Page 31 of 39

Re: Lithium 1.6.1 (Jan. 24, 2019)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:38 am
by sonoda
I have 2 bug(?)reports.
1:the Japanese weapon modification description is missing.
2: buttons disappear when aimed at certain enemy on Delta-touch.

Re: Lithium 1.6.1 (Jan. 24, 2019)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:22 am
by zimxpentagram
This new version of this mod is really pretty, but I noticed something, the selection wheel for the cyber mage's spells is gone, was this intentional or is it a bug. I keep pressing the bound key for it but it doesn't pop up.

Re: Lithium 1.6.1 (Jan. 24, 2019)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:41 am
by Marrub
sonoda wrote:I have 2 bug(?)reports.
1:the Japanese weapon modification description is missing.

I haven't translated them yet, sorry. I also forgot to remove the placeholder descriptions for the release version, they're missing so that I remember to add them at some point.

sonoda wrote:2: buttons disappear when aimed at certain enemy on Delta-touch.

Can't fix, I don't have a phone capable of running it.

zimxpentagram wrote:This new version of this mod is really pretty, but I noticed something, the selection wheel for the cyber mage's spells is gone, was this intentional or is it a bug. I keep pressing the bound key for it but it doesn't pop up.

Hold the "Special Action" button (it's under the main Controls section.) I removed the old alias for it.

Re: Lithium 1.6.1 (Jan. 24, 2019)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:07 am
by TootsyBowl
Two things.

One, playing this with Fragport is...just wow. After the escape sequence on Map 30 and the ending provided for the Cyber-Mage by the mod, I felt a legitimate sense of catharsis. Everything falls into place just right, the weapons and spells, the enemy leveling system, and the interface that gives the mod a unique RPG-like feel. Nothing like using the final spell to turn seven archviles into goop at once, or finally getting the EXPLOSIONS! upgrade and turning the shotgun into a goddamn cannon.

Two, what in the holy mother of Romero is this?





This thing tanked three Solspears and an a la Mort before going down. Is it some kind of easter egg enemy level?

Re: Lithium 1.6.1 (Jan. 24, 2019)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:15 pm
by Marrub
TootsyBowl wrote:Two things.

One, playing this with Fragport is...just wow. After the escape sequence on Map 30 and the ending provided for the Cyber-Mage by the mod, I felt a legitimate sense of catharsis. Everything falls into place just right, the weapons and spells, the enemy leveling system, and the interface that gives the mod a unique RPG-like feel. Nothing like using the final spell to turn seven archviles into goop at once, or finally getting the EXPLOSIONS! upgrade and turning the shotgun into a goddamn cannon.

Two, what in the holy mother of Romero is this?

This thing tanked three Solspears and an a la Mort before going down. Is it some kind of easter egg enemy level?

Did he happen to kill a ton of enemies? Otherwise, I have no clue, and that's terrifying.

Re: Lithium 1.6.1 (Jan. 24, 2019)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:42 pm
by Funky Gnoll
That happened to me too, except it was a cyberdemon and I spent 5 minutes throwing everything I had at him before I said "fuck it" and used mdk

IT TOOK TWO OF THOSE.

Re: Lithium 1.6.1 (Jan. 24, 2019)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:24 am
by EffinghamHuffnagel
Funky Gnoll wrote:That happened to me too, except it was a cyberdemon and I spent 5 minutes throwing everything I had at him before I said "fuck it" and used mdk

IT TOOK TWO OF THOSE.


[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqF28KiD-Hc[/youtube]


Edit: Hmm. Never tried a video link before. Does [youtube] require additional permissions above [img] ?

Re: Lithium 1.6.1 (Jan. 24, 2019)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:40 am
by Mere_Duke
EffinghamHuffnagel wrote:
Funky Gnoll wrote:That happened to me too, except it was a cyberdemon and I spent 5 minutes throwing everything I had at him before I said "fuck it" and used mdk

IT TOOK TWO OF THOSE.





Edit: Hmm. Never tried a video link before. Does [youtube] require additional permissions above [img] ?

You should have to put only video ID into that tag, not the entire link.
["youtube"]BqF28KiD-Hc["/youtube"] (w/o quotes)

Re: Lithium 1.6.1 (Jan. 24, 2019)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:53 am
by TootsyBowl
EffinghamHuffnagel wrote:
Funky Gnoll wrote:That happened to me too, except it was a cyberdemon and I spent 5 minutes throwing everything I had at him before I said "fuck it" and used mdk

IT TOOK TWO OF THOSE.





Edit: Hmm. Never tried a video link before. Does [youtube] require additional permissions above [img] ?


So now that we can see what the joke is...what's the meaning of it?

Is it saying how Marrub accidentally created a monster that is indestructible without cheats?

Re: Lithium 1.6.1 (Jan. 24, 2019)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:35 pm
by will183
Could we get a standalone mod with just the rain and night time effects?

EDIT: Nvm, saw that someone else asked this.

