Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Apokalyps117

Re: Lithium [1.5 Beta/Jul. 17]

Post by Apokalyps117 »

Is this supposed to be a pk7 file? Because even if I change it to a pk3 it still errors in SLADE
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Lithium [1.5 Beta/Jul. 17]

Post by Wivicer »

Apokalyps117 wrote:Is this supposed to be a pk7 file? Because even if I change it to a pk3 it still errors in SLADE
A pk7 is a renamed .7z file. SLADE can't open those.

So, to answer your question, yes, it is supposed to be a pk7. Just 7z it to a new folder if you want to look inside.
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Lithium [1.5 Release][Aug. 25]

Post by Marrub »

Version 1.5 (Pegmatite) has been released! Download

There's a lot of new stuff here, but mainly: Cyber-Mage is now completely playable, and as for these two characters, the mod is complete.
Perhaps there's still more warriors yet to meet?
Anyway, thank you all again for playing.
This probably won't be the last release, but at the moment I am satisfied (unless everyone points a million fingers at something awful I forgot to fix, which is as likely as ever.)

Changes:
Spoiler:
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Holding the spell menu bind and moving the cursor moves your camera. Also, I think the spell menu bind should be a toggle instead of hold.

EDIT: Shotgun description says it holds 5 shots instead of 8. Also, I think it should be hold spell button and move mouse over icon while letting go of spell button to select instead of having to click. That would probably work much better.
EDIT2: The soul cleaver doesn't seem to be working... What should I be seeing when it takes effect? Does it work on 100% of enemies I kill?
Yoshi348

Post by Yoshi348 »

Found a HUGE bug; Revenants do not, in fact, work at all on Watch Me Die difficulty. The console spits out "Lith_XH_Revenant at (coords) has no frames" and they're just replaced with the ol' <!> mark. They work fine on the other difficulties, so it's just the extra-hard version.

GZDoom 3.1.0, stock Doom II Map06.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Someone64 wrote:Holding the spell menu bind and moving the cursor moves your camera. Also, I think the spell menu bind should be a toggle instead of hold.
Yeah, I can't fix that, sorry. Technical limitations. Also, you can select the slot 1 weapon to toggle it.
Someone128 wrote:EDIT: Shotgun description says it holds 5 shots instead of 8.
Heh, whoops, I keep forgetting to change stuff when I change its capacity.
Someone256 wrote:Also, I think it should be hold spell button and move mouse over icon while letting go of spell button to select instead of having to click. That would probably work much better.
I like that idea. Will go add that.
Someone512 wrote:EDIT2: The soul cleaver doesn't seem to be working... What should I be seeing when it takes effect? Does it work on 100% of enemies I kill?
Whenever any enemy dies, it'll spawn a projectile. Works for me, did you make sure to actually activate it in the upgrades menu?
Yoshi348 wrote:Found a HUGE bug; Revenants do not, in fact, work at all on Watch Me Die difficulty. The console spits out "Lith_XH_Revenant at (coords) has no frames" and they're just replaced with the ol' <!> mark. They work fine on the other difficulties, so it's just the extra-hard version.

GZDoom 3.1.0, stock Doom II Map06.
Hah, that didn't happen to me because the version of ZDoom I'm using blindly accepted this completely broken code. Fixed, thank you.
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

There seems to be a weird bug on the class selection menu - if you try to use the mouse to select either class, only about a 100 pixel region in the center of each item will allow you to proceed. Otherwise, hovering the mouse elsewhere on either option results in the game not recognizing a menu selection.

GZDoom 3.1.0
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Gzdoom 3.2 here, can confirm this too.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Tekish wrote:There seems to be a weird bug on the class selection menu - if you try to use the mouse to select either class, only about a 100 pixel region in the center of each item will allow you to proceed. Otherwise, hovering the mouse elsewhere on either option results in the game not recognizing a menu selection.

GZDoom 3.1.0
Yep, can't fix that, I even confirmed that happening before release... I'll either have to remove the custom class selection or just tell people to use the arrow keys. :/
NotSoHazy

Post by NotSoHazy »

Can you please tell me actor names of "weapon modification device" and other required items for activating upgrades?
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

NotSoHazy wrote:Can you please tell me actor names of "weapon modification device" and other required items for activating upgrades?
The CBI upgrades are Lith_BossReward1 through Lith_BossReward6.
NotSoHazy

Post by NotSoHazy »

Marrub wrote:The CBI upgrades are Lith_BossReward1 through Lith_BossReward6.
Thanks mister
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

dumb question, but i cant seem to see the weapon sprites? older or newer gzdoom version, no idea how to change that
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

chronoteeth wrote:dumb question, but i cant seem to see the weapon sprites? older or newer gzdoom version, no idea how to change that
Is lith_weapons_alpha ("Weapon Opacity" in the menu) set to 0?
Marrub

Re: Lithium [1.5.1 Update][Aug.4]

Post by Marrub »

Version 1.5.1 (Rubellite Pegmatite) has been released! Download

I completely lied in my last release, I noticed a million cracks in the walls all pointing fingers at the fact that I literally can't make a new character without a bunch of magic (which has now been casted) and the generally gigantic amount of things in my todo list, so I've fixed a lot of that.
The next update, 1.6, will contain features such as player levelling, new monster behaviour, and oh god that's a lot of stuff on my todo list maybe I shouldn't be promising all of this
also maybe a new guy who likes to stab things yes
SARABADA

Changes:
Spoiler:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”