Aetherius (GZD 4.7.1) (Doom/Heretic/Hexen/Strife) [hiatus]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Doctrine Gamer

Re: Aetherius [GZDoom for Doom/Heretic/Hexen/Strife]

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Lord! How are there available bat files for download? I am extremely bad at shortcut commands, I tried but none of them worked. I could not test your mod for this. :(
Lord Misfit
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Lord Misfit »

Assuming you have the proper subdirectories ["DV-DS-ComboPack", "DV-DS-CompatPacks" and "DV-DS-iDTech1" being folders within your main GZDoom folder], make bat files with the following in them [for the main game modes]. :o

Code: Select all

gzdoom.exe -iwad doom2.wad -file "DV-DS-ComboPack" +hud_scale 0
- Doom 2

gzdoom.exe -iwad doom.wad -file "DV-DS-ComboPack" +hud_scale 0
- Doom 1

gzdoom.exe -iwad heretic.wad -file "DV-DS-ComboPack" "DV-DS-iDTech1/Heretic" +hud_scale 0
- Heretic

gzdoom.exe -iwad hexen.wad -file "DV-DS-ComboPack" "DV-DS-iDTech1/Hexen" +hud_scale 0
- Hexen

gzdoom.exe -iwad hexdd.wad -file "DV-DS-ComboPack" "DV-DS-iDTech1/Hexen" "DV-DS-iDTech1\HexDD" +hud_scale 0
- Hexen [DeathKings]

gzdoom.exe -iwad strife1.wad -file "DV-DS-ComboPack" "DV-DS-iDTech1/Strife" +hud_scale 0
- Strife

Hope that helps a little. <.<;
Last edited by Lord Misfit on Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

I'll try to guide myself through this your command base and see tutorials to create bath on Youtube. Thank you for your help.
Lord Misfit

Post by Lord Misfit »

Yeah, sorry if I can't make a program or a launcher like mods like DoomRPG have had in the past.

That and I'm also pretty used to command lines and making .bat files. Then again I also use Windows Explorer way more than probably most people who use PCs. :V
rabid marine

Post by rabid marine »

Doctrine Gamer wrote:Lord! How are there available bat files for download? I am extremely bad at shortcut commands, I tried but none of them worked. I could not test your mod for this. :(
Just cram the master file into ZDL. Worked for me.
Lord Misfit

Post by Lord Misfit »

Folder, but yeah, I suppose that would work too. :V

*Doesn't really use ZDL, so he wouldn't know how extensive it'd work for the CompatPacks and stuff.*

Yes sorry, I know I'm a .bat file/command-line scrub. :P
Fallingferret

Post by Fallingferret »

rabid marine wrote:
Doctrine Gamer wrote:Lord! How are there available bat files for download? I am extremely bad at shortcut commands, I tried but none of them worked. I could not test your mod for this. :(
Just cram the master file into ZDL. Worked for me.
Also, if you have 7zip you can also just pack the contents of the mod into a .pk3/.pk7 like a normal mod, too. Just don't compress it for best load times. https://i.imgur.com/2V6zj0q.png If you can't get a working a .bat for it, this way should do it for you. (You can do the same with the Heretic/Hexen/Strife/Compat files and load them after the main mod if you need.)

Edit: As Lord Misfit said below. You still need to separate each game/pack into it's own file this way.
Last edited by Fallingferret on Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lord Misfit

Post by Lord Misfit »

Yeah, when ZDL got brought up, I updated mine and went to see how it worked again, and I noticed for some reason it doesn't allow you to load folders as "External Files", so you have to use additional cmd lines like below:

I mean, I suppose it's not any kind of a real loss for me who uses cmd-lines, but I will say that I'm not planning to make the folders into pk3/pk7/archive-files. You can do that stuff if you want, but as Fallingferret mentioned, it you overcompress, it could hamper load times, I guess. :V

Also, for the DV-DS-CompatPacks and DV-DS-iDTech1 main folders, actually NO. You CAN'T really make the entire folder like that because you will have to load the specific file or individual subfolder within those folders or things will not load right and you'll load a bunch of crap all at once. [Like wanting to play the "Going Down" patch, you'd have to compress/zip the "GoingDown" subfolder inside "DV-DS-CompatPacks" and load the archive file that way].
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Fallingferret & Lord Misfit

Thanks for the help guys, I'll use your tips tonight :D
PlayerLin
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Lord Misfit wrote:
Also yeah, there's a few extra portraits of her in there. Ideally, I'd like to have a more mugshot-equse portrait in the future where the characters react like in the classic mugshot to getting hit, grabbing items, etc, or special reactions to specific buffs and/or debuffs, but art isn't cheap, and I'm saving $ for a new rig soon, so I can't commission from my usual guy that does some of those arts of her at the moment. :P
Oh, sounds interesting! Hmm, money problem...hope you can fix that soon. :)
It does explains why her "player sprites" just A1-A8 only. :P

I just wrote a bat and switch them by adding then removing "rem"s to start which IWAD I want to play, since it already on my GZDoom main directory and I don't want to mess with my ZDL setting or something else and can using my original GZDooM INI file.

rem start gzdoom -iwad doom.wad -file "DV-DS-ComboPack" "DV-DS-CompatPacks/Doom" +hud_scale 0 exit
rem start gzdoom -iwad doom2.wad -file "DV-DS-ComboPack" +hud_scale 0 exit
start gzdoom -iwad heretic.wad -file "DV-DS-ComboPack" "DV-DS-idTech1/Heretic" +hud_scale 0 exit
rem start gzdoom -iwad hexen.wad -file "DV-DS-ComboPack" "DV-DS-idTech1/Hexen" +hud_scale 0 exit
rem start gzdoom -iwad hexdd.wad -file "DV-DS-ComboPack" "DV-DS-idTech1/Hexen" "DV-DS-idTech1/HexDD" +hud_scale 0 exit
rem start gzdoom -iwad strife1.wad -file "DV-DS-ComboPack" "DV-DS-idTech1/Strife" +hud_scale 0 exit
It could better using something like CHOICE command but I just lazy to test/debug it, so it enough for me. lol

Hmm, so the Heretic/Hexen/Hexen:DD/Strife can only use Flora intended? I was wondering if the other 2 DooM heroes can using on those non-DooM IWADs..but I guess it may needed some extra works? Or just too weird to have them... :3:
Lord Misfit

Post by Lord Misfit »

Yeah, A1-A8 is the only real thing she has, and I had ripped those from a debug mode in DQ9 long ago, and they need updated more than any other art asset, but that would be very expensive. x.x

Also, the Doom classes will not be appearing in non-Doom game modes in the future. Ideally, I'd have Corvus for Heretic mode, Baratus/Daedolon/Parias for Hexen Mode, and StrifeGuy for Strife mode as the extra classes. :P
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

A Lord Misfit MOD! Gonna have to try this since I conquered your Nafaria's Reign MOD on Duke Nukem. heh
Last edited by Valherran on Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lord Misfit

Post by Lord Misfit »

"Nefarious" - well that's an unique way to name it XD
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Lord Misfit wrote:"Nefarious" - well that's an unique way to name it XD
Auto-Correct strikes again...
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

I downloaded the ZDL, did everything right and added the command lines but it did not work for me, man I feel even ashamed to be so "Donkey Kong" :oops:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”