Re: Lithium 1.6.1 (Jan. 24, 2019)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:57 pm
by RiboNucleic Asshat
So, I've been playing this quite a bit recently, and as a result I've got two incredibly minor QOL requests:

- Some sort of flashlight/night vision would be neat. I'm already using a standalone flashlight mod, but it's not tied into Lithium's systems at all. (If this is already in feel free to call me a dumb-dumb, I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of all the content in here) o rite I forgot vanilla doom has this but still a flashlight would be moodier and cool

- If possible, keys for leaning left/right. This gets pretty damn hard depending on what other mods I'm running it with, and I've been slain countless times because I had to move my whole fatass body into a line of sight instead of just peeking.

And, since it's my obligation to heap praise upon Lithium now, I gotta say that the sheer amount of purely optional flavor text to read is amazing. I love games where you can just read page after page of lore in some sort of codex, so that's a godsend.

Also add a trans pride color scheme for the inventory pretty please :3
I just really like the pink and blue

Re: Lithium 1.6.1 (Jan. 24, 2019)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:31 am
by Marrub
PermaNoob wrote:So, I've been playing this quite a bit recently, and as a result I've got two incredibly minor QOL requests:

- Some sort of flashlight/night vision would be neat. I'm already using a standalone flashlight mod, but it's not tied into Lithium's systems at all. (If this is already in feel free to call me a dumb-dumb, I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of all the content in here) o rite I forgot vanilla doom has this but still a flashlight would be moodier and cool

What kind of stuff would you like for it to do that a standalone mod wouldn't? I'll certainly add it if you have any ideas, this has been a pretty highly requested feature, I just don't know what I would do differently from whatever other flashlight mod you might use.

SemiNoob wrote:- If possible, keys for leaning left/right. This gets pretty damn hard depending on what other mods I'm running it with, and I've been slain countless times because I had to move my whole fatass body into a line of sight instead of just peeking.

Hmm, this is a nice idea. I think I know how to implement it, though it might take me a bit since another project is taking precedence right now.

BifurcatedNoob wrote:And, since it's my obligation to heap praise upon Lithium now, I gotta say that the sheer amount of purely optional flavor text to read is amazing. I love games where you can just read page after page of lore in some sort of codex, so that's a godsend.

Thanks :>

TriNoob wrote:Also add a trans pride color scheme for the inventory pretty please :3
I just really like the pink and blue

Added.

Re: Lithium 1.6.1 (Jan. 24, 2019)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:58 am
by Someone64
All of this mod's little systems have lore and show in the UI as being part of the player character's augments and such and it's great for immersion. I think it would suffice to add the flashlight as one of those (like the HUD, the jetpack system, etc), give it some flavor text, customize its color and size to fit each character (or just pull from DarkDoomZ if you have permission along with its customization CVARs as options), and give it a cool techy sound effect. Alternatively you can also include (even alongside the flashlight) a nightvision augment that can use the flashlight's bind in place of the flashlight. Make them mutually exclusive or something for that. Maybe it can cost a tiny bit of money and CPU power like the other systems or be a balanced choice with the flashlight if you add some nightvision shader that adds noise to simulate lower quality nightvision.

As for leaning, I don't think it would fit the same way as my flashlight suggestion since it's just... leaning. I suggest using Josh's immersion mod since it has its own leaning function and choose between the footsteps from Lithium or Immersion by toggling one of them off (or turning its volume to 0).

Re: Lithium 1.6.1 (Jan. 24, 2019)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:55 pm
by Marrub
Someone64 wrote:All of this mod's little systems have lore and show in the UI as being part of the player character's augments and such and it's great for immersion. I think it would suffice to add the flashlight as one of those (like the HUD, the jetpack system, etc), give it some flavor text, customize its color and size to fit each character (or just pull from DarkDoomZ if you have permission along with its customization CVARs as options), and give it a cool techy sound effect. Alternatively you can also include (even alongside the flashlight) a nightvision augment that can use the flashlight's bind in place of the flashlight. Make them mutually exclusive or something for that. Maybe it can cost a tiny bit of money and CPU power like the other systems or be a balanced choice with the flashlight if you add some nightvision shader that adds noise to simulate lower quality nightvision.

Cool, good idea. Thanks.

Someone63 wrote:As for leaning, I don't think it would fit the same way as my flashlight suggestion since it's just... leaning. I suggest using Josh's immersion mod since it has its own leaning function and choose between the footsteps from Lithium or Immersion by toggling one of them off (or turning its volume to 0).

Sure, but leaning is a pretty neat gameplay mechanic. I was actually going to add it sooner but I forgot to write it in my to-do list.

Re: Lithium 1.6.1 (Jan. 24, 2019)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:57 pm
by RiboNucleic Asshat
Yeah, what I was thinking for the flashlight is having it be a trade-off, e.g. First you have to buy it, or perhaps enabling it requires performance and you can't use it if you've got everything else maxed out, etc.

As for leaning... I didn't actually realize there was a separate mod that had it, I don't really comb through the forums here all that often. Still, I'll leave it up to Marrub what to do in regards to that. It's their mod, after all.