Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Lithium [1.3.1 Update/Mar. 16]

Post by Marrub »

GAA1992 wrote:Personal nitpick: charge fist flicks a bit before anination starts. You can add a TNT1 A 1 Setting the initial offsets of the animation, so it doesn't flickers anymore.
You might need to update GZDoom, that's a bug with weapon interpolation that was fixed recently.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Ahhh, Shadowrun! Now everything makes more sense to me and why some things are the way they are.

Yeah, I've played Shadowrun Hong Kong and Dragonfall, so I'm familiar with what you're referring to. I had completely misinterpreted the purpose of the mod, as I thought all the magical stuff was just a "lol why not" kind of addition, than anything more serious. I also didn't pay much attention to the soulsphere and megasphere orbs, thinking they're probably just some techy hologram thingies, than anything magical. Meanwhile, the default doom enemies (demons with magic) didn't seem like anything I was supposed to pay attention to, as I assumed this was just a gameplay mod that focused on guns and movement only.

This totally means my idea of what Lithium is and what I suggested or complained about is definitely missing the point. Oh well, atleast some ideas seemed to land ok and you liked them, but I certainly did miss the whole purpose of this creation, thus most of my thoughts and ideas are useless and way off. The current weapon balance is totally fine in this case.

That said, charge fist does need a buff. My idea from the suggestion was that the knife and the fist serve two different utility roles, with the knife being more of an emergency/low-health finisher weapon, while the charge fist is a fight opener, where you see some enemies unaware of you, duck behind a corner, power that bad boy up, charge in, smash someone, then proceed to open fire with your regular weapons. Althought now that I know what the purpose of the mod is a bit more clear, I think charge fist could be the default slot 1 fist weapon, while the knife is a standalone extra hotkey attack, similar to how the kick is in brutal doom.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

I think the charge fist being a chainsaw replacement is okay since you're usually bound to get one very quickly, or you can (in 1.4) buy it in the shop for cheap.
The knife being usable from a hotkey now accentuates the balance between the two, I think. So, then, just buffing it should be OK.
WarriorShift

Post by WarriorShift »

Ok so I sorta have 3 requests. For my first one could you add a mod that lets you cling to walls. For my second request is a new weapon I thought would be cool to add, it's a pistol-blade that holds one bullet at a time but packs a serious punch, I call it the Butcher.(If you do decide to add it in I vision it as a revolver.) And for my third request could you make a FALCON PUNCH mod for the power fist just for shits and giggles, also because I think it lacks that curtain power punch type feeling. Hope you consider adding these in.
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

Hey, buddies. Ever want to play this mod but think to yourself "Gee I would like to be thrown to the ground and stomped on by monsters that are possibly unfair" or "I sure do miss the Accusers and their bullshit ranged attacks"? Well boy do I got a submod for you!

This is Shut up and Lithium, an enemy-only mod that is now compatible with this mod. Get it here.

I definitely support playing this on Extra Hard, and using Legendoom lite for even more ""FUN"". Optional, you can use THIS to replace Legendoom's sounds with something more appropriate for Suab monsters.

Edit: Due to the version of Droplets that were used in this sub-mod, you may need to use 2.4.0 of Gzdoom.
User160971235

Post by User160971235 »

*sniff sniff* I smell Cacoward material. I can't remember if it was a video or image I had seen a long time ago of this green menu in its early stages. Cool to see it used in a sweet gameplay mod.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

iSpook wrote:Hey, buddies. Ever want to play this mod but think to yourself "Gee I would like to be thrown to the ground and stomped on by monsters that are possibly unfair" or "I sure do miss the Accusers and their bullshit ranged attacks"? Well boy do I got a submod for you!

This is Shut up and Lithium, an enemy-only mod that is now compatible with this mod. Get it here.

I definitely support playing this on Extra Hard, and using Legendoom lite for even more ""FUN"". Optional, you can use THIS to replace Legendoom's sounds with something more appropriate for Suab monsters.

