Lithium 1.6.3 (Mar. 15, 2020)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Lithium 1.6.3 (Mar. 15, 2020)

Postby cocacolaburglar » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:45 am

I got a question, What's the command to summon a shadow doomguy? It's for science.
cocacolaburglar

Postby Marrub » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:22 am

cocacolaburglar wrote:I got a question, What's the command to summon a shadow doomguy? It's for science.

Spoiler: "mechanical spoilers"
Marrub
Xevv Va Rkvyr

Discord: Marrub#5455
Twitch ID: marrubdaskuleion
Github ID: marrub--
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby eLeR » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:17 pm

Hello, a while ago I played WAD Back To Saturn X Episode 1 with Lithium and Colorful Hell mod. I have to admit that it was great fun, and the Lithium mod provided me with a lot of excitement.
Below is a link to this game: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrrQ ... OvXeFyXYyU

Now I'm starting another episode with exactly the same mods. Before, I played Marine and now Cyber-Mage.

At the same time, I would like to ask if there is a chance (or is it planned) to randomize the statistics of found items?
Last edited by eLeR on Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eLeR

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby Marrub » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:14 am

eLeR wrote:I would like to ask if there is a chance (or is it planned) to randomize the statistics of found items?

Armor will eventually have randomized stats, except for the rare ones. There will also be a system for upgrading armors.
Marrub
Xevv Va Rkvyr

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:57 am

eLeR wrote:Hello, a while ago I played WAD Back To Saturn X Episode 1 with Lithium and Colorful Hell mod. I have to admit that it was great fun, and the Lithium mod provided me with a lot of excitement.

Damn. I wish I could understand Polish. :?

But I guess this is yet another amazing mod that I somehow overlooked. Need to rectify this ASAP!

One question, though: what does Glare do? I tried looking it up in the CBI, but as of yet, I have not found anything.

Finally, is there a way to purchase ammo that is neither rocket nor plasma?
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby Marrub » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:54 pm

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:One question, though: what does Glare do?

It's a free, non-alerting hitscan. It can be used if you presently have no way of shooting a shootable switch, or want to alert a single enemy out of a bunch. (Presently, there are no classes who can't always shoot, but this will not always be the case.)

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Finally, is there a way to purchase ammo that is neither rocket nor plasma?

No.
Marrub
Xevv Va Rkvyr

Postby Deii » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:01 am

So, I started playing Lithium again the other day through LZDoom and I'm having a blast. I initially didn't know where the spells for the Cybermage had gone as of 1.6.2, since the mana syphon never shows anything other than [syphoning mana] and seems to replace the old magic selection menu. I eventually figured out they had been moved to slot 0, but is there a way to still access the menu? It's just more convenient than cycling from Delear all the way to Hosh Dan'ma, which is my favorite spell out of the bunch.

Also thanks for making the Marine's combat rifle that much fun to use! Back in the old days of 1.5 I always felt it was a chore to use after getting some 15-ish maps into a mega WAD, but now it's VERY satisfying.
Deii

Discord: Deii #0915

Postby combolynch » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:10 am

Lore page is missing. I will be happy if you add it again. Also, when will the new update come?
combolynch

Postby eLeR » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:05 am

Marrub wrote:
eLeR wrote:I would like to ask if there is a chance (or is it planned) to randomize the statistics of found items?

Armor will eventually have randomized stats, except for the rare ones. There will also be a system for upgrading armors.

That sounds brilliant. I can't wait to implement the system.

In the meantime, let me put here another movie in which I play with a cybermage. I see that with each new spell character becomes more and more does OP.

Last edited by eLeR on Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eLeR

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby m8f » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:05 am

An issue: Dark Lord's default gun's laser beam particles (Lith_700Laser2) continue to spawn when the level is frozen (with LevelLocals.setFrozen()), and they don't disappear until the level is unfrozen. This causes massive performance drop due to large amount of actors.

