by PlayerLin »

Fair Enough, happy with your break time. :D
Lord Misfit

Post by Lord Misfit »

New option "Tracer Speed [Multiplier]" option to alter the velocity of bullet-tracers. Also tracers' have their default speed doubled [160 from 80] now. :V
Lord Misfit

Post by Lord Misfit »

- Mod is now prepackaged with GZDoom 2.3.2 [it was 2.3.0 before] :V

Return to “Gameplay Mods”