Edit: Due to the version of Droplets that were used in this sub-mod, you may need to use 2.4.0 of Gzdoom.
Added to the OP. This thing's extremely fun and totally not distracting me from actually working or anything.
Dreadflame wrote:*sniff sniff* I smell Cacoward material. I can't remember if it was a video or image I had seen a long time ago of this green menu in its early stages. Cool to see it used in a sweet gameplay mod.
Thanks! If you saw something from early development it was probably this super old video I made. Needless to say, the mod has come a long way since then. :P
I've actually rewritten the entire GUI code about 4 times now, twice since then. At least I'm happy with both its function and its code now.
a1337spy

Post by a1337spy »

Would it be possible to put some screenshake on the weapons? They don't feel fun to use with no feedback to the player.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

The mod doesn't seem to load at all in the version of GZDoom i'm using. It doesn't parse anything from it at all. Unsupported 7z/LMA file.

2.4pre-31-gfcb1c1e
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:The mod doesn't seem to load at all in the version of GZDoom i'm using. It doesn't parse anything from it at all. Unsupported 7z/LMA file.

2.4pre-31-gfcb1c1e
Works fine for me in 2.4.0. Sounds like your download got corrupted.
a1337spy wrote:Would it be possible to put some screenshake on the weapons? They don't feel fun to use with no feedback to the player.
I'll add a setting for it. I personally don't like recoil at all in any videogame, so I never bothered adding it.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Alright, yeah, that fixed it.

Weird. The first time I DL'd it, it ran just fine. And then the day after, when I went to try it out, it didn't work. Odd.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

I've reached a bit of a dilemma in development.

So, the code I wrote for the upgrades system is extremely limiting, and I'm starting to realize this more and more. It's now become a complete roadblock.
In early development, when I was conceptualizing the mod and its systems, the core goals were to have an ability/weapons upgrades system and a CBI upgrades system.

I completely forgot about the latter very early in development, after my first hiatus on the project (far before its release.)

When I added the upgrades system, I did not account one damn bit for just about anything that I absolutely need now. And now 90% of the mod's code, both C and DECORATE, relies on the very specific way that I have it set up. I can't fix it without gratuitous effort. I've pretty much dug a hole and buried myself in it in this regard.

Until I somehow gather the motivation to do some major refactoring, I'm going to.. do.. whatever else. Sorry, all.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

I was just thinking, does it need an upgrade system or any sort of progression at all?

You mentioned the charge fist being a replacement for the chainsaw. This implied to me that you're trying to fit the structure of the mod within the doom's original design constraints. I mean, theres already infinite ammo, flying, dodging, entry nukes and other unconventional stuff that renders doom's original balance obsolete. So why not forego the whole progression thing and just continue the path of thinking outside the box, beyond constraint's of doom's original structure?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I get you. If I EVER would want to add the option of turning off visual recoil, it would demand me to rewrite all weapon decorates and add more than 15 ACS checks on some weapons :/

It's easy on theory.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

GAA1992 wrote:I get you. If I EVER would want to add the option of turning off visual recoil, it would demand me to rewrite all weapon decorates and add more than 15 ACS checks on some weapons :/

It's easy on theory.
That's not really a problem, I could do that in a few minutes, all I have to do is add a thing to every weapon.
Spaceman333 wrote:I was just thinking, does it need an upgrade system or any sort of progression at all?

You mentioned the charge fist being a replacement for the chainsaw. This implied to me that you're trying to fit the structure of the mod within the doom's original design constraints. I mean, theres already infinite ammo, flying, dodging, entry nukes and other unconventional stuff that renders doom's original balance obsolete. So why not forego the whole progression thing and just continue the path of thinking outside the box, beyond constraint's of doom's original structure?
I would, if that didn't also mean having to detangle the upgrades system to get rid of it...

Return to “Gameplay Mods”