Lithium 1.6.3 (Mar. 15, 2020)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Lithium 1.6.3 (Mar. 15, 2020)

Postby Marrub » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:31 am

AvzinElkein wrote:Possible bug: Flemoids don't give mana when KO'd by the Cybermage.

They do, it's just somewhat rare as they're all considered humanoid enemies (which only give mana half of the time.)
Marrub
Xevv Va Rkvyr

Discord: Marrub#5455
Github ID: marrub--
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Captain J » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:01 pm

I absolutely adore and admire the overwhelming detail and plot of this Gameplay Mod. Sound effect of each weapon is great, collecting scores are fun, and i really love interacting with CBI. I enjoyed leading the whole of it. Despite some classes aren't finished, this mod is perfect. But i managed to make some feedback, weirdly!:

- Speaking of CBI, The checker icon of Note section is quite glitchy: If i quickly click on the button, one by one and then click on the note, it disappears and would show invalid texture text at the console command.

- I see the some downgrade stuff that are purchasable for free. I know that they're just for entertainment, but would be nice if you make more downgrades with no extreme penalty to increase your score during the gameplay. Imagine Nuclear Throne's Curse items.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Marrub » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:07 am

Captain J wrote:I absolutely adore and admire the overwhelming detail and plot of this Gameplay Mod. Sound effect of each weapon is great, collecting scores are fun, and i really love interacting with CBI. I enjoyed leading the whole of it. Despite some classes aren't finished, this mod is perfect. But i managed to make some feedback, weirdly!:

- Speaking of CBI, The checker icon of Note section is quite glitchy: If i quickly click on the button, one by one and then click on the note, it disappears and would show invalid texture text at the console command.

This has been fixed in the next version.

Captain J wrote:- I see the some downgrade stuff that are purchasable for free. I know that they're just for entertainment, but would be nice if you make more downgrades with no extreme penalty to increase your score during the gameplay. Imagine Nuclear Throne's Curse items.

Yeah, I haven't implemented many of them because I've been really busy with other parts of the mod. They definitely need more love.
Marrub
Xevv Va Rkvyr

Postby Tc_667 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:58 am

This thing is getting even better over time
Tc_667

Discord: 8069
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby Marrub » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:25 am

Here's a quick update on stuff I've been working on since 1.6.3:
  • Fixing some stuff up and making everything more consistent. The experience should be a lot smoother now.
  • Lots of font nonsense, again, including text colors. This is part of the consistency pass as well. The BIGFONT is now consistent with the HUDs, and is used in more places.
  • The new classes are being worked on. All of them, that is. Hopefully by next release at least one or two of them will be fully implemented - Dark Lord is very close there.
  • Lots. And lots. Of optimizations. And bug fixes. extremely doctor coomer voice I BELIEVE WE'VE FINALLY KILLED EVERY BUG IN THE GAME
  • a dark path iscoming
  • Re-implemented an old friend, Auto-groups! I couldn't find a good way of implementing this until now, so they're back!
  • There's a lot of story stuff coming up, primarily for the endings!
Marrub
Xevv Va Rkvyr

Postby Yebudoom » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:25 am

Marrub wrote:Here's a quick update on stuff I've been working on since 1.6.3:
*snip*

All right! Take your time, 1.6.3 is perfectly playable as is. But still, I'm awaiting the new stuff eagerly!
Yebudoom

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Gourry » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:31 pm

Not sure if this was mentioned but after getting the Omega Cannon, the demonic energy ammo box is still around after picking it up. Going over it doesn't make it disappear.
Gourry

Postby Marrub » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:52 pm

Gourry wrote:Not sure if this was mentioned but after getting the Omega Cannon, the demonic energy ammo box is still around after picking it up. Going over it doesn't make it disappear.

Ammo pickups stay if you did not pick up all of the ammo.
Marrub
Xevv Va Rkvyr

Postby Someonewhoplaysdoom » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:52 pm

Hi, I forgot to report some kind of Bug that happened to me when I was playing the mod with Slaugtherfest 2012, specifically on one of the last maps (the one which have like 10.000 monsters on a relatively small area).

Sadly, I couldn't saw the Bug code and I started playing another map with the savegame. The thing that happened crashed completely the hud and the upgrates from the weapons, and when tried to get away for the level, the game crashes. Maybe that could happened because the number of monsters in the area + the atomic defensive device starting the level, but I don't think is a bug for the Mod itself.

This is some kind of warning if someone wants to play Lithium with the Slaughterfest 2012, But I'm still looking to finish gameplays with the new version of Lithium.
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby john190 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:31 am

I am getting this weird error mesage during gameplay.
Invalid texture :XHairs:10w
john190

Postby Marrub » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:58 pm

john190 wrote:I am getting this weird error mesage during gameplay.
Invalid texture :XHairs:10w

This is fixed in the next version, and is an artifact of upgrading to 1.6.3. For now type this into the console:
Code: Select allExpand view
lith_xhair_style 1
Marrub
Xevv Va Rkvyr

Postby Gourry » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:14 pm

Are the enemy projectiles not supposed to damage their allies when they are in front of you? Had an enemy getting hit with projectiles in front of me not taking damage.

Edit: Seriously? That bites. Thank you for letting me know.
Last edited by Gourry on Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gourry

Postby Marrub » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:58 pm

Gourry wrote:Are the enemy projectiles not supposed to damage their allies when they are in front of you? Had an enemy getting hit with projectiles in front of me not taking damage.

That's, er, a feature of vanilla Doom.
Marrub
Xevv Va Rkvyr

Postby karry299 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:42 pm

Trying to play this in latest GZ with Valiant Vaccinated and SUALithium - tried to change a load order, but there is a constant jumping sound repeating over and over, and in some levels GZ just crashes after 10 seconds or so.

Edit: actually, it seems Lithium just doesnt like Valiant in general. I played several Valiant levels vanilla, and Lithium in several vanilla Doom levels, seems fine, but Lithium in Valiant just crashes and burns.
Says "array access out of bounds", "called from Lith_playerclassmenu".
karry299

Postby CptFirecrotch » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:10 pm

If I'm not mistaken, there isn't a way to see a secret counter, despite having enabled it through the option. Is there any way to change this?
CptFirecrotch

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods