Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Lithium [1.5.2 Update][Sep. 4]

Post by Marrub »

heartsonfire wrote:
Marrub wrote: That's weird. Could you type these things into the console and tell me what it prints?

Code: Select all

lith_gui_xmul
lith_gui_ymul
lith_weapons_alpha
Sure, here's what it resulted in.

Code: Select all

]lith_gui_xmul
"lith_gui_xmul" is "0"
]lith_gui_ymul
"lith_gui_ymul" is "0"
]lith_weapons_alpha
"lith_weapons_alpha" is "0"
Yeah, that's definitely wrong. Those should all be 1. Seems like GZDoom didn't default the settings correctly.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Found a slight bug with Romyetya; if you're in a low ceiling area for whatever reason your slashes have a really bad habit of hitting nothing even when it's right in front of your face. I imagine this is somewhat related to how homing bullets on the SMG have a bad habit of just disappearing if you fire them while being too close to a wall.
heartsonfire

Post by heartsonfire »

That worked, thanks Marrub. Wonder why it didn't automatically set them to 1, though..
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

twinkieman93 wrote:Found a slight bug with Romyetya; if you're in a low ceiling area for whatever reason your slashes have a really bad habit of hitting nothing even when it's right in front of your face. I imagine this is somewhat related to how homing bullets on the SMG have a bad habit of just disappearing if you fire them while being too close to a wall.
Yup, same issue, except this time instead of forgetting to set the size I for some reason set it to 32 height and 16 width. Fixed
mentha

Post by mentha »

could you consider making the smgs seeker rounds make some kind of puff or decal when they derp into monster closet walls to give the player an idea on where his rounds are going? took me a bit to figure that out. i love the fact they do that, its like your gun going "OH, YOU DON'T WANNA AIM ME? FINE, BUT YOU AIN'T ALWAYS GONNA LIKE IT."

EDIT:

So I was playing maps of chaos as cyber-mage, and after defeating another shade and getting hosh'danma all the menus start slowing down a lot. running gzdoom 3.10, the current github version of lithium.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

So, uh...
I was playing through a megawad just now, and the game abruptly ended the level, went to an intermission screen telling me I failed my mission, then returned to the titlemap.
Is... is there a time limit? Why is there a time limit!? Why was said time limit never mentioned?
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Ethril wrote:So, uh...
I was playing through a megawad just now, and the game abruptly ended the level, went to an intermission screen telling me I failed my mission, then returned to the titlemap.
Is... is there a time limit? Why is there a time limit!? Why was said time limit never mentioned?
There is a time limit of seventeen consecutive hours. How the hell did you trigger that?
potetobloke
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by potetobloke »

Marrub wrote: There is a time limit of seventeen consecutive hours
Here's my question.

Why the hell was there a time limit in the first place?

What for?
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Marrub wrote:There is a time limit of seventeen consecutive hours. How the hell did you trigger that?
I was 100%ing every map in Hellbound. Some of those maps take a while to finish even without fully clearing them, and some of the secret areas are a pain in the ass to find if you don't know (or remember) exactly where to look. Also, playing with DRLA monsters; I had a few extraordinarily prolonged chokepoint holdouts due to high-level Tech/Nightmare Archviles... and Spider Overminds take long enough to kill WITHOUT having like double health and ridiculous resistances. Not fun, when you're on a map immediately after a death exit forcing a pistol start and you have to use the shotgun's rail beam to plink rainbow-star 'viles to death (because there's no way I was getting through that many Nightmare Barons and Techno-Lords to hit them directly).
Anyway, it happened about halfway through map 24, so I was getting close to the end, at least. Next time I go through a megawad with this, I guess I'll pick a smaller one, so I have enough time to get those precious Score bonuses and still Save The World(tm).
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Ethril wrote:
Marrub wrote:There is a time limit of seventeen consecutive hours. How the hell did you trigger that?
I was 100%ing every map in Hellbound. Some of those maps take a while to finish even without fully clearing them, and some of the secret areas are a pain in the ass to find if you don't know (or remember) exactly where to look. Also, playing with DRLA monsters; I had a few extraordinarily prolonged chokepoint holdouts due to high-level Tech/Nightmare Archviles... and Spider Overminds take long enough to kill WITHOUT having like double health and ridiculous resistances. Not fun, when you're on a map immediately after a death exit forcing a pistol start and you have to use the shotgun's rail beam to plink rainbow-star 'viles to death (because there's no way I was getting through that many Nightmare Barons and Techno-Lords to hit them directly).
Anyway, it happened about halfway through map 24, so I was getting close to the end, at least. Next time I go through a megawad with this, I guess I'll pick a smaller one, so I have enough time to get those precious Score bonuses and still Save The World(tm).
Holy shit, that's amazing and hilarious at the same time. I commend you for enduring that.
potetobloke wrote:
Marrub wrote: There is a time limit of seventeen consecutive hours
Here's my question.

Why the hell was there a time limit in the first place?

What for?
Because the plot is time-critical. But I didn't think anyone would actually hit 17 hours of gameplay on one map set, guess I was wrong, hahahha.

Also sorry for the lack of updates, been working on something else now that the engine for it is more complete.
I don't have any plans to stop working on this entirely, since I still have at least three new classes to add, just other stuff has taken priority.
Derpius8

Post by Derpius8 »

Who is James, Vanagloriam? After all, he must hold some significance to be the name of the phantom.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Derpius8 wrote:Who is James, Vanagloriam? After all, he must hold some significance to be the name of the phantom.
The phantoms are named after characters in the universe Lithium is set in. Unfortunately Lithium is the only thing I've actually released set in this universe, so a lot of things I reference lack context. :P
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Spoiler: Talking about phantoms.
potetobloke
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by potetobloke »

Marrub wrote:Because the plot is time-critical. But I didn't think anyone would actually hit 17 hours of gameplay on one map set, guess I was wrong, hahahha.
I think the time limit should be an option instead, enabled by default.
Spoiler: also
assassingao

Post by assassingao »

A bug report, I think. After I respawn, I can't fire anything as a cyber-mage in a network game. It shows this spell thing instead. I can swap weapons, but none of them will fire.

Edit: I can fire weapons and spells once I hold the quick-spell button, but if I don't hold that key then I can't fire.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”