I believe the level is doesn't get frozen often when Lithium is the only loaded mod, however some add-ons like PyWeaponWheel and Gearbox freeze the level when used.
m8f
dreamer

Discord: m8f#0629
Github ID: mmaulwurff
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit

Postby Marrub » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:03 pm

Deii wrote:So, I started playing Lithium again the other day through LZDoom and I'm having a blast. I initially didn't know where the spells for the Cybermage had gone as of 1.6.2, since the mana syphon never shows anything other than [syphoning mana] and seems to replace the old magic selection menu. I eventually figured out they had been moved to slot 0, but is there a way to still access the menu? It's just more convenient than cycling from Delear all the way to Hosh Dan'ma, which is my favorite spell out of the bunch.

Hold the Special Action button. Releasing will select the spell under the cursor (you can also still click on them.)

Deii wrote:Also thanks for making the Marine's combat rifle that much fun to use! Back in the old days of 1.5 I always felt it was a chore to use after getting some 15-ish maps into a mega WAD, but now it's VERY satisfying.

Thanks!

combolynch wrote:Lore page is missing. I will be happy if you add it again.

Which lore page?

combolynch wrote:Also, when will the new update come?

When it's done.

m8f wrote:An issue: Dark Lord's default gun's laser beam particles (Lith_700Laser2) continue to spawn when the level is frozen (with LevelLocals.setFrozen()), and they don't disappear until the level is unfrozen. This causes massive performance drop due to large amount of actors.

I believe the level is doesn't get frozen often when Lithium is the only loaded mod, however some add-ons like PyWeaponWheel and Gearbox freeze the level when used.

Huh, yeah, that's easy to fix, I just never accounted for it because Dark Lord won't have any way to stop time.

Edit: Wait, is this in 1.6.3? This should already be fixed in git, since it has NOTIMEFREEZE. I should note that any bugs with the unfinished classes in the current release version should be ignored.
Marrub
Xevv Va Rkvyr

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:31 pm

I stopped at 1.6.2 (which i believe being the last working with LZDoom), so don't shoot me if you already did this: Can a CVAR for making all weapons use ammo be done?

I kinda like infinite ammo, but sometimes it makes the game too easy; maybe you wouldn't even need to make drop spots, but rather make ammo avaiable for purchase in the BIP. =p
Last edited by Dr_Cosmobyte on Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr_Cosmobyte
Also known as: GAA1992

Postby m8f » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:05 am

Marrub wrote:Edit: Wait, is this in 1.6.3? This should already be fixed in git, since it has NOTIMEFREEZE. I should note that any bugs with the unfinished classes in the current release version should be ignored.
Oops, sorry. Yes, this is fixed in git. I should've checked that from the start.
m8f
dreamer

Discord: m8f#0629
Github ID: mmaulwurff
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit

Postby Marrub » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:04 am

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote:I stopped at 1.6.2 (which i believe being the last working with LZDoom), so don't shoot me if you already did this: Can a CVAR for making all weapons use ammo be done?

I kinda like infinite ammo, but sometimes it makes the game too easy; maybe you wouldn't even need to make drop spots, but rather make ammo avaiable for purchase in the BIP. =p

There's an option for making slot 3 weapons take ammo, but I won't add one for the other weapons. Changing such a fundamental gameplay feature is kind of pointless. And personally I only find it makes gameplay less annoying, not easier. The issue mostly lies in upgrades that can make those weapons into ones much more viable in more situations than ones that do take ammo, which is a balancing issue I will probably address at some point.
Marrub
Xevv Va Rkvyr

Postby combolynch » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:24 am

combolynch wrote:Lore page is missing. I will be happy if you add it again.

Which lore page?

There is a link bottom of the credits and git repository... actually I sorta solved that problem by finishing a wad and unlocking the lore in game...

combolynch wrote:Also, when will the new update come?

When it's done.

I can't wait to play those other classes too...
combolynch